Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Is it true that the trucks from MCD, HPI and FG don't go over 40MPH right out of the box ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Is it true that the trucks from MCD, HPI and FG don't go over 40MPH right out of the box ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 03:00 PM
rafa26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it true that the trucks from MCD, HPI and FG don't go over 40MPH right out of the box ??

I am talking about the:

1) MCD Monster Truck Zenoah 26cc
2) HPI Extreme Baja SS - RTR 26cc
3) FG Big Foot Monster Truck 26cc

For u$1500 and up i tought those trucks were a lot faster.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:15 PM
mike_humphreys

Default RE: Is it true that the trucks from MCD, HPI and FG don't go over 40MPH right out of the box ??

Most of the cars you mention are the base model from the manufacturer with standard engines, pipes and clutches - so they may not do 40+. The racers out there (on road or off road) will almost never run a car straight out of the box, they'll always put in a tuned engine ect.
For off road, speed isn't the be all and end all of the car - it's stability and making sure you can get round the track neater than anyone else but for on road it's a combination speed, tyre choice, the best components that suit you and of hours of practice not only on the track but on set up. You can have the best car in the world (even if it's set up by a world champ) but if that set up isn't suited to you it won't work. A car just set up for straight line speed may be great on a large parking lot but useless on a 1/5 circuit.

IT'S ALL IN THE SET UP (and being a good driver)

Mike

Old 12-08-2007, 03:17 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Is it true that the trucks from MCD, HPI and FG don't go over 40MPH right out of the box ??

ORIGINAL: rafa26

I am talking about the:

1) MCD Monster Truck Zenoah 26cc
2) HPI Extreme Baja SS - RTR 30.5cc
3) FG Big Foot Monster Truck 26cc

For u$1500 and up i tought those trucks were a lot faster.

The HPI BAJA SS doe not come with a 30.5 cc engine I do not know where you got that info from??and it is also a KIT not RTR
Old 12-08-2007, 03:17 PM
rafa26

Thanks Mike, nice comment but anyway, do you have any idea which one of the 3 accelerates faster ?
Thanks.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:22 PM
rafa26

The HPI BAJA SS doe not come with a 30.5 cc engine I do not know where you got that info from??and it is also a KIT not RTR
The HPI for the Baja is here :

http://www.largescalerc.com/HPIBajass305.html

Old 12-08-2007, 03:32 PM
hndaman1

It does not come that way from the factory.....Largescalerc.com is putting that in the kit.. just so you know......the original kit come with a 26cc engine and a HPI tuned pipe.....So I wonder if they send you the HPI pipe ? since you are paying for it? JMO....
Old 12-08-2007, 03:36 PM
rafa26

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

It does not come that way from the factory.....Largescalerc.com is putting that in the kit.. just so you know......the original kit come with a 26cc engine and a HPI tuned pipe.....So I wonder if they send you the HPI pipe ? since you are paying for it? JMO....

Thanks for the input, then i will correct the thread and exchange the 30.5cc by a 26cc.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:40 PM
rafa26

Would be nice to put all those 3 trucks on asphalt road and check the numbers for acelleration, something like 0-35mph and top speed.
That would anwer all my questions.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:44 PM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

Thanks for the input, then i will correct the thread and exchange the 30.5cc by a 26cc.

Here is the proof in the pudding....http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/10610.html
Old 12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
mike_humphreys

Would be nice to put all those 3 trucks on asphalt road and check the numbers for acelleration, something like 0-35mph and top speed.
That would anwer all my questions.

As a test it would be pointless as all three cars are for diffrent uses, but to andswer your question and provided they all have stanard 26cc Zenoah/CY engines then i wouldn't be at all suprised if the HPI won. I think it would probably win in an off road competition too.

Mike
Old 12-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Dave ESPI

Stock mine did 34.
Add a Jetpro V2 it does 51

Not bad for a 35 pound bullet
Old 12-08-2007, 04:17 PM
vtl1180ny

Top speed is all about gearing... If you want to go fast, but a CAR, not a TRUCK... The fun of watching a truck go fast in a straight line wears off real quick...
Old 12-08-2007, 04:40 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I get sick of these threads where people need to know the "top speed". They are all very fast, even out of the box. You hit your ankle with one of these heavy rc's going even 25, you are going to have a very bad bruise or fracture.

If you want 70 mph, go buy a Traxxas Jato. [sm=tired.gif]
Old 12-08-2007, 04:41 PM
rafa26

Traxxas Jato it's not gas! The thread here is about gas only.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:53 PM
hathi
Banned

speed is nothing without control
Old 12-08-2007, 04:56 PM
rafa26

ORIGINAL: hathi

speed is nothing without control

I can be wrong but i think that handling and control will be esier to be adjusted by the manufacturer on a 1:6, 1:5 truck.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
blackrain

doesnt the fg baja do 45mph stock
Old 12-08-2007, 05:15 PM
whizzy

i agree that if u cant handle it then speed is no good to you time and time we get these ridiculous threads asking how fast or which is the fastest and to be perfectly honest it comes down to how much you want to spend for example on a modded/tuned engine,performance pipe and air filter and race clutch and thats before you even look at hydros or disc brakes for stopping power and making the car more stable so it handles better at high speed for example widening kits for front and rear

best thing for you to do is go to your nearest track and watch and learn and then buy
Old 12-08-2007, 05:17 PM
rafa26

ORIGINAL: blackrain

doesnt the fg baja do 45mph stock

Most of the people here said tha 45mph is a lie.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Dave ESPI

ORIGINAL: vtl1180ny

Top speed is all about gearing... If you want to go fast, but a CAR, not a TRUCK... The fun of watching a truck go fast in a straight line wears off real quick...

I donno about that statement....... Watching a huge truck versus a car move that fast draws a lot more attention with my experiences in large scale. Eventualy I have to turn the truck, and it handles nearly just as well at 40 as a car does. It's all about proper set up and handling with throttle and brake management.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:21 PM
blackrain

i personaly wouldnt be happy without a fast setup, but it needs to be on the right vehicle with the best suspention. so far the hpi baja suspention i like the most. My nitros are wicked fast ,well each one of my motors cost $400 plus. I heard, but im not shore if its true that the moddified gas motors you will need to tune more often.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:45 PM
rafa26

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

I donno about that statement....... Watching a huge truck versus a car move that fast draws a lot more attention with my experiences in large scale. Eventualy I have to turn the truck, and it handles nearly just as well at 40 as a car does. It's all about proper set up and handling with throttle and brake management.
Couldn't agree anymore. Bigger=More stability.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:01 PM
T I G

ORIGINAL: csp1971
I get sick of these threads where people need to know the "top speed". They are all very fast, even out of the box. [sm=tired.gif]
Seriously.

Bigger=More stability
Not sure I'd agree with that.

Its all in how the car/truck is set up and the control the driver has.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:55 PM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

Even a stock sportline will out accelerate and out handle a fully modded truck...

I like moderate speed and monster low end torque in a truck... I want my trucks to climb a 90 deg hill!!!! Top speed does nothing for you there...

Sure you can get a nitro to go real fast, but they handle like crap...
Old 12-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Dave ESPI

Even a stock sportline will out accelerate and out handle a fully modded truck...

the FGMT vs SPORTLINE debate....

OK.... My STOCK truck is in there .... somewhere.........

Race ya out ! [8D]

zing! hahhaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.