Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FIRE HAMMER

Old 10-26-2005, 07:03 AM
DDM_MASTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRE HAMMER

Is the fire hammer any good , and does any one have one I got one the other day and I haven't been able to run it yet because the factory that I work at cought on fire so if you have one tell me how it runs
Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 AM
J_D

Default RE: FIRE HAMMER

what?

u can't run ur buggy cos ur factory caught on fire?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:10 AM
DDM_MASTER

In like 5 minutes I have to go to work to help with the fire system ,and to get the bell working
Old 10-26-2005, 07:11 AM
J_D

'fire' up the buggy when u get home
Old 10-26-2005, 07:12 AM
DDM_MASTER

when I get home it;s around 12 oclock
Old 10-26-2005, 07:14 AM
DDM_MASTER

well I ogta go to work go to work now seya
Old 10-26-2005, 07:17 AM
J_D

bye
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

You will have a lot of fun with the Firehammer. Break the engine in with non-synthetic 2 cycle oil with the included Duratrax recommendations before 'gettin on it'. Do yourself a big favor and use a good hobby-grade battery charger (commonly called a 'peak charger') for your receiver battery pack. The trickle charger with the car is really much more headache than it's worth. You can get a nicad peak charger for around $40 at your local hobby shop or www.towerhobbies.com. A company called Dynamite and another called MRC make good chargers of this type. If you already have a hobby pack charger like this for an electric car then you're set.

Once you get more familar with the car you might want to replace the thorttle/brake servo. The included one is a little weak and uses plastic gears that can strip over time. It's not something you need to do now but in a few months you might want to consider it. If you get a high torque metal gear servo, your braking will improve. Hitec makes good servos of this class.

Enjoy your new car and bring your questions here to the forum. There are a lot of great guys here who really know their stuff.

One other issue many of us Firehammer users have discovered - Duratrax used screws too long in the air cleaner/carb/intake block assembly. If you air cleaner seems a little loose on the carb use some small washers on the screw head to tigthen things up. DO NOT just tighten down these screws without extra washers. The extra screw length will cause the screw ends to go through the intake block and dig in to the cylinder head and actually push back on the whole assembly possibly causing a vacuum leak. This leak can cause the engine to not start. By using a few washers on the screws it will keep the screw ends from going any deeper into the intake block and allow you to tighten up these parts. It's easiest if you do one side at a time so that the other screw will help keep the holes on all the parts lined up.

Ken
Old 10-26-2005, 09:13 PM
hellya

alot of up grades available
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59690.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	344588  
Old 10-26-2005, 09:34 PM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

One other issue many of us Firehammer users have discovered - Duratrax used screws too long in the air cleaner/carb/intake block assembly. If you air cleaner seems a little loose on the carb use some small washers on the screw head to tigthen things up. DO NOT just tighten down these screws without extra washers. The extra screw length will cause the screw ends to go through the intake block and dig in to the cylinder head and actually push back on the whole assembly possibly causing a vacuum leak. This leak can cause the engine to not start. By using a few washers on the screws it will keep the screw ends from going any deeper into the intake block and allow you to tighten up these parts. It's easiest if you do one side at a time so that the other screw will help keep the holes on all the parts lined up.

Ken
Good observation, maybe if there isn't a washer available - a quick slice with the grinding wheel to trim these screws a little with a Dremel?