Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Ages of guys on large scale forum?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.
View Poll Results: A poll
0-20 years old
9.03%
21-30 years old
29.17%
31-40 years old
38.19%
41-50 years old
15.28%
51-60 years old
4.17%
61-70 years old
4.17%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Ages of guys on large scale forum?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:10 AM
StefanL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ages of guys on large scale forum?

I´m 26....

Started RC when I was about nine or something by getting a Kyosho Ultima Pro for christmas. Have built planes, boats and other makeshift craft with aeroplane engines... Got an Inferno when I was older and ran it a bit, but not much. The hassle of nitro engines got the better of me and I started going to the pub instead...

Got a Marder not long ago, and now my interest is revived, mostly because of the ease and power of gas engines, but also because I now have a well paid job in stark contrast to when I was 16....

Another contributing factor is that I have two sons, age 2 and 4. As they say, when you have kids, you become a kid yourself... True!

Stefan
Old 09-19-2005, 08:41 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

I am going to ammend my RC background a little. In my first post I only mentioned hobby-grade RC gear and that I started last year with a 1:10 scale electric.

My first fuel car was a Cox 0.049 powered van. It used these plastic cams to control the steering on a fixed path. No radio gear at all. The engine was a pain in the neck. I got it running a few times and was thrilled. I also tried and failed to get it started many times and wanted to throw it away. I probably threw it out a some point because I have no idea where it is now.

I also bought many cheap RC cars from Radio Shack trying to satisfy my love for RC. I would eventually screw them up somehow and would have to throw them out.

I love where the hobby stuff is now. The idea I could bash my electric or Firehammer into bits and buy (relatively) cheap replacement parts for the whole thing piece-by-piece is great. No more throwing away RC gear.

When my son is old enough to have the motor skills to drive an RC I will either hand him my 1:10 electric truck or buy him a 1:18 scale electric MT. I have seen those mini trucks running and they are very cool for their size and would be easy for a young boy to deal with.

Ken
Old 09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

I'm 20

been in RC for about 5 years now and it looks like i got a life sentence [&o]
Old 09-19-2005, 04:14 PM
radio_controlled_mad

31 going on 12 - been into r/c cars for around 4 years - started with nitro but shelved those when i got my 1st petrol r/c 2 years ago - goodbye liquid locking,snapped pullstarts & expensive nitro fuel
Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 AM
p113

man im a sqirt im 14 ive been into RC since i was 5 by no account of my family none of them are into it i have now worked my up to a marder got it last year i get the money by runnibg a website selling domain names internet packages email address ect ect. so dont accuse me of being a rich spoiled kid please

Old 09-24-2005, 07:45 PM
aicecoldone

i am 21 got my first RC at 16 it was a t-maxx it is still a sweet truck runs great when ever the pro.15 ever starts. it went in to a tree at full speed and broke nothing, then i got a Savage its good its destroyed. then i got my monster beetle this year its awesome. but i am planning to get a street car or the new hpi buggy
Old 09-26-2005, 08:23 PM
dafid

HI GUYS
Im 59 been into rc for a long while now, 1/10 scale nitros and large 1/5 scale 2 stroke cars also rc aircraft to.
Regards Dave