Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Help with Marder Monster Pipe

Old 10-25-2005, 07:42 PM
MattFH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Marder Monster Pipe

Hey all... My marder monster pipe just arrived today for my Firehammer. I put in on and have a few problems. First, the hole did not line up for the hole through the clutch housing. I merely did not replace the screw and am not sure if I should drill a new hole in the pipe flange or just make sure that the two remaining screws are tight before each run. Second, I was unable to get the screw on the inside of the bend of the pipe that screws into the mount super tight because an allen wrench will not fit in there. Any suggestions? Third, due to the excessive noise of the pipe I was unable run it for very long in my yard. I had problems keeping the car running and getting good throttle response. It seemed to start out ok and then bog and then decide that it wanted to stall etc. I live at about 6,000 feet above sea level but was able to tune the engine for the stock pipe just fine. Do you typically need to lean or richen the low/high needle valves on the carb when putting on a new pipe? Any suggestions on settings to start with?! Thanks guys.
Matt
Old 10-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Default RE: Help with Marder Monster Pipe

Try using an allen wrench like this to get the inside bolt tight Try setting the carb at 1 1/2 turns out on the high and 1 1/4 turns out on the low. We will have a silencer for the pipe very soon.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Default RE: Help with Marder Monster Pipe

If there is a problem with the mounting bracket you can try and fix it or send it back and we will get you a new pipe.