Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Which one should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:46 PM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which one should i get?

quantum2plus - if you take a look at the various CY sellers - all are sold with a black cap - this is one reason why Zenoah upgraded their old black cap to the new red cap.

With regards to Zenoah & CY motors being the same price in the UK is the fact that these type of RC cars are expensive - they are out of range of the average RC buyer. This transates to much lower sales per kit and the shops have to sell them at a decent price to make a profit. Since CY and Zenoah looks so much identical but half the price - as long as the buyer doesn't know the facts, its more profit for them. Its the typical supply & demand principle.

I am not a CY fanboy by any means but if anyone questions these engines are assembled in sweatshops in China - they should visit the CY website and take a look what sort of machinery they use to fabricate these motors - http://www.chungyang.com.tw/e/d.htm
Old 11-26-2005, 04:38 AM
quantum2plus2

ORIGINAL: gonsped69

quantum2plus - if you take a look at the various CY sellers - all are sold with a black cap - this is one reason why Zenoah upgraded their old black cap to the new red cap.
If you look at any of the photos of my truck you will see a red cap. It is a CY engine.

BTW the CY and zenoah engines are not sold for the same price. I got my truck with a CY engine fitted for a lot less than I could have got it for with a zenoah.
I'm not bothered what people think of the CY as it will be replaced with a larger capacity CY or SIKK motor soon enough. That was the plan from day one
Old 11-26-2005, 04:57 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: quantum2plus2

I dont see any zenoah powered marders or monsters on Kevs site anymore.
He used to list them with the cy powered cars but they were £80 more expensive.
I've got to get a new body for the MT sometime soon (to make a mould from) so will ask Rik if it still stands true about the zenoah's.
i have yet to see a fg model in the uk or any other country that is cheaper just because it has a cy engine - there the same price regardless so im not sure how you claim kev charges £80 more for a cy powered car unless you meant to say zen! - i bought a marder race from rossendales for £600 on there release and a freind bought the same from kev for the same price around 4 weeks ago both with zen engine.if you were to buy these engines seperate there is cy is around 40-50% cheaper in the uk and other countrys - i buy from rossendales like most in the uk as the family link with king cobra makes it very handy for getting spares at speed instead of waiting for your local lhs to stock them.even though there is a family link between rossendales and kcr two and the two companys are 10mins apart thats as far as it goes - there a seperate buisness so rossendales can order what ever they can make the most profit on and since his father at kcr is the sole importer of fg he can only stock from one place aswell and will probably get a better deal from fg with cy installed cars - you have already seen that rossendales offer a engine choice in the leopard race - fgs top offroader so dont that tell you something.

edit: im not knocking cy as i have never owned one - its about value for £££ when you buy a new car for £600,i did ask tornado racing what was the difference between cy and zen....

"cy has slightly better peformance than zen 03 but zen 04 (red cap) is a step above them both"
Old 11-26-2005, 05:25 AM
quantum2plus2

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: quantum2plus2

I dont see any zenoah powered marders or monsters on Kevs site anymore.
He used to list them with the cy powered cars but they were £80 more expensive.
I've got to get a new body for the MT sometime soon (to make a mould from) so will ask Rik if it still stands true about the zenoah's.
i have yet to see a fg model in the uk or any other country that is cheaper just because it has a cy engine - there the same price regardless so im not sure how you claim kev charges £80 more for a cy powered car unless you meant to say zen! - edit: im not knocking cy as i have never owned one - its about value for £££ when you buy a new car for £600,i did ask tornado racing what was the difference between cy and zen....

"cy has slightly better peformance than zen 03 but zen 04 (red cap) is a step above them both"
Try looking at the rapid racing site. He still lists the zenoah powered monsters but they are more money than the cy engined ones exactly the same as they were at every other place. I have all the emails from the companys to prove it too.

The leopard is an out and out race car and racers preffer the zenoah. I prefer the older zenoah's or the CY's due to the piston ring being thicker and having a longer life. All down to run time v downtime. Plus I knew a few larger cc engines were on my way anyway
Old 11-26-2005, 06:53 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

I agree with Q2plus - lets say the 23cc Zenoah 04 posseses more performance than a CY engine - provided the fact that a you can buy a 29cc CY engine with the lightened/silicon filled stroker for the same price as a 23cc Zenoah 04.

Put both engines on "any" 1/6 offroad vehicle and its not rocket science which motor is going to smoke the other.

cc vs cc - the Zenoah "may" win - there are no figures published so no one will ever know - but for the best bang for buck - we really only have one choice out there.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:22 AM
radio_controlled_mad

i agree you get more for your ££$$$ if your buying a engine seperate then a cy or sikk is a good choice/value for money but if your buying a fg new for £600+ then the least i would expect is a zen engine since there is no price difference with a fg fitted with a cy - rossendales are only offering the choice for the leoaprd now - it was only a few weeks ago they offered the choice in all there fg range as it was brought up in another thread.all fgs in the uk start out through kcr so if other uk based model shops can supply them still with a zen engine then how cant rossendales even though his dad owns kcr - its all about making ££££
Old 11-26-2005, 02:06 PM
qaz393

the shop that i m getting it from comes with a zenoah. which truck should i get? ST, MT, or MB
Old 11-26-2005, 02:10 PM
tizdaz

if you mean MB Pro, then only difference is the shell from the MT...so depends what shell YOU prefer :-)

As for the ST depends if you prefer to have big chunky tyres or more low profile tires :-) ...other than that, all 3 are exactly the same :-)
Old 11-26-2005, 03:27 PM
qaz393

is there difference in the gear ratio between MB pro, ST and MT?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:50 PM
tizdaz

MB Pro & MT nope, as said they are exactly the same why should they be different :-) .. ST not sure due to smaller tyres?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:40 AM
original.mb

st

does have different gearing
Old 11-27-2005, 12:46 PM
qaz393

i m goin to get the mt
Old 11-28-2005, 09:32 AM
tizdaz

Good call :-)

Although ive heard the MT's seem to *tip* over alot more than the MB Pro? guess its because of the aerodynamics of the body as both models are exactly the same? ive not rolled my BM once... yet!

Just remember when you do get it REMOVE the rear anti-roll bar... it makes the suspension way too stiff & less travel
Old 12-04-2005, 11:15 AM
qaz393

if i get the mb, how much do i need to do to make it pro? just add 4 shocks?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:04 PM
hellya

if you buy the MT you could have all 3 vehicles MT, ST, MB pro, with alittle extra $$$ and parts

MT to MB pro get a Beetle body ($100)

MT to ST get the tires, body, change your pinion and front body mounts (tires $210, body $165, pinion $30)

3 in 1 for about $400-500 extra
Old 12-04-2005, 02:15 PM
qaz393

can the beetle onroad be converted to mt/mb pro/mb/st?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:25 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: qaz393

can the beetle onroad be converted to mt/mb pro/mb/st?
Any Fg can be converted to any FG with $$$ and parts