Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/5 scale burnout

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
wyattroa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/5 scale burnout

im trying to post a pic of it, hope it works.... i have a pic of a 1/5 scale onroad lighting the tires up with the front brakes locked and the rear ones wide open.. just like when we would do a brake torque in a real car. anyone know how to set this up? well it gave me File Uploaded Successfully so i hope it works. if not maybe i can send the pics to someone in email.

robert
Old 11-04-2005, 09:14 PM
wyattroa

Default RE: 1/5 scale burnout

ok well that sucks and i dont know how to psot them i guess.
robert
Old 11-04-2005, 09:34 PM
hellya

here ya go
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30289.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	348852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32421.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	348853  
Old 11-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

DAMN...NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remmber i used to work at car wash, and everytime i would hit the brakes and gas at the same time, so much fun, speacially i knew it was costumers cars
And i always wanted to do that with my RC, and as soon as i get my G260, i will do it and take a video, i will do it till it even melts down the rim loll

I am guessing i have to set up my 3 channel radio, so i hit the switch and it locks the front wheels??? or there is different way of setting it up? Because i want todive around, and whenever i want, i could do burnout, if u know what i mean
Old 11-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

o yehs...you guys have more pics, please post them [8D]
Old 11-05-2005, 12:19 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wyattroa, You could use the 3rd channel on your radio to do this......but why would you want to waste money on tires?

Dr.ArmoMaxx, 2 things, if you need to power brake a car to get it to burn out.....[&o] also, thats why I dont bring any of my cars to car wash, I dont trust those guys, heck, half of them ride bikes to work. I will stick with having the detailer come to my work wher I dont hand over keys.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:30 PM
wyattroa

See the car i just got is coming with about 30 pairs of tires.. some new, some used once or twice.. i know there is going to be tires in there that are junk and why not just waste them away... and it is fun too. would you know how to set the third channel up by chance?

robert
ORIGINAL: quarterscalelegends

wyattroa, You could use the 3rd channel on your radio to do this......but why would you want to waste money on tires?

Dr.ArmoMaxx, 2 things, if you need to power brake a car to get it to burn out.....[&o] also, thats why I dont bring any of my cars to car wash, I dont trust those guys, heck, half of them ride bikes to work. I will stick with having the detailer come to my work wher I dont hand over keys.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:31 PM
wyattroa

also it is a nice way to warm the tires up as well before running it. the fg comp i had when those tires were even the slightest bit cold all the car would do is spin even at 1/4 throttle.

robert
Old 11-05-2005, 05:11 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see... you can set the 3rd channel to front brakes and just flip or turn the dial to lock them. But you cant use the front brakes when you drive that way. You can use mixing if your radio allows and just turn up the front to max, but then you need to turn it back to normal when you decide to drive. I personally dont really like running with the front disc brakes since it messes with steering in corners when you need to brake because you forgot to before the turn[:-]
Old 11-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's *****in' [8D][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]