Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Getting ready to get back into it.....

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Getting ready to get back into it.....

Old 03-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Jared1106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to get back into it.....

Hello,
How is everyone doing? I am now on the lookout for my "new" toy, been out of the R/C thing for a while now and had to sell everything but am now going to look for a new one, not 100% sure what I will be getting, not to sure it will be a FG, any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2006, 07:00 AM
original.mb

Default RE: Getting ready to get back into it.....

jared

good to see you back dude
Old 03-26-2006, 11:58 AM
carpy100

marder race and a set of monster wheels and gearing, best of all worlds im loving it
Old 03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
dazzahughesuk

Hi ya, I sent you an email last week. did you get it?
Nice to see you back.
you pinched my thread idea almost click me
-Darren

ORIGINAL: Jared1106

Hello,
How is everyone doing? I am now on the lookout for my "new" toy, been out of the R/C thing for a while now and had to sell everything but am now going to look for a new one, not 100% sure what I will be getting, not to sure it will be a FG, any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Jared1106

Hey Darren,
Yes I did get your email, was going to reply to it here right off. Hows things been?
Old 03-27-2006, 04:57 AM
dazzahughesuk

Things have been OK. Missing largescale badly.

ORIGINAL: Jared1106

Hey Darren,
Yes I did get your email, was going to reply to it here right off. Hows things been?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:42 AM
Automan

Welcome back Jared !! really nice to see you again man !! Im glad that you are going into it again. It's also nice to see allot of "oldtimers" getting back into this forum and talk about their cars and what happen, like the atmosphere we had in here around last christmas

I can say that i still love my fg mt, but i also love the mcd hummer... they both have their pro/cons. I would say that a long buggy with monster tires would be your best choice, if you want easy driving and lot's of fun. The mt/mb as you know is harder to control then a buggy, it's really down to what you feel like doing.

The fg brand has lot's of models to choose from, and are as you know good quality and service.
Mcd has a few models, and they are at least as good quality as the fg, just their service really stinks.
The Hormann seams to make a really nice buggy, check it out.
For a touringcar there are other brands also, but i don't really think you are after a on road only car.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:08 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Leopard Race and a set of stadium tires will do the trick. I've also fouind buying a used FG and doing it up really saves you $$$$$. I've saved over $1000 on it and that can/is going towards upgrades as we speak. In a few weeks it will lt VERY nice just like my Marder Race.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:22 AM
dazzahughesuk

Who you calling 'Oldtimers' ?? Checky devil
ORIGINAL: Automan

Welcome back Jared !! really nice to see you again man !! Im glad that you are going into it again. It's also nice to see allot of "oldtimers" getting back into this forum and talk about their cars and what happen, like the atmosphere we had in here around last christmas

I can say that i still love my fg mt, but i also love the mcd hummer... they both have their pro/cons. I would say that a long buggy with monster tires would be your best choice, if you want easy driving and lot's of fun. The mt/mb as you know is harder to control then a buggy, it's really down to what you feel like doing.

The fg brand has lot's of models to choose from, and are as you know good quality and service.
Mcd has a few models, and they are at least as good quality as the fg, just their service really stinks.
For a touringcar there are other brands also, but i don't really think you are after a on road only car.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Automan

ORIGINAL: dazzahughesuk

Who you calling 'Oldtimers' ?? Checky devil
ORIGINAL: Automan

lol.. maybe i could have chosen a better word to describe us "oldies" in this forum A better word would be Veterans, that's for sure

Checky devil..... that made me think of the old tv-series Blue Moon with bruce willis, that was a very good and entertaining series when it was running in the 80s. saw it not long ago on some channel, it was a nice flashback [sm=thumbup.gif]
For some reason, i feel that i have allot in common with the character bruce plays in that series.... a combo of that character and home improvement, that's me [sm=lol.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
USABaja5B

Yo, whats up? Wait for the Baja in a few weeks. (Formerly RAMTech)
Old 04-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Jared1106

Well I finally bought one. I don't know if any of the same guys are still on here from years ago when I was a moderator?
I got the 1/5 Rovan Baja. Excellent price, came with a fair amount of aluminum already on it, factory installed.
Though I won't run it until it is almost 100% aluminum.
Anyone else bought one of these?
Old 04-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Jared1106

Been 12 yrs since I joined RC Universe. Wow, dosent seem that long.