Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Sikk 29cc in MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 12:00 AM
mim1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sikk 29cc in MT

How hard is it to install a Sikk 29cc engine in the FG Monster Truck? Any modifications need to be done? Also how high of an octane do you use on this engine?

Thanks guys
Old 06-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Australis

Default RE: Sikk 29cc in MT

i installed the 29cc sikk into my FG MT about 3-4 weeks ago, and taking into account my lack of mechanical background all went well.
i recommend you do it in a clean environment and a clear area to lay out all the parts.
do you have a bearing puller? i dont and i made do with what i have but it wouldve made the job easier.
the 29cc sikk kit has all the bits and pieces for the upgrade, just make sure you remember how the whole motor came apart, and
try and lay the parts out in some sort of order.
when installing the gudgeon pin, it will be a tight fit, and will need some gentle persuasion.
make sure the little circle on one side top of the piston, is facing the exhaust port, also making sure you have the crank in the
correct way.
put the motor back together in basicaly the opposite way you pulled it apart, and you should be good to go, with the a bit of running in
as usual tho.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:42 AM
kidd

i use 110 octane in mine it'll wind up like a nitro. thier not hard to install i would recommend not getting the two piece head with replaceable head button to change the compression ratio. i had one, the anodized head was pretty but the design quality is very poor just stick with a one piece they cool better anyway. and they're really easy to instal make sure the arrow or circle on top of the piston is closer to the exhaust port than the intake and use a business card to set the gap between the coil and flywheel magnet.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 AM
original.mb

i have the sikk 29cc waiting to pop in to my mb but it will have to wait untill i get back from my hols now also i have the oneil pipe to add as well with new offroad airfilter.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:12 PM
mim1212

Thanks guys for all the info. Hey Australis are you near Gold Coast? Gold Coast is one beautiful place!!!!! I hope I get to go there one of these days.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Australis

mim1212, nah mate, i dont live on or anywhere near the goldcoast, have driven past it years ago when heading up north tho.
i live on the opposite side of the country, western australia, the largest state in australia, also full of sand lol
Old 06-28-2005, 07:03 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

High octane fuels above 97oct are a waste of money and build too much heat in the engine they burn way too slow for these low compression engines and most of the heat is being produced in the pipe and not under compression where power is formed. regular old regular pump is just fine and camp stove fuel ( Ozark trail or Colemans) actually works better just use your same oil mix and you are good to go
Old 06-28-2005, 01:31 PM
kidd

alright then the two piece headkits are crap. when i put the one piece head on instead of the two piece and switch to 110 octane full my engine really came to life. i thought the fuel might have had something to do with it. fastrat, why does a 13:1 or 14:1 not warrant higher octane fuel.