Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

pitstop racing ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Australis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pitstop racing ????

http://www.pitstop-shop.nl/
has anyone used these guys?
i purchased an alloy spur carrier, about a week after i first got my FG MT, in early June.
3 weeks went by and nothing showed up, so i emailed them, and they apologised and said they will
look into it.
nearly 7 weeks have gone by now, and they have not replied to my emails the last 2 or 3 times.
so this leaves me in a bind. do i initiate fraud proceedings against them through my visa provider?
any suggestions you guys may have would be appreciated.

regards
Peter
Old 07-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Jared1106

Default RE: pitstop racing ????

Peter,
I have not personally used them but have heard they were great people to use. But if I were in your shoes I would definatly proceed with the fraud thru the credit card company. 7 weeks is a bit much one would think.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:14 AM
jimbo1890

I have now spent over $3000.00 with Krikke.net / netshop.nl and I can't praise their service or communication highly enough. They have answered all my emails promptly and all my packages have arrived promptly and in good order.

If your package was sent surface mail there may not be a problem as last time I was in Holland I sent some stuff to myself it took six weeks.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:17 AM
jimbo1890

Sorry too many beers you wrote pitstop shop.nl and I read netshop.nl to different sites
Old 07-17-2005, 08:26 AM
sasquatch1976

Australis.

I have very good experience with this shop. Everything I orderes has been here in days. Offcause Denmark is way closer than "Kangaroo-land", but they are very kind and answer every E-mail fast.

Jimbo 1890 said it all, and never mind if he was drunk or whatever [8D] I would say the same for Pitstop-shop.nl.

Again. If you chose ground shipping, then expect to wait 10 weeks+
Old 07-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Jared1106

LOL, that is crazy the way the shipping works. Over a year ago I sold a large Nitro R/C boat to a guy in England. He on his own choice opted to take the slower shipping for a differance from 4 to 10 days to who know's how long and the differance was $60. He got the boat in just under 10 WEEKS. That is SO CRAZY.. The good thing was the box was BEAT but the boat was OK.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:08 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not rowboat was an option for shipping.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:20 AM
sasquatch1976

Have you ever considered WHY it is so slow when choosing ground shipping. ???

Some 1 1½ years ago I did buisiness with a guy who worked at a US shipping centre. When the deal came to the shipping options he told me that for my own good I better choose the International Air option. Allthough somewhat expensive I had the package 10 days later including local customs....

When opting for ground shipping ALL packages to a sercain region is packed (or rather thrown by the looks of the package on arrival) in a large container, and it is not shipped untill it is full or approx. every 2 months. What ever comes first !!!!!

He send me a picture of one of these containers.. OMG!! 100+ FG's would fit in there..... So thats why packages, to scandinavia at least, ranges from 4-8 weeks sometimes more. Acording to how lucky you are regarding the filling of one of these containers.

I tryied Towers fast International Prioroty shipping thingie recently. 3 days and the stuff was at my door. Now thats fast !!