Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Steering problem

Old 06-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Tauricio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering problem

Hi, I am with a problem, I have a FG TM with a Rhino and when the car has the wheels oin the ground, it moves the wheels to slow. What it could be?

Thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 07:16 AM
whizzy

Default RE: Steering problem

on the ground stationary on the monster truck it shouldnt turn much this has to do with the big wheels and a single servo alot of people have 2 rhinos on there steering
Old 06-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Grits

As long as the wheels turn when off the ground and when the truck is moving, there probably is no problem. My 1/8 scale will not turn the wheels while sitting still. Once moving, no problem at all.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:19 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

You need more power. 250 oz isn't enough power tor MT trucks. You need 300 oz or more to move those big tires. WARNING !!!!!! Do not use those those standard size servos with 300 oz or more for large scale steering......[][]
Old 06-02-2007, 08:59 AM
jimbo1890

The multiplex rhino is plenty big enough. Are you using a "Y" harness to bypass the battery power past the receiver and straight to the servo? You can also upgrade your steering linkages to the aluminium ball bearing type or just keep the plastic ones clean and lubricated. You can spend the coin on the modified "tonigawa" (spelling?) servo but I don't think it's needed.

Have you ever driven a car without power steering? They are a pain to reverse park but once you are rolling there's no problem.

I have been running a Rhino for over two years. It's a great servo and still going strong.

HTH. JIMBO.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Tauricio

What is a "Y" harness ? I only have the servo connected to the receiver. Nothing more..
Old 06-02-2007, 10:54 PM
jimbo1890

here's a link : [link=http://secure.robotstore.com/store/product.asp?pid=1044&catid=1608]y harness[/link]

Your local hobby shop should have them[8D]
Old 06-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Tauricio

I think I found my problem, this is what I get when I removed the linkage between the servo and the wheel hub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJSkwn4ZipU

Don't know why this happen