Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Fg/Carson buggy question

Old 06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Wile E. Coyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fg/Carson buggy question

Hi,

I'm goin to sell my kyosho madforce to buy a large scale buggy.
Here in italy those kind of cars are not diffused, the only I can buy is the Carson Attack..
I would like some feedback on her expecially on the differential..
I've read some post regarding large scale FG or Carson monster truck's diffs that blow out very easy.. is the same also with buggies??? part here in italy are very hard to find...

Thanx a lot!!

Gian
Old 06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Mad Wax

Default RE: Fg/Carson buggy question

I haven't damaged my diff on Marders or Nitro, suppose it's possible it does happen...but it'll happen on any model anyway right? I would get rid of Nitro- I had a Peugeot 405 4WD bundled with rubbish POS Kyosho engine, then replaced with CZ-11. Going to 2 stroke ends up much much cheaper (fuel) and get far longer run times (usually 15-20 mins with 1:10 .10 CZ-11, 45mins-1 hour with Zenoah 23cc 750ml tank) and I won't mention the Traxxas POS with a RUBBER!??! exhaust that melted, pull start that lasted 2 hours, totally rubbish engine.

You could order via internet, I certainly understand your experiences with model shops. It took 2 MONTHS to order a set of transmission bolts/diff bolts (2 inner + 2 outer) from a local store (don't store wide range of cars/parts)...and even when they did arrive only one side! (1 inner and 1 outer)

I'm from the UK and just placed a order from a company in Germany. Considering I ordered some unusual parts ordered today and was sent out today. So they had them in stock. 3 hours between ordering and dispatch!

http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm

Bit of a naff site navigating & ordering though (on line shop has lots of parts, but no info, whereas main site has info but cannot place order in that page.

Also major plus with petrol cars- the chassis stays clean!! No more slimy residue.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Wile E. Coyote

Ok, thanx madwax, I'm very satisfied with my madforce, never gave me problems, but I like BIG toys, so I would consider to buy a carson buggy...
my only worry is the strenght of the diff 'cos I've read is really weak on carson/FG monsters.. any other experience welcome!!

Also thanx for the link!

Gian
Old 06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
hellya

Use a thicker stronger diff cover www.fg-hopups.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64476.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	279589  
Old 06-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Mad Wax

How exactly is the diff damaged in use? I just remembered a mates Marder diff has dents on the drum (thought the OP was talking about diffs "blowing up" or something)
Old 06-03-2005, 12:27 AM
a_vdk

I use will be using the above steel diff. protector from www.fghopups.com on mine. What happens to the diff. is rocks get thrown up into the diff. from behind. You can try a protector to cover the top and back to help prevent damage www.fgperformance.com has some lexan covers that work good. You may also want to invest in the alloy bottom diff. gear protector since the plastic one is easily destroyed. I bash pretty hard and have found the covers are not completely effective. I would also recommend upgrading to the alloy diff. carriers as the plastic ones can twist which can cause diff. gear distruction. Also consider upgrading the rear upper arms to alloy and move on to metal spur pinion gears to save yourself possible grief.

I enjoy my marder and run it very hard. I would not go back to anything else since this is the most fun I have had in R/C. You will not regret moving up to 1/5 scale.

The only thing left is the real thing
Old 06-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Wile E. Coyote

Ok, yhank you for you r answer, I'll go with that alloy diff!!