Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Pic of a 2 - 1/4 servo setup???

Old 06-22-2005, 05:36 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic of a 2 - 1/4 servo setup???

I know I've seen one but can't remember where. Does anyone have a pic of a setup which shows 2 - 1/4 scale servos? One for the steering and the other to control the throttle and dual disk brakes??
Old 06-22-2005, 01:18 PM
AceCoolie

Default RE: Pic of a 2 - 1/4 servo setup???

What car? I used to run this setup in my EVO but I've since changed it...

Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
SELWA

Great pic!! I'm running it in my "monster marder" now since I've changed it from the MB and the MT-5. I have an aluminum tray that hold the 2 reg. servos and 1 -1/4 servo. If I change it to 2 Hitec 805 servos, one for the steering and one for the throttle and brakes it may brake better. I have both tunning cable brakes and I find with the monster wheels it's a bit tough at times. I wouldn't have to worry about torque at all then. Before I cut the radio tray I need to know it's still a good idea.

Here's some pics of what I have.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...tm.htm#3087412
Old 06-22-2005, 01:46 PM
AceCoolie

Before you make the change, check how much space you have between the chassis and servo mounting plate. I didn't [:@] and found that when I installed the 1/4 scale servos for throttle and brake, they where too tall and hit the chassis. I ended up have to make spacers to mount between the servo and tray to hold them up off the chassis. While this worked, I wasn't happy with the setup as it raised center of gravity as I also had to raise the master cylinders too. On an off-road car for bashing, this doesn't really matter. For my comp EVO, I decided to go with smaller, lighter Airtronics servos.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:35 AM
jimbo1890

I had the same problem when I fitted a 1/4 scale for throttle/brake. The fix is to get the throttle servo as close as you can to the steering servo so the bottom clears the upturn on the chassis rail
Old 06-23-2005, 03:11 AM
original.mb

guys

is a quater scale servo needed for throttle control? i thought a hi-torque standard servo would do the trick.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:28 AM
jimbo1890

No it's not needed I have a 5945mg on my marder race but SELWA seems to want to use a 1/4 scale. He probably has one laying around
Old 06-23-2005, 05:47 AM
SELWA

Don't we all just have one lying around?? I just got mine yesterday as a spare but I thought why not use it?? I think with the dual cable disk brakes and the Monster wheels it would work better. I thought about the clearance issue too. So I'll try mounting it on my spare chassis and plastic radio tray before I cut the aluminum one I have. Another reason I'm doing this is so I can return the receiver box back to it's original location so I can change batteries without a hassle.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:19 PM
strong_material

Here's a link to a picture of a servo setup that I saw

[link=http://www.orienttoyshobbies.net/forums2/index.php?showtopic=2&st=15]http://www.orienttoyshobbies.net/forums2/index.php?showtopic=2&st=15[/link]