Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Losi Lst 2 Or FG MB

Old 12-13-2005, 10:18 PM
brianquinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Lst 2 Or FG MB

Im going to get a new truck for xmas Can some one compare the lst2 to the FG monster beetle pro? which is easier to tune?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:30 PM
ratpower396

Default RE: Losi Lst 2 Or FG MB

The FG is 10 times easier to tune after all its like a weedwacker & when was the last time you tuned tour weedwacker??The other big bonus is regular gas!!! no more$25 a gallon for nitro that only lasts 10-15 minutes tops now 45 plus minutes per tank.. Just my 2cents.

Matt
Old 12-13-2005, 10:39 PM
brianquinn

Which is faster?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
quarterscalelegends

side by side lst will win. Both you will be happy with though.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

The MB will destroy the LST in top end and no Nitro engine has the torque of a large scale gas engine.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

The MB will absolutely destroy the LST in top end! No comparison here. Also, the MB has MUCH more torque than the LST, and it will go places the LST cant.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

The MB will smoke the LST.
But I don't see how you could even compare the two, they are two totally different vehicles and not even close in price, the LST is just another 1/10 scale nitro burner, and once you go 1/5 scale gas you will never look back at any nitro truck, I know I didn't.
MB= Bigger, Faster, Better.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

The MB wil accelerate faster... Maybe.... It will atleast throw more dirt. But the LST will definitely have more top end. I was faced with the same descision back when I bought my Marder. IMO the MB is 1000x's better simply because it is gasoline powered and requires ALOT less tinkering with which means more run time. Also the 45-55 min tanks I get with the Marder compared to a 12-15 min tank with the LST is enough to convince me. All around, the smarter buy IMO is the MB.

I do love the 1/8 scale designs... tons more RD go into one of those it seems. Though simple in design, the 1/5 FG's are tried and true.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:37 AM
victionone

ORIGINAL: Canadian_RC
MB has MUCH more torque than the LST, and it will go places the LST cant.
I have both, and the LST can go places the MB can't, since it has 4wd. The 2wd MB gets stuck a lot more.

BrianQuinn,

It really depends on what your looking for. The larger 1/6 scales are no where near as durable as the smaller cars, simply because of weight. The larger cars also put more stress on parts, so they wear out quicker. My larger scale cars would not be able to handle the abuse that my monster truck takes. Only beginners have problems with tuning nitro engines, but the gasoline engines are very easy to run. No glow plugs, easy tuning, and runs forever.

If your looking to get a car to bash and jump ramps with, don't get the MB. If your looking for a worry free car that you can run the crap out of, a 1/6 gas car will put a huge smile on your face.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Tweedybird

Yeah I have to Agree, the Baja is looking pretty good right about now, time to graduate from 1/8th scale MT to 1/5th scale for me.
Hopefully next season will be Nitro free

good luck in your decision.

Tweedy
Old 12-14-2005, 06:42 AM
SELWA

Gas all the way. I've sold all my electric/nitro's once I picked up a MB. Now I have that and a 1/5 Harm on-road. You also get more respect when you tell people it's a 26CC engine. I've had mine hit a MGT by accident and mine didn't even move, kept going as if nothing happened. As for the MGT, lets say it was doing cartwheels.
Haven't touch my engine in a year and no problems!! More driving and less adjusting.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:02 AM
radio_controlled_mad

the larger 1/6 scales are no where near as durable as the smaller cars, simply because of weight. The larger cars also put more stress on parts, so they wear out quicker. My larger scale cars would not be able to handle the abuse that my monster truck takes.
i disagree - i have had nitros and parts seem to break or come loose on every outing and thats not taking into account the cost of decent nitro fuel and engine tuning thats why i had no hesitation of selling them on soon as bought my 1st petrol r/c - i have had no problems with parts breaking or wearing down quick due to stress unless the model is pushed beyond its limets as these things are heavy and are not made for jumping - i find im on the phone or net alot less getting replacement parts for petrol cars compared when i had 1/8 scale nitros....+ large scale cars are so much easier to work on
Old 12-14-2005, 07:20 AM
J_D

its simple, bigger = better

Personally i would go for the MB, fuel price, tuning, its all much much better
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Mad Wax

I'ld have to agree small scale are actually weaker, usually a small cartwheel on my 1/10 Kyosho was enough to bend at least one drive shaft. No problem with large scale, if it cartwheels no damage at all. I like to a single sideways cartwheel then driving off
Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 AM
SELWA

It's like comparing a Hummer H1 to a Hummer H3. Get the MB and you will be very very happy!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:27 AM
ibstar

my nitros used to break even before the tank was dry
once i got the marder, nitros not even had a look in, it sits in the garage collecting dust
i have broken the marder several times, but replaced some of the part with ally and now its bullet proof(touch wood)
cartwheels 10' in the air no problem
Old 12-14-2005, 10:39 AM
HeatFire

it all depends on if you want a nitro or gas R/C
but the LST 2 is sooo ugly under the body.. bashing or racing at a track? some ppl thinks that big 26cc trucks have no place beeing at the offroad track..
check stuff like that up
you can probebly get the beetle pro run fast with 2-speed...
and 26cc is so easy to tune..
Old 12-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Ive

I have had nitro's for past three years (Savages x2 28's) and only had marder three months. Wish i had bought marder 3 years ago. Nitro's are now shelf queens and i am unlikely to use again. 1 6th easier to work on and i like the technical things like hydro brakes more like the real thing.
Lastly being able to go to the local shell garage and get fuel rather than £20 gallon nitro and also 45 minute run times on one tank.
MB all the way for me!!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Canadian_RC
Banned

ORIGINAL: victionone

MB has MUCH more torque than the LST, and it will go places the LST cant.
I have both, and the LST can go places the MB can't, since it has 4wd. The 2wd MB gets stuck a lot more.
Actually, the MB will go places the LST cant due to the larger tires which enable it to roll over just about anything. With the addition of a self locking or viscous diff there will be no comparison.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:36 PM
J_D

Wouldn't a 4wd be able to climb steep hills better, since it won't want to wheelie up them and flip backwards?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

You cannot compare Nitro to Gasoline. It is a totally different world, gasoline vehicles are better in all aspects. I have a Savage and an XTM buggy with MT tires, and the XTM buggy goes places the Savage couldnt dream of. The buggy can also climb steeper hills due to the torque difference. The only thing that is not exceptionally better about large scale RCs is their jumping ability. They are larger, and heavier and fly alot further than nitros due to the momentum carrying them through the air, and hit the ground with more force. They can still jump well, but you better land properly from anything over 8ft.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:54 AM
victionone

ORIGINAL: J_D

Wouldn't a 4wd be able to climb steep hills better, since it won't want to wheelie up them and flip backwards?
4WD will climb better. The problem with the 2WD 1/6 scales is that the rear tires will just keep digging in. You can't go up certain hills from a complete stop. I'm not saying that a MB/MT can't climb, but if there is a hill that it can't climb, a 1/8 MT will usually make it without much effort.

I have an arsenal of seven running cars, so I have a car for any application. I have a LSP and Revo for bashing/ramps, a Revo and Jammin' X1-CRT for the track, a Clod for crawling, and a FG MT-5 and LB Super-Cross for driving on the bigger areas. 1/6 cars don't get along well with others, because if you hit any other car, or if they hit you, they will usually have a broken part or two. Nitro cars also can't run at WOT for long periods because they will get very hot. Gas engines on the other hand, run very well.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:52 AM
turnell

I have had a few nitro in my time but not enough that i would regret it, i cant deny that i still enjoy playing with them, in fact sometimes i prefer the fact there smaller and less important to me than say... a large scale car, its just an excuse to rip seven day-lights out of it, but if your going to pick one you have to have the MB. come on look at the difference in the pipe sizes, and now imagine the difference in power....................maybe its enough to make your mind up.

..........TURNELL..........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71118.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	370562  
Old 12-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

ORIGINAL: Acs_guitars
But the LST will definitely have more top end.
Incorrect, the MB will completely smoke the LST in top end, there is no comparison. Faster, easier, better.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Acs_guitars
But the LST will definitely have more top end.
Incorrect, the MB will completely smoke the LST in top end, there is no comparison. Faster, easier, better.

Don't take things out of context, and also drive both before you bash it.... Nitro's in general have a higher top speed because the engines rev higher. It would take the LST longer to top out than the MB, and by that time it would probably be quite far behind the MB.
Faster in top speed is much different than faster off the line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.