Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 06:17 AM
chevyman_de

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Great job!
What do you do for a living, since this buggy looks like a production unit and not like the average backyard project?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:23 AM
original.mb

turtle

did you build that buggy?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:37 AM
TurtleRacing

I am a tool & die maker & I have been doing the CNC end of it for about 14yrs now. Actually the buggy was simple compared to some of the machines we have built. My oldest son & I worked hard on that buggy,I taught him how to weld & do some simple machining with it. I know the large scale don't respect nitro but we have 3 Revos & we sold our T-Maxxes to get them because they were so impressive. We really enjoy this hobby & I am looking forward to going to the next step of large scale.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:42 AM
TurtleRacing

no pleasing some people, they will always find something to moan about again and again

Remeber that?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:54 AM
outcastrc

I agree that carb forward only makes sence. Keep the air filter in the cool air and keep the exhaust where it belongs, out back. I also agree that HPI is doing a great job. Giving people the chance to own a 1/5th scale car when they could only dream about owning one before... I like many many others have no FG support thru lhs and I refuse to own something I have no local support for. My lhs even looked into it and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Hardly anyone would cash up to buy one if they brought them in. HPI on the other hand is a company that everyone deals with already and there will be no issues getting them or the parts support in. So every lhs in town is jumping on them. In fact they are fighting to get in every single baja they can get there hands on. There already so many people who have thrown cash down... Unlike FG where no one did...

That tells me something. That a lot of people think the way I do. Even if the baja isn't as good as a FG, (not that I care either way) I want parts support, here, there, anywhere I am. I want reasonable prices. I want reasonably priced local aftermarket support. Only competition and a large company like HPI is going to give me that.

Maybe thats why people are getting so upset. Pretty soon there will be 100 lhs's (maybe 1000 lhs's) carrying the baja for every single lhs that carries everything else... I myself can only see this as a good thing. Either FG and everybody else will compete or they won't and will die. If the baja sales don't happen (unlikely from what I have seen) it all won't matter anyways. I want choice and I want a decent price for it. And the more competition there is the better it is for me...
Old 11-16-2005, 06:59 AM
rubixcube

^^ Well said. The same goes for me. The baja will be my first large scale rc. I was looking at FG, but getting parts would be much more of a hassle for me living in the states, than it would be worth.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:14 AM
chevyman_de

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing
Actually the buggy was simple compared to some of the machines we have built.
Even a simple design can show fine craftsmanship and this buggy does!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:19 AM
original.mb

turtle

ra's i have to give props if thats your bugg i thought you were on a blagg, obviously not my apologies

outcastrc

do i know you???
Old 11-16-2005, 07:26 AM
TurtleRacing

Thank you chevyman,I am very proud of it.
Veron, apology accepted. I really did make that buggy,not buy.I didn't have anybody do anything accept having the header & suspension Jet-Hot coated. There is a very good reason I posted it though.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:34 AM
USABaja5B

Alot of people are jumping on the Baja bandwagon, since it does look realistic. The same thing is happening onother forums, where people are saying its just like the one they have in thier full size garage.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:38 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 07:45 AM
TurtleRacing

Of course all pipes mount to the head,it's the direction of air passing over the cooling fins of the head first that makes sense. The fins are there to cool the motor,so it makes no sense to warm the air going into the cooling head by running the air over a hot pipe before entering the cooling fins.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:50 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 08:34 AM
original.mb

turtle

do you have more pics of that buggy? i would love to custom build something like that
Old 11-16-2005, 08:40 AM
TurtleRacing

Yeah I do,they need to be resized though. I will try to start a thread specifically for it later so we can stay on subject here.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:44 AM
original.mb

turtle

sounds good to me mate

hey turtleracing your not so bad after all i reckon we will get on just fine now after all we are all in this sport together

peace
Old 11-16-2005, 08:56 AM
TurtleRacing

Thanks veron, glad to hear it.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:00 AM
original.mb

cool

peace

p.s- i look forward to seeing pics of that awesome buggy you have
Old 11-16-2005, 09:33 AM
wyattroa

why dont you let it come out and give it time to develope? my god man.... the first model for gf did not come out with all this stuff, it took them a little time too. and once again we are not on the hpi staff and have no clue what they have in store for this buggy. it looks like an aftermarket pipe would work fine for the baja coming out the rear...i really dont care if the pipe is not a wrap around pipe like the other models, samba and other places with just have to develope a pipe like that did for he marder or the monster truck. i just think people are so brain washed over fg and other brands that they can not or will not except a new model. give it time to develope just like fg did. this stuff does not just happen over night. my rant is over now.
robert
ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: HPI Staff

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

some one at hpi must of been a fan of the 22yr old tamiya sand scorcher

rcmad, I don't think you understand how much off-roading we do here in America. We didn't copy an old Tamiya buggy, we based the Baja 5B on the popular desert racing buggies that currently compete in races like the Baja 1000 etc. Get your facts straight before you accuse us of copying Tamiya.

why build a offroader that you cant fit a tuned pipe from the start or hydro / cable brakes OF ANY MAKE or run extra servos ect,as well as the engine position - changing these to accomadate these parts would not compromised the design what so ever but it does give hpi the monopoly on all the option parts dont it- i have had a look at the 100 pics you suggested on the hpi website,99% of them is close up on purple nuts and bolts and other anodised wotnots,i prob will sell well and as it does look cosmeticly good- i noticed you read the posts but are very selective on what you answer and pick up on - when i made the tamiya remark i also commented about the brakes,engine & servo tray,i dont see you answering that in a hurry - £750 and it comes with a chung yuang engine - bargain

"fur coat and no knickers"
Old 11-16-2005, 09:44 AM
TurtleRacing

WELL PUT!!!!!^^^
Old 11-16-2005, 09:53 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Old 11-16-2005, 10:27 AM
TurtleRacing

Bottom line is you just want something to argue about,I don't think you are happy unless you're baggin something or someone. If you don't like the design so much why don't you go play on another thread?? Most of the people posting here in this thread are doing so to find out (EDUCATE ourselves) on this new buggy,you're just nothing but negative,not even constructive critisism,just negative attitude. Doesn't matter what anybody says,you don't agree with it, people have repeatedly,politely explained how this will benefit the US & you continue to go on about the price there,you don't miss a beat. You can't see how they're gonna make a pipe,maybe if you'd sit back & watch,you'd see!! I bet oneil bros. are already eyeballing it. Your closed mindedness would not create anything useful at all. What have you ever designed or built in your life,what have you ever made with your own 2 hands,& I'm not talking about making keys on a keyboard move. You plop your $$ down,but it off the shelf,maybe you put it together & think you have all the answers. Try creating something on your own, as long as you keep saying it will never work you'll get nowhere.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 AM
radio_controlled_mad

the marder race i did built myself and i put $6000 in to it so im the 1st to put my money were my mouth is,yes the parts were made by a range of companys but isnt everything in kit form!! - the same as the sand rail you claimed to have built, did i bag the mamba or the commanche - neither is made by fg or the newer stadium truck cos the pro fg come back is starting to wear thin.tell me turtle what do you personally like about the baja - what parts do you think is good value instead of jumping on the back of other peoples posts - why dont you offer something constructive about what the baja offers over any other makes instead of it looks good, it looks good, it looks good, its not much of a defence or reason enough to part with £750 - and i quote that price as that is what there going to cost in the uk regardless of what happens on the american market

my closed mindedness cost $6000 marder race, $2500 harm bx1,$1400 leopard and whatever a j&a mamba is going to cost,so when i look at things i want to be looking ahead and what parts will fit and not be stuck with a model that is hard and expensive to buy options for and certainly dont expect to be sitting & hoping for some small cnc company to produce decent parts - tell me turtle can you see how any makes of hydro/cable (kpd,magura,collari,fg cable,harm,tecknokit) will fit this like as they do on all other makes of cars or is it a case of waiting to see who makes one to suit - just like the pipe,and all the other options large scale owner expect from day dot...i dont spend money on the wait and see lottery

"you can lead a hoarse to water but you cant make it drink"
Old 11-16-2005, 11:28 AM
TurtleRacing

you didn't make it,you bought the parts & put it together,that's it,it's what we call assemblers here & they make $5 an hour. I don't care how much money you spent on your junk,you didn't MAKE 1 peace of it & because you put it together doesn't equate to you knowing anything,all that money for what? you're definately showing what you know now!! I MADE that buggy,not buy the parts & assembled them,get back to my question,what have you ever MADE? Nothing,you're not capable,not for a second,it's a good thing that companies don't think like you,we'd still be rubbin sticks together to light fires,we'd still be drivin model Ts. Why do you post on this thread??? Are you that unhappy with your store bought life?? I'll get warned or banned again & I don't care,I have a bad habit of speakin my mind in life especially when it come to know it all do nothings like you. Expert at everything but can't change a light bulb. The only thing you're good at is mouthin off! There is already an awesome site set-up just for Baja so none of the people that have an interest in this thing need to put up with the likes of you,if anybody is interested PM me & I'll give you the site,except you radio controll sad,go drive your model T & stay unhappy. You have alot of guts questioning me on building that buggy,shows your ignorance,even your freinds are sick of your babble & have told you to give it a break. If the mods on this board had any sense they'd shut you down,it's because of you & the like that the other forum was created & growing by leaps & bounds because people are sick of your GAS!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:34 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Please dear God someone put a bullet in the brain of this thread before we ALL go nuts.

Buy the freakin Baja, don't buy it. I think we have sufficently beat the crap out of this topic. Let's move on to driver reviews when the &$* car comes out!

Ken

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.