Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

x-can or carson pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:51 PM
part-time
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x-can or carson pipe

well this is the last item i need to decide on b4 i order my fg mt next week which is one preforms better?
Old 01-15-2006, 07:05 PM
turnell

Default RE: x-can or carson pipe

deffinetly the carson tune pipe. i don't want to critisize anyone with the x-can but the thing seems useless its ÂŁ35 or so less than a propper tune pipe and its almost no different than the standard silencer except that it makes your engine sound like an exited chainsaw. I'v had a FG tuned pipe since i bought my MARDER and its always performed hughly better than ones with stock mufflers, but if you have the spare cash get a SAMBA i was going to buy one but untill my FG Tuned pipe bust i see no point.

..........TURNELL..........
Old 01-15-2006, 09:01 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

X-can runs great on my boat.
On my buggy I have the Jet-Pro
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40777.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	388449  
Old 01-15-2006, 09:07 PM
chowderhead72

Well said! I don't understand the popularity of the X-can. The stock pipe is not a pipe it is a muffler, a tuned pipe creates a ripple/vacuum that makes the motor not only more powerful but operate more efficiently. The X-can does not create the ripple/vacuum nor does it muffle the sound so for other than bling factor I find it to be worthless. Bash me if you wish but prove me wrong.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:44 PM
teamchrome

If I could find or fit for that matter a tuned pipe on the boat I would.
The X can is very loud but im sure lacking in power, I cant say the same about the Jet-Pro, I love the power and sound..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx71329.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	388488  
Old 01-15-2006, 10:21 PM
part-time

ok thx guys ill get the carson unless i can find a deal on a used pipe b4 tuesday when i order
Old 01-16-2006, 02:43 AM
hellya

A normal tunepipe will perform alot better than the X-can
Old 01-16-2006, 03:49 AM
HeatFire

sad that noone have made a nice tunepipe for marder that doesnt need to cut the body i've heard the xcan performs better then stock.. but i guess a real tunepipe is better..
if you dont wanna cut your body then the xcan is great
i havent tried my tunedpipe fully yet.. cos i got a strange leak.. but wow they really give you more power
Old 01-16-2006, 09:36 AM
sb racing

I have tested the x-can myself and it gave great results, Allot more low down power compared to a standard muffler and a slight increase in top speed, They are excellent quality and for the money you can't moan oh and they look and sound good too

Old 01-16-2006, 10:03 AM
teamchrome

I like the shock boots on your buggy. Ive seen them on your web site, How much to ship to US?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:28 AM
SELWA

I guess it depends how much $$ you can dish out. I have had the 3pc FG and now I use the Samba. Makes it seem like it has a 2 speed in there now. I also pick up a used X-can from one of our fellow rc'ists but I haven't used it yet. I bought it to replace the stock muffler in my Harm on-road. I let you know how well it works when it gets warmer.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:46 AM
HeatFire

www.teamgonads.com (same ones that got the xcan) got some cheap shock boots i got em recently.. and they seem to be of a very good material.. now i just have to fit them
$4.80 for the shock boots..
Old 01-16-2006, 12:09 PM
part-time

the main reason for these choices is the cost. im coming from brushless trucks and i thought that some of the brushless stuff was overpriced. a 100 is about my limit for exhaust because of principle. i could buy i new set of headers for my 1:1 truck for $200. i just want the motor 2 breathe a little better.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:18 PM
HeatFire

i think the x-can would be great for you then atleast for a start will give you atleast a little extra but it's not really needed.. but it's nice.. very nice with some extra power
ppl should think that the price is about 2.25 times less then the jetpro:P and most other pipes
Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM
teamchrome

Is the price on TGN per sock at $4.99?
They have all 8 for $30
If its $4.99 for a set of 4, cool, if its per sock, no way..
Old 01-16-2006, 02:14 PM
HeatFire

Click one of the Qty:8 buttons above and get an introductory price of only $29.99 for a set of 8 Boots.
wow i thought it were 4.99 for 4 socks.. but hmm is it for 1?? lol i dont know any more..
atleast they are nice:P im happy with mine.. you better ask Mark nice guy he will probebly answer
im gonna put up a short "review" of them since im unemployed and got the time and hopefully it will be some fun reading for you
Old 01-16-2006, 02:26 PM
chowderhead72

I don't get it; You will pay $30 for virtually worthless pieces of fabric but you wont spend $150-200 for a part that will make the biggest difference of all of the upgrades you can buy.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
HeatFire

if you mean me.. i allready got my tunedpipe and this is one of the most important upgrades i know
but the shock boots really keep dirt away from the shocks.. will probebly help it in the long run.. and i think they look good.. and that mean that they aint worthless.. maybe overpriced hehe but not worthless but everything to largescale seems to be overpriced.. atleast more or less
Old 01-18-2006, 12:29 AM
TGNman

Hello

I am the owner of TGN and I am here to answer any questions about my products. I will not get into the politics but I will help anyone out that needs it.

We feel the X-Can is a great alternative to a stock or tuned pipe. The X-Can has several aspects that make it work better than a stock pipe and they have been mentioned in other posts. Personally I don’t want my monster truck to pop wheelies and have hard hitting power bands. I want smooth all around power and lots of midrange torque. Now if I had a some shiny tire, show queen monster truck maybe the power band to pop wheelies would be fun to show off in a parking lot but it’s just not my style for the heavy off-roading we do here. Bottom line, I have many dealers happy with the performance and most are very surprised to see how well they work. SBracing is just one of those respectable dealers I am talking about.

As for my new Shock Boots. Yes the $4.99 price per boot is the correct cost. Remember, this industry is small and production numbers are very, very low compared to just about any industry I know. Except maybe blind folded table tennis. Also remember there are more people in the chain who need to make money, distributors and dealers have to pay their rent as well. Plus, I think if you see them in person you will think that they are of high quality and at $3.75 each when you buy 8 they are priced well. They are not some stretchy material like your mom’s panty hose. They are stitched/sewed heavy duty nylon.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but remember the ones that should be respected are ones who speak from experience with the product. This is the case with everything, not just TGN products.

Mark Hull
Old 01-18-2006, 01:04 AM
hellya

SHOW ME THE DYNO
Old 01-18-2006, 02:05 AM
TGNman

ORIGINAL: hellya

SHOW ME THE DYNO
Sorry but we don’t have a dyno but if I did I would not be shy to show results. But again, like I have said many times, the X-Can is not pipe, it performs differently than a pipe. That’s why it’s the X-Can and not an X-Pipe.

Mark Hull
Old 01-18-2006, 03:08 AM
HeatFire

i just surfed another forum about the jetpro.. i drove it once then sold it.. only sound and not much power gain... by the way.. i seem to have a carson pipe copy.. well maybe it's FG and they are copies of eachother.. they work.. alot of low range power:P then it seems to stop hehe
i wich i would have bought an xcan instead:P my pipe leaks.. damn teflon tube... and damn that i have to cut my body and expose the pipe to anything that is thrown on it
i dont trust dynos... i only trust what i see
Old 01-18-2006, 05:35 AM
Mouton

FG's teflon tube is quite hard. I have had to tighten the bolts several times in order for it not to leak. The last couple of times I have been at it I been worried about chrushing the manifolder and pipe -that's how hard the darn tubing is.

A solution would be to make the metal tubing cone shaped prior to installing them.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Jloc

The X-can is not for everyone, but for those who dont have one....are missing out!!! I love the smoooth powerrrr and throaty sound that it produces. It's not the same as just a gutted exhaust can or just makes more noise, It produces awesome results for what it is!!!
I just installed a pair of the TGN shock boots as well and the fit n finish is top notch! I bash my truck pretty hard and I have had to rebuild/clean/maintain my shocks often because they were unprotected.....that will all be history now that im running covers.