Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

FG Bigfoot new beadlocks and carbon fiber chassis!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Bigfoot new beadlocks and carbon fiber chassis!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 08:43 PM
RACE 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG Bigfoot new beadlocks and carbon fiber chassis!

Hi Everyone.

Brent Pierce here, the guy in the photos with the Carbon Parts and Beadlocks for the FG Monsters.

I have read all of the threads you guys have posted and realize that some may have questions as well as concerns. Thank you for all of your comments.

Thanks "kmot" for posting the pics. You said you would create a buzz with theses.
Thanks "Mike" for letting everyone know we talked.

I am prepared to answer questions for those that have them.

Please feel free to ask. I want everyone to know up front that I am a fellow enthusiast that just wants to have good parts when running his truck.

These are not one-offs. I am dedicated to providing the highest quality component that is tested before releasing. We use current design and modeling software. To include Finite Element Analysis (FEA)

Soooo. Who's first?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:15 PM
RACE 1

HI Vernon,

The chassis that i am working on is not carbon plate. We are using a form to make this piece. It is currently in development along with a couple of other designs. The first piece i made was actually a debris cover for a lightened version of the current aluminum chassis. I will post pics when I get back alloy part from the annodizer. No one is making a formed stand alone chassis for these. This is the biggest single piece that will effect over-all vehicle wt. I also have a "monocoque" version in parallel
development. The side pieces that are shown work well and you don't add any additional weight which is not the case with the lexan/alloy arrangement. I think I saw the lexan covers ranging in price from 70-100.00U.S These components are hand layed & require more time to make. This total package that I am currently testing is 1.0 lighter with the machined chassis. The monocoque version willbe 1.5+lbs lighter and just stiff as the aluminum. Not shure on the price for that one. But it shouldn't be to bad. This is the same technology as the current F1 and 24 HRS Le Mans Chassis.

The one goal I have is to bring everyone along with the development process and before I release it I would like to pass it along to someone in the forum for an evaluation before moving into production. I think if you guys were exposed to some results from testing you would be more interested in it. After-all you guys are going to be the biggest critics.

No one in here knows me from ADAM, but I can assure you that i care about these pieces and the people that use them. The only way to build trust is be honest and upfront with everything.

I hope to here from you

Old 10-28-2005, 09:25 PM
USABaja5B

Do you know whwere I can get cheap candles??
Old 10-28-2005, 09:28 PM
RACE 1

SELWA

Your right. The holes at the back are close to the edges. This has not gone un-noticed and is being addressed with the following designs

I have 3 chassis in development.

1.) Light Wt. Alloy with Carbon Debris Cover
2.) Stand Alone Carbon Fibre
3.) Monocoque Chassis with Metal Reinforced Hard points. The Ti metal is laminated between the Carbon where all fasteners are located or thru holes.

if you have questions feel free to ask .
Old 10-28-2005, 09:33 PM
RACE 1

HMMM! FLEA MARKET??
Old 10-28-2005, 10:16 PM
nitrobanditt

so to get this straight...the carbon fiber is actually real carbon fiber i.e not the stuff you see on servo plates or I guess the multi-layered sheet stuff? If so, the mono piece with the ti inserts sounds like something I would definetly want.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:45 PM
RACE 1

Yes. This is the real deal. The Carbon plate is good for some applications. But if you want to have a formed part you need to make patterns and do the lay-up.

I was surprised to see that I had the only large scale formed parts. A company called vantage had some pieces for the REVO and other 1/8th's but is made in Taiwan. I think they had the only small scale formed pieces.

I will keep you posted on the development of this chassis as it moves forward. I am unshure of the price as of yet.

take care and hope to hear from you.

Brent Pierce
[email protected]
704-258-8926
Old 10-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: RACE 1

Thanks "kmot" for posting the pics. You said you would create a buzz with theses.

You're welcome!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

Are you layering your CF in a Quasi-Directional configuration? Or buying Quai-Fiber in sheet form? Most companies use Bi-Directional CF laminate, and this is only strong in one direction. The stock T6-6061 aluminum chassis will hold up better if Quasi-Fiber is not used. As far as I know, only 2 companies use Quasi Fiber, Vertigo Performance, and Fullforce RC.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:26 AM
triton5150

i think its cool you are dedicating time to these awsome monsters. i have three monster beetles and want to mod the chassis and other parts. keep up the good work i like what you have done so far...
Old 10-29-2005, 02:59 PM
original.mb

race 1

sounds good mate i look forward to more detailed pics and info
Old 10-29-2005, 06:16 PM
RACE 1

It is true that the directon of the weave as well as the lay-up will effect the durability of the component being produced. I can assure you that we have taken alot of things into consideration while developing this chassis. Unfortunately, i can not discuss the methods we are using to produce this piece. You never know who is out there looking to steal an idea or take a big short-cut in there work.

The resulting component will be durable and lighter than the alloy piece or it won't be put out there for you guys to try.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2005, 06:21 PM
RACE 1

Thank You Triton5150. I like the truck I have but it needs to go on a diet w/o sacrificing durability or performance.
I actually have 2 of these trucks. One if for testing and the other for mock-up.

Regards

Brent
Old 10-29-2005, 06:31 PM
RACE 1

Thanks again. I'll try to get the pics up ASAP.

I am still waiting for my pieces to arrive home from the show. I should have brought them home with me on the plane.

Cheers!
Old 10-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

ORIGINAL: RACE 1

Unfortunately, i can not discuss the methods we are using to produce this piece. You never know who is out there looking to steal an idea or take a big short-cut in there work.

The resulting component will be durable and lighter than the alloy piece or it won't be put out there for you guys to try.
From what I have seen, this basically means "We are using the cheapest CF available and dont want to give this away because it will cause a decline in our sales if we mention it" or "We dont know, we buy the cheapest CF available in sheet form and cut the parts out". If you look at Vertigo Performance and FullforceRC, they list the direction of the weave on their site and in the product description, and Vertigo even explains how and why they use this type of Carbon Fiber. If you really were using Quasi Directional CF then you would have told us this without hesitation. Yes it will be lighter than the aluminum alloy component, but it will only be stronger if Quasi-Directional CF is used.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:04 PM
RACE 1

If there is one thing I like it is a good debate. What I am doing is not cheap and I am definitely aware of weaves and performance for each and what some should be used for. Just because I choose not to discuss what I am doing at this time means nothing in regard to being cheap or concerned about sales.

If it is important for you to know what I am doing I guess you will have to wait for the final piece that will be submitted to someone in the forum to test besides me before it goes to production.

If the other companies want to advertise what they are doing that is fine. However, I do not have to and will not at this time. If you have read the previous threads you will see that I am working on several designs.

Your input is noted and thank you.

PEACE
Old 10-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

Ok, I do realize that you are putting way too much work into these for them to be cheap CF, and It is evident that you do know your CF, so I will believe you in saying that it is not low grade CF. If it really is quasi-fiber, then I will probably be buying one of those chassis plates. Rigid, and stronger than aluminum alloy = Quasi Directional weaved CF, perfect for a chassis of this scale.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:14 PM
USABaja5B

Canadian-RC, we all know you are a punk 14 year old who doesn't know about manufacturing methods or running a business. Please let the guy run his own business, and the people who want to buy, will.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:20 PM
jimbo1890

How to win friends and influence people
Old 10-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-RC

Canadian-RC, we all know you are a punk 14 year old who doesn't know about manufacturing methods or running a business. Please let the guy run his own business, and the people who want to buy, will.
Its comments like these that give away how retarded you are. You dont have a clue what I could know about manufacturing methods or running a business so why make stupid assumptions?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:14 PM
USABaja5B

Sorry, my opinion has been skewed from the other forums where you play the same games. Bash something, then next line say its the best you've seen. I'll let you have your fun on here as well then. At least they won't ban you here.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Canadian_RC
Banned

I wasnt bashing this product, I think it is great, I was only skeptical on the grade of CF used, but RACE1 has given me reason to believe it is good quality Quasi-Directional weaved CF.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:44 AM
original.mb

race 1 has some new awesome products on the way lets show some positive support and its good to see more compays coming out with different and exclusive products. good luck and i'm down for that cf chassis and side plates
Old 10-30-2005, 07:11 AM
2pock
My Feedback: (4)

Yes I also agree with u Veron, Canadian_RC, keep ya trap closed until the final product is put out! If Brent chooses not to disclose the manufacturing procedures of his products , thats his choice.
Brent the cival people of this forum gladly await the final outcome of ur products . I too am very interested in ur products. Im more interested in the wheels, but will take a look at the chassis also. They are kinda pricey, but hey ur in business to make money not give away a product and free time !

(wish I could be choosen to test out a set of rims) (hint hint)
Old 10-30-2005, 07:17 AM
2pock
My Feedback: (4)

If anyone is interested, heres Brents email to me inquiring about his products.

I Had two types of wheels on the truck. One set was a multi-piece and the other a 1 pc. Both weigh in at 1.0lb for each wheel. This is twice the weight of the stock plastic wheel ( .586 lbs )
I did the multi piece for those that wanted to detail their vehicle with different look center hubs and diffferent combinations of annodizing. The one piece limits you on color and replaceable centers but makes for a less expensive option. Either way it ultimately comes down to what the end user wants.

The pricing is as follows:

The Multi-piece kit comes with;

1. 4- rim housings
2. 4- center hubs
3. 4- center caps
4. 8- threaded beadlock rings
5. all necessary fasteners to bolt center hub to rim housing with spare fasteners
6. lube for the threads on beadlock assy.
7. 1- base mount assembly and spanner wrench. This is used so you can mount the tire and foam easier and torque the lock rings into place

*Price is 525.00 ( The pieces are a machine finish with an applied coating on the threads.)

If anyone wants to save some money initially then send me your tires and foam so that I can mount them. No charge you just pay the shipping. When it becomes necessary to have a wrench down the road get it then.

*Price is 450.00 ( w/o base mount assembly and spanner wrench )

The one piece kit comes with;

1. 4- rim housings
2. 8- beadlock rings
3. lube for threads on beadlock rings
4. 1- base mount assembly and spanner wrench

*Price is 450.00 for the kit ( applied coating to the threads )
*Price is 375.00 w/o the base mount assembly and spanner wrench

If you compare these prices to the current beadlock that is available from molzer-mowery and what you get it is not that expensive. Also, these are better than half the weight and run for the past 6 mos. I won't put anything out there that does not pass testing.

The Carbon Fibre is all hand laid to a form. This is not plate that is machined. The side pieces are moulded to fit directly to the truck. Not bent like the alum. These work very well for keeping some of the debris out compared to the stock pieces. Also, no additional weight like the lexan adds.

The sides come with a new spacer for the rear mount as well as a longer bolt. The way I moulded them called for this. I omitted the side body mounts because when i run my truck they are just one more thing to clip and serve no real structural purpose.

The price for the sides and related hardware is 125.00

The chassis is still in development. I wanted people to see that one will be availale also to see what kind of interest it would generate. MY first testing is with a lightened version of the current chassis and using the carbon as a debris shield. sandwiched between the chassis plate and all components bolted to the truck. The next versions I am working on are a carbon only chassis and a composite honeycomb core like the current F-1 and IRL cars. The current carbon chassis reduces the vehicle wt. by 1.25lbs. The composite core should be lighter yet and more durable. Also, all of the hard points where pieces bolt to the truck will be metal in the make-up of the chassis.

The price for the chassis is 325.00 based on what I have now. This could change a little by the time I am ready for release ( Jan.1, 2006 ) Anyone that orders before then will get this pricing, after that it will be adjusted accordingly.

Let me know what you think. I want to get on the forum where you saw these parts and address any concerns or questions guys may have.

I genuinely care about what I am making and what you guys think.

Thanks and Regards,
Brent Pierce
Race1Design

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.