Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

NEW "HPI" 1/5 SCALE

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
TurtleRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW 1/5 SCALE

This is the type of response in the states I was referring to that will help 1/5 scale,try to read it all one word at a time if you can!!!

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...2&page=1&pp=25
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 PM
lackhand

this thread is truly amazing so much said ( or so little depending on your point of view ).
firstly if i had listened to all the negative stuff i read about the fg mt's i would never have bought 1 and i would of missed out on my best truck yet, i've had hopped up savages and revo's and i have broken - stripped as much on them as i have on my fg so saying 1 type is better than others seems strange to me...
everyone has opinions but we don't have to inflict them on others.
personally i love all the off roaders be them nitro or gassers & i wish i had enough money to own them all.
the new beastie from hpi can only be a good thing if it can generate this much interest ( either positive or negative ) ,it's my hope it may convert some of the hpi faithfull from nitro and with any luck give us some more parts to mix and match with other gassers.

lets wait and see what its like before saying how good or bad it will be
Old 09-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Automan

This is little bit oftopic And dont ask me why [sm=biggrin.gif]

Gnuttarna

History
Gnuttarna was created of Lars Mortimer at the end of 70-talet, also well-known for the characters Hälge and the mean old man. Gnuttarna, or if anything said Gnutten (Bobos friend) was introduced firstlily in the series about “Bobo and the forest friendsâ€. In Bobo-serien each Gnuttarna quite anonymous, but over time became Gnutten so passports popular character in Bobo the series that the leaded to that gnuttarna got an own newspaper (also boy animals, lunch boxes m.m.) approximately in same turned as Bobo is placed down. Now might all gnuttarna pronounced personligheter, probably inspired of Smurfarna, the actual Gnutten each however never with here without disappeared concurrentlily with Bobo.

Appearance
Gnuttar are fuzzy, soft and round (except spelegnutten), the figure compares the man calls for central old man, an old man with legs and arms directly on the head. On body and feet have gnutten thick, white fur, big eyes and a big smile adorn dens face. Arms and legs and the hand are naked from fur grown.

Origins
No knows really where from gnuttarna comes. So here stands the in Gubbgnuttens Gnuttbok about gnuttarnas history: - we know that we come from the misty bogs in north. Correct how we come to knows we not, we came only forward from the mist Gnuttarna has always varigt a people shy people, therefore has the their Gnuttby hidden longlily in in Storskogen. In the fairytales is disclosed never which place Storskogen or Gnuttbyn is located on, this is a security measure stem to protect gnuttarna from the people's cruel natura.
Meaning taking small

Gnuttarna lives a primitive life for themselves in vase houses or in fallow strains in the forest. Electricity and other mother rivet ether is no pursues a gnutt. The farms themselves own land, the harvesting of apples and carrots liver the on. On the winters so has the saved on itself of the harvesting in stores that hang in the trees. Apart from working with the harvesting so does a gnutt that he wants to on the days, sover, plays, getupto adventures or something else. One can say that gnuttarna lives after a hippies meaning taking small. A thing that is safe is that Gnuttarna loves to eat apples and carrots, sometime tillagar gnuttarna Moppelsallad or Moppelsoppa, this is a mixture of just apples and carrots. - the best way to repair Moppelsallad is to eat a carrot and an apple and to let the to intermix itself in the MAG! Yum-yum! Some as is jätteskoj, and as all gnuttar likes is to tickle each other during the feet. Gnuttarna likes also to tease varann, but for a gnutt is the entirely affected to behave bad against your friends, also against your enemies. The as gnuttarna has very difficult taking pcs for is straight and kantiga objects, things will be round and distorted according to a gnutt, otherwise may one change on the the whole.

Gnuttarnas friends and enemies
Here, a complete list is on all playing boredoms persons that a gnutt can remind during your bravader and adventures. The is missing information about a part, this in order to we only face's that the existed, not all around around. Help gladly to, we estimate as common aids on the basis of. Been believed all is the of course you that will play this.

Edit: Directly translated by http://www.systransoft.com/index.html The original info can be found at: http://www.rollspel.nu/index.php?opt...356&Itemid=56#
Old 09-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Automan

Just wait and see how this HPI turns out, this thing may surprise allot of us in a positive way, and that would be nice [sm=thumbup.gif] It's always nice to see new brands in the big scale area.

I would be very disappointed if i never saw a new brand popped up in the big scale league, if no one new would dare to make a big scale model it would be a sad world.

So good luck to HPI, and hope that car turns out to be a good competitor to FG,Technokit,Harm,Lauterbacher etc etc.

Edit: Jeepfreak1972, please keep us updated... in a new thread maybe
Old 09-12-2005, 04:26 PM
jeepfreak1972

ORIGINAL: badz

Amazing how when someone post something about FG some of you people start the crap of personal attacks and company bashing? And then you say others can't take critism? You guy's own any mirrors? Since when do I own Traxxas or HPI? Bash them I don't care...sure they've both made crap products before as do ALL companies but you don't see me crying like a baby over it...you FG guys are sometimes pathetic....

BTW stock 26cc engines put out 2.8HP not 3.9HP and a tuned pipe didn't gain you 1.1HP. And as far as 4HP tearing spurs off...well I got a stock esp 26cc from ddm rated at 3.75HP in my traxxas and I don't tear my gears off ever...maybe your gears falling apart are a FG problem...sounds like a xtm I own it tears gears off every couple tanks of fuel...but then again I beat the crap out of it and launch it 10'+ in the air

Guess I shouldn't have mentioned FG again people's blood pressure will be at boiling point again

I don't know where you got those hp figures but according to the latest fg catalog 3.55hp is what a 23cc puts out and 3.9 is what the 26cc puts out. Even the cy sold with fg engine power on the pull start has these ratings. A stock traxxas puts out 2 according to there info.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Automan

ORIGINAL: jeepfreak1972

ORIGINAL: badz

Amazing how when someone post something about FG some of you people start the crap of personal attacks and company bashing? And then you say others can't take critism? You guy's own any mirrors? Since when do I own Traxxas or HPI? Bash them I don't care...sure they've both made crap products before as do ALL companies but you don't see me crying like a baby over it...you FG guys are sometimes pathetic....

BTW stock 26cc engines put out 2.8HP not 3.9HP and a tuned pipe didn't gain you 1.1HP. And as far as 4HP tearing spurs off...well I got a stock esp 26cc from ddm rated at 3.75HP in my traxxas and I don't tear my gears off ever...maybe your gears falling apart are a FG problem...sounds like a xtm I own it tears gears off every couple tanks of fuel...but then again I beat the crap out of it and launch it 10'+ in the air

Guess I shouldn't have mentioned FG again people's blood pressure will be at boiling point again

I don't know where you got those hp figures but according to the latest fg catalog 3.55hp is what a 23cc puts out and 3.9 is what the 26cc puts out. Even the cy sold with fg engine power on the pull start has these ratings. A stock traxxas puts out 2 according to there info.
Im with Jeepfreak1972 on his 26cc hp info, i thought those numbers where a little of before when badz mentioned it, but then i forgot to mention it.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:33 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Those are right off Zenoah's website the manufacture of the engine for the FG I guess they are lying and FG isn't....I'd sorta think Zenoah knows what their engine can and cannot do...FG only uses it...

Zenoah G230RC 2.5 HP Engine
Zenoah G260RC 3.0 HP Engine
CY29RC 3.2 HP Engine
SK27RC 3.25 HP Engine
SK29RC 3.5 HP Engine

Odd but posted above are the engine specs...need to see Zenoah's exact diagram to be positive click [link=http://www.zenoah.net/products/hobby/download/G230RC_G260RC_307.pdf]here[/link].
and for caculating it yourself feel free to try it....KW x 1.341 = HP it's pretty simple...sounds to me like FG might have lied to you LOL

I gotta point the rc giant scale aircraft guy's and gals here cause we've been wasting our money buying 50cc engines since FG's 26cc puts out more HP....guys you really need a reality check here.

DA-50 Specifications:
Displacement: 3.05 ci. (50cc)
Output: 5 hp
Recommended Props:
2-blade: 22x10, 22x12, 23x10, 24x8.
3-blade: 20x10, 20x12, 22x10 narrow.
Weight: 2.94 lbs (3.13 lbs with stand-off mounts)
Length: 6.7" (170mm) (total with stand-off mounts)
Bore: 1.6771" (42.6mm)
Stroke: 1.3779" (35mm)
Reed valve.
Desert Aircraft auto advance electronic ignition.
Exclusive Desert Aircraft designed cylinder, piston, rod and crankshaft.
CNC milled 7075 alloy crankcase

$595 without a muffler
$230 if that for Zenoah G260RC

btw guys...

Zenoah's new GT-80 G-445
Horsepower: 5.8
Displacement: 80cc (4,87 cu in)
Fuel: gas/oil mix
Peak rpm: 10,000
Weight w/ muffler: 123 oz.
Weight w/o muffler: 108 oz

So with your tuned pipe and bore kit your beating a 80cc twin engine's HP...sure you are...wanna buy a DA 100cc that got 350HP? I'll sell ya one cheap

Old 09-12-2005, 07:34 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turtleracing....

I tried...I really did. I read five pages of that forum, but I only heard from one guy who actually owns a large scale RC. He owns two FG MTs. ....and what was it that he said? Oh yeah, "I wish the engine was a 26 cc like my mt5s though." [X(] Oh no! He's a meany.....he is so negative toward HPI!!! Shame on him!

I can see why you posted that link though. Most of the posts were stuff like:

"looks much sleeker than the FG buggy and all of it's knock offs/variants."
"Looks FAR better than the Marder and Leopard buggies."
"All of the other buggies look like just pieces and parts thrown together to make something big"
"Dude! That looks awesome! That looks so much better than the Harms and FGs."

Well, that whole thread fits in really nicely with your point of view. The rest of us need to stop trying to suppress HPI, [X(] and jump onto the bandwagon. Far be it for anyone on the adult forum to have an opinion that does not reflect your own point of view. [] The entire thread was very positive and complimentary to HPI and their new buggy, and I'm sure that is just what you wanted to hear.

I think that the people on this forum, who posted comments and concerns about the design aspects of the HPI, were speaking as experienced, large-scale buggy owners. Most of the people that other thread have RC cars, but little or no experience with this scale. I think that makes all of the difference in the world.

You are right about one thing though. Those kids sure are positive about the HPI buggy...maybe when that one guy gets a job, he can work for HPI, too.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:54 PM
jeepfreak1972

Look at the max rpms your plane motor is turning vs a Zen 23 or 26. Take 2 motors with equal torque and 1 revs 4,000 rpms faster it puts out more hp. Hp can't be measured in its self. Torque is measured then a formula comes up with hp. I don't know why Fg would lie. Maybe Zenoah puts a concervative rating on them and fg test them with a dyno. I can't say. I do know this. The traxxas monster buggy I owned was a dog compared to the fg I have and at the time I thought it was fast before I had something fast. I'm not saying this because I'm an "FG guy", I'm saying it because its the truth. I am open to all large scale cars, hell I started this thread about the hpi.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:18 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Old 09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
icecreamslick

You're absolutely right, Teamchrome............I don't know how I keep getting sucked back into this worthless thread. [:'(]

That guy just gets under my skin. [:@]
Old 09-12-2005, 08:28 PM
jeepfreak1972

I can't believe I let my self get sucked into this crap. I just wanted to let everone know about the new hpi and here we are arguing about hp figures and what car is better. The MB I have is almost too fast for me so hp on paper don't mean squat. 2 hp or 3.9 hp I get a smile every time I pull the trigger. That is what this hobby is all about is it not? They are all junk and slow when they are broke and they all do that much to often.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
jeepfreak1972

What did I do to you Icecream? Or do you mean someone else?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Jeep: I don't hink he aimed that at you. I have bowed out of this topic days ago. The previous four posts sum up my sentiments on this topic as well as the ad libbed part of my last post. F'ing Nuff said!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:42 PM
icecreamslick

No, no, no..............not you jeepfreak1972. It was another guy, who will remain nameless, as I am tired of all of this crap. [:'(]

I'm glad that you brought the new HPI buggy to everyone's attention. I'm just sorry that it has degraded into this trash-talking muck. [&o]

I want to be friends with everyone...I promise to play nice.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

It appears I may have to turn on the A/C since it appears sort of "hot" in here. Although I haven't seen the new HPI 1/5th scale yet, I did see this large Savage at RCX 2004. And though I own an FG, I'd still like to own this particular HPI. Then again, the fuel costs would be outragous even if I could drive it. Come to think about it, the yellow H2 at RCX 2005 did have a nice stereo to match its 44" tires.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 AM
jeepfreak1972

ORIGINAL: icecreamslick

No, no, no..............not you jeepfreak1972. It was another guy, who will remain nameless, as I am tired of all of this crap. [:'(]

I'm glad that you brought the new HPI buggy to everyone's attention. I'm just sorry that it has degraded into this trash-talking muck. [&o]

I want to be friends with everyone...I promise to play nice.
I try to be friends with everyone too. Some people just make it hard to do that. You know the people on this forum that think they know it all are really annoying to those of us who do. HA HA HA. Just a joke on that last part. Trying to lighten things up a bit in here.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 AM
TurtleRacing

ORIGINAL: icecreamslick

Turtleracing....

I tried...I really did. I read five pages of that forum, but I only heard from one guy who actually owns a large scale RC. He owns two FG MTs. ....and what was it that he said? Oh yeah, "I wish the engine was a 26 cc like my mt5s though." [X(] Oh no! He's a meany.....he is so negative toward HPI!!! Shame on him!

I can see why you posted that link though. Most of the posts were stuff like:

"looks much sleeker than the FG buggy and all of it's knock offs/variants."
"Looks FAR better than the Marder and Leopard buggies."
"All of the other buggies look like just pieces and parts thrown together to make something big"
"Dude! That looks awesome! That looks so much better than the Harms and FGs."

Well, that whole thread fits in really nicely with your point of view. The rest of us need to stop trying to suppress HPI, [X(] and jump onto the bandwagon. Far be it for anyone on the adult forum to have an opinion that does not reflect your own point of view. [] The entire thread was very positive and complimentary to HPI and their new buggy, and I'm sure that is just what you wanted to hear.

I think that the people on this forum, who posted comments and concerns about the design aspects of the HPI, were speaking as experienced, large-scale buggy owners. Most of the people that other thread have RC cars, but little or no experience with this scale. I think that makes all of the difference in the world.

You are right about one thing though. Those kids sure are positive about the HPI buggy...maybe when that one guy gets a job, he can work for HPI, too.

See,that just goes to show how closedminded you really are,I used to live in Texas so I totally understand it though,you really have a good excuse My whole point & the only point I ever tried to make is this is going to generate excitement in the US about 1/5 scale,that is the only thing I have tried to say.I never said it would be better then FG or you ALL knowing very experianced large scale proffesionals ( cause I know you are all winning big purses off of your vast knowledge & winning all those races),it will raise eyebrows in this country,I have said it a dozen times & you pig headed FG guys want to turn this into a flame war,you hear what you want.Because 1 poster made a comment about getting a job they are all kids!!!My son is 14,he has alot of friends that have alot of money & they buy expensive toys,I'm sure they'll read your comment & run right out & buy FGs since you support those kids so much!!There is excitement there about the buggy,there has never been any in this country over any 1/5 scale!!I also like the look alot better but I'm not allowed to voice that either!!!Maybe if you really wanted 1/5 scale to advance you'd listen to the people that don't have them yet,they are voicing their concerns but everybody on this board is much better then to listen to them so they keep doing things the same & nobody new buys them.there was concerns in that forum as well but you didn't quote any of them did you?Oh,except for the FG guys concern,he merrits voicing his concern,not somebody that might be thinking about getting into this aspect of RC,if you are just considering it,you are not worthy of an opinion & you don't matter.Just buy a FG & shut up!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:17 AM
RC Collector

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing
There is excitement there about the buggy,there has never been any in this country over any 1/5 scale!!
The FG MT-5 started the "excitement" because it delivered what the US market wanted - a large scale truck.

AFTER FG released the MT-5, Duratrax started negotiations with Carson to sell a Carson Attack clone under the Firehammer name.

AFTER FG released the MT-5 SMARTECH modified the Carson buggy design into a truck, the Traveller.

Your posts are loaded with offensive rhetoric. Who cares about large scale aero engines? They will not work in an off-road truck. Duh.

As someone pointed out, max HP isn't at all what it is about. This is one of the basic things you learn when you drive a large scale off-road.

Your rantings really should be ignored.

Bad case of verbal diahrrea.

Maybe the HPI Baja can cure it.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:37 AM
TurtleRacing

ORIGINAL: RC Collector

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing
There is excitement there about the buggy,there has never been any in this country over any 1/5 scale!!
The FG MT-5 started the "excitement" because it delivered what the US market wanted - a large scale truck.

AFTER FG released the MT-5, Duratrax started negotiations with Carson to sell a Carson Attack clone under the Firehammer name.

AFTER FG released the MT-5 SMARTECH modified the Carson buggy design into a truck, the Traveller.

Your posts are loaded with offensive rhetoric. Who cares about large scale aero engines? They will not work in an off-road truck. Duh.

As someone pointed out, max HP isn't at all what it is about. This is one of the basic things you learn when you drive a large scale off-road.

Your rantings really should be ignored.

Bad case of verbal diahrrea.

Maybe the HPI Baja can cure it.

That shows how much you pay attention also,I never mentioned aero engines, that was somebody else,I never mentioned HP stats,that was somebody else!!!DUHHHH!!! Get your story straight first,read the posts & who posts them. As far as FG generating excitement,yes they did & this could take it further,you fools just think it starts & ends with FG.Read the posts before you go piping off!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:38 AM
original.mb

can someone close this thread please??? mods where are you when we need ya'???
Old 09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Automan

Yes, It should have been closed by now.... the mod's are probably on vacation
Old 09-13-2005, 08:55 AM
original.mb

ORIGINAL: Automan

Yes, It should have been closed by now.... the mod's are probably on vacation
LOL i reckon they are i wonder if they have gone anywhere scenic