Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja 5b is near, who is in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
CodeToad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Baja 5b is near, who is in?

So the word has it that the 5b is in the boats on the way, expected late this month. Who's in? If you are in, is this your first gasser or are you a seasoned large-scaler?
Old 04-08-2006, 04:01 AM
J_D

Default RE: HPI Baja 5b is near, who is in?

I'm not in

next we'll be hearing its delayed another 5 months cos the ship sank or something :P
Old 04-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Why are so many people obsessed with this buggy? Is it anything different then other buggies, no. there is nothing special about it besides its hpi’s first try at 1/5 scale.

And for love of god will you mods make one OFFICIAL HPI BAJA Thread?
So we don’t get 2-3 threads a day on the same thing?
And it will be easy for all of us here.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:19 AM
kinggeordie

i, jd your right it will be like sony, last christmas there ship got stuck in the suez cannal so there was no ps2 in the uk, baja will b stuck for another year lol!!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:48 AM
jimbo1890

Three replies, all negative.

No wonder the HPI guy no longer visits here.

If I was new to the scale I'd probably order it over the marder race I have now because I really like the sand rail look but unless I find some more disposable income my next model will be 4WD.

Yes it is rather late arriving but how long have we been waiting for the 4wd conversion for the FG?

and as for weak A arms it won't take long for the after market to get into gear.

just my two cents worth.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:32 AM
carpy100

yawn yawn yawn
Old 04-08-2006, 06:57 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

I'm all for this buggy coming out, but i have to agree, this is getting ridculous over and over, stick to one thread.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 AM
carpy100

WHAT A GOOD IDEA! its about time the mods stopped being lazy and posted a few stickies.
oil mix,carb set-up,suspension set up, diff questions.......etc.
it makes you not want to bother helping people on the same things time and time again, which is a shame and causes resentment towards people.
constructive criticism.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:11 AM
wl6
My Feedback: (8)

I am in, it will be my 2nd gasser.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:44 AM
TurtleRacing

Why are so many people obsessed with this buggy? Is it anything different then other buggies, no. there is nothing special about it besides its hpi’s first try at 1/5 scale.

This guy (I say that loosely)posts this same exact thing in every HPI thread!! This is very constructive critism!! I mean really, look at all the very good points he makes!!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:17 AM
USABaja5B

In in.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:07 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

the boat will be hijacked by the pirates of the caribean<~~~~~spelling?, I passed on this long ago, after they jacked me around with not honoring their prices on the preoroder[sm=thumbdown.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 04-08-2006, 10:21 AM
original.mb

i'm in when it eventually arrives from its round the world cruise, this will be my third big scale
Old 04-08-2006, 10:47 AM
CodeToad

Lol, I took a look through the first page threads here and I see two maybe three 5b threads, all asking something different. I was asking both who was in and if this was some folks first large scale RC. I don't recall this being discussed, and I think this car is bringing people into the scale (me for example) and was curious about how many if any others were out there in the same boat.

My deepest of apologies for discussing a yet-to-be discussed topic in discussion forums.

Anyway, I have a feeling there are a few more out there like me, the 5b will be my first large scale RC, and I can't wait!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:14 PM
trevorsride

I'm in!! This will be my first large scale also. I was looking into a FG or Firehammer for about 6 months before I ran across the 5B. Saw it and couldn't stand it, put my money down at the lhs. Should be here near the end of the month they say.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: carpy100
WHAT A GOOD IDEA! its about time the mods stopped being lazy and posted a few stickies.
it makes you not want to bother helping people on the same things time and time again, which is a shame and causes resentment towards people.
constructive criticism.
There are guidelines set for posting "Stickies" by the administration and it has been debated in the moderator forum as well. If YOU have a suggestion, I suggest that you make it in the proper place and forum instead of criticizing the VOLUNTEER MODERATORS on this website who spend numerous FREE HOURS per week on this forum and traveling to events in order to do reviews for the members. Then again, it is probably easier to complain and complain about it in the open forum than taking the time to answer someone's question or make a suggestion. If you have any problems with my post, feel free to take the TIME to PM me and I will get back to you between trying to run my own RCs, moderating, working, and just living in general.

RC Universe Support >> Suggestions
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_47/tt.htm
Old 04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I dont like another damn repeat thread, then I dont look in it. SIMPLE

Arm getting twisted or something. I dont get it. Just gotta reply to every single thread?
Crap, I looked in here thinking it was good news. Besides, I think everone has spent their money on a FG waiting on a 5B.

You guys have fun, Im not looking in here again.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:24 PM
phatdad

Im in,hopefully it will be a strong runner right out of the box,i sure dont want to spend thousands of dollars in upgrades to make it strong enough to bash like you have to do with the FG.Sold all my nitro to get this buggy, it better be right.Please dont cap on me about FG i no guys have put over three grand into the FG STUFF,im not saying its a bad product,i just cant spend that kind of money,i just think HPI will get it right the first time,and also that FG baja is ulgy.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

This guy (I say that loosely)posts this same exact thing in every HPI thread!! This is very constructive critism!! I mean really, look at all the very good points he makes!!
Oh you finally noticed...awesome.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:37 PM
kinggeordie

im out till i see if it lives up to evryones expectations.....
Old 04-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: carpy100
constructive criticism.
There are guidelines set for posting "Stickies" by the administration and it has been debated in the moderator forum as well. If YOU have a suggestion, I suggest that you make it in the proper place and forum instead of criticizing the VOLUNTEER MODERATORS on this website who spend numerous FREE HOURS per week on this forum and traveling to events in order to do reviews for the members. Then again, it is probably easier to complain and complain about it in the open forum than taking the time to answer someone's question or make a suggestion. If you have any problems with my post, feel free to take the TIME to PM me and I will get back to you between trying to run my own RCs, moderating, working, and just living in general.

RC Universe Support >> Suggestions
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_47/tt.htm
I did not say make it stickie...just one Official post with all Hpi post put in that one thread.
I am saying this because it will be really good for all of us.

Anyways i'm out.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:45 PM
michelob78

I was not aware the mods had to make the "official" thread, those are member started threads not moderators. They remain at the top of the forum because of traffic not because they are a sticky. Interest in the thread will keep it going, if you guys don't want multiple on-going threads simply don't reply to the other ones.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:48 PM
kinggeordie

yeah its always the same - like i said well see how many people praise it when it comes out if its that good it will become popular maybe like fg and the clones if it doe i might fund one
Old 04-08-2006, 02:29 PM
CodeToad

Good idea dude, lets put all FG threads in one official FG thread as well, we'll make a Firehammer one too, as well as all the others. This forum only needs say 5-10 threads total. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:35 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: phatdad

Im in,hopefully it will be a strong runner right out of the box,i sure dont want to spend thousands of dollars in upgrades to make it strong enough to bash like you have to do with the FG.Sold all my nitro to get this buggy, it better be right.Please dont cap on me about FG i no guys have put over three grand into the FG STUFF,im not saying its a bad product,i just cant spend that kind of money,i just think HPI will get it right the first time,and also that FG baja is ulgy.
since when did a set of rear ally upper arms and a ally gear carrier cost $3000 more like $60, - the baja carrier is glass filled and weaker than fg stock so will need the same upgrade - all the arms and shock towers look weak on the baja not just the rear uppers as on fg,take a few secs to read apache post

Saw the Baja in real a few weeks ago in Salou.
They did not run it unfortunately, but on that track it would not have survived 5 laps without breakage.
It looked much weaker than I expected on the wishbones and other parts were also far from rock solid. Displaying the car with oil leakage on all 4 shockers at the piston rod is not quite a good promotion. Really wonder how well the car will hold up, I am more sceptic as I was before.
It was the most colourfull car around though.
If they get it right I see an advantage with the longer shocks / travel it has, that is I think the best thing of the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.