Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fs racing 4wd?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
lbsickboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fs racing 4wd?

bored you say well why don't you just put it up on the shelf and let it gather dust for a few months and then you can pick up where you left it.
Then you don't have to go out and but a new one lol
Old 04-07-2009, 02:16 PM
speedy.d

the price is awsome! it is almost worth it for the enine alone.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:55 PM
FS*MT*4WD

yea thats super cheap, wish we lived across the pond would pick that up from you no problems!! i wouldnt sell, keep it and rekindle the flame later..
Old 04-07-2009, 03:10 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: kudabee

Just to let you guys know Scott at Fs Racing.com just made a set of all the fasteners up for me for 40$ plus shipping which saved me a bunch of$ buying those pesky screws and bolts it came yesterday and it would of cost me at least 100 with all the packages there was TY Scott they really go out of there way to get anything they can for me
Thank you kudabee I appreciate that, I have been meaning to get one together as I to go through nuts and bolts when I am in a hurry by stripping them out and its always nice to have a big pile of new ones to use right away lol , I sold 8 kits the first day and now I am short a few of the screws until my containers arrive, man I hope China gets back on there feet sometime soon as this as been a 4 month delay with these containers [:@] I told them they better throw some goodies on these containers for me for such a long wait [X(], I should be fully stocked 2 - 3 weeks from the 10th our containers are suppose to be loaded April 10th onto the vessel and start their way across the pond, its usually 2 - 3 weeks to get to our doors here in central WI. Glad to hear the beast you have created mike I would like to see some footage of the bad boy, hopefully soon I will have some footage up of us doing some bashing here in WI, we have some new sub divisions going up and there is some great big sand hill jumps that look sick, my FS MT 2wd took it better then my friends baja 5b, his inner axle clips keep busting and the axle along with the wheels falls off [:@] its always something, I don't care how much you spend on it there is always weak links we should have the baja fixed soon so and hopefully better then stock,I want some good footage of both the FS and Baja I don't think I have had so much fun in RC before lol these 1/5 scale gasser's in my opinion are much funner then the nitros.

Thank You,
Scott
FS Racing USA
Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 AM
asphaltcowboy

Hello, some good news from Germany :

Our RC Car Magazine, called AMT, has printed a test from an FS Carbon Fighter.
4 pages full of information about the FS Buggy.
See picture :

Greetings Maik
Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM
speedy.d

cowboy- very interesting i wish we could get that kind of coverage over here. what differences if any do the "carbon fighters" have with the original fs cars? what was their opinion of it? i have picked up an mt and will be looking for some nice alloy soon.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:04 PM
asphaltcowboy

ORIGINAL: speedy.d

cowboy- very interesting i wish we could get that kind of coverage over here. what differences if any do the "carbon fighters" have with the original fs cars? what was their opinion of it? i have picked up an mt and will be looking for some nice alloy soon.
Hello speedy,

the carbon fighter is 100% an FS 2WD Buggy, it was build by FS specially for Conrad Electronics.
Optional Conrad sells the 4WD kit for the Carbon Fighter - so you have a 4WD car !
The Carbon Fighter has serial steel gears and the same engine like FS car´s.
I think, it was the price of 299 Euro, that many people buy this car.
We have in Germany a Carbon Fighter - "Hype".

This is our Carbon Fighter - Forum with links to all tuning parts :

[link=http://carbonfighter-racer.foren-city.de/forum,16,-carbon-fightertuningteile.html]Carbon Fighter Tuning Parts[/link]

Some people in this Forum build aCarbon Fighter Baja 1000 MT, see this :

[link=http://carbonfighter-racer.foren-city.de/topic,677,-vorstellung-meines-cf-quot-baja1000-quot.html]Selfmade Baja 1000 Carbon Fighter[/link]

and here ist the Video Carbon Fighter original and Carbon Fighter Modified with HPI Baja Tyres and MCD Parts :

[link=http://Carbon Fighter 4WD Video]http://www.nwm-modelboat.de/Videos/CF_Baja1000_2.wmv[/link]

Greetings Maik
Old 04-10-2009, 06:44 PM
speedy.d

thanks cowboy! that is some great info!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 PM
stewtheman

I just bought a 2WD MT and have been having an absolute blast with it! I can't see myself ever touching nitro again. However, I just snapped a couple diff pins today and was wondering if anyone has tried to lock the diff and could post what they used (epoxy, JB Weld, etc.) and whether or not it worked for them. Can anyone help me?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:10 AM
rckiwi

ORIGINAL: stewtheman

I just bought a 2WD MT and have been having an absolute blast with it! I can't see myself ever touching nitro again. However, I just snapped a couple diff pins today and was wondering if anyone has tried to lock the diff and could post what they used (epoxy, JB Weld, etc.) and whether or not it worked for them. Can anyone help me?
Locking the diff will just put more strain on all the rest of the drive components, you would be better to get MCD diff pins and filling diff with 5-7,000wt silicone oil!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:52 AM
stewtheman

I'm still interested in seeing if anyone has locked their rear diff. I've read elsewhere that it can put more stress on the rest of the drive train but I want to know if anyone has found that out first hand with an FS MT and what else became the weak link. MCD makes locked diffs so that would make me think that the idea itself isn't completely flawed and from what I've read the diff seems to be a weak spot on this truck. What's the best way to get the old pins out and replace them?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
lbsickboy

Hi and congrats on your buy
well you want to know if all locked diffs will work yes they do no problem a friend of mine has the pre evo with 3 locked diffs and has no problem's he just uses it for bashing
also has plenty traction. but don't for get its a mcd im not to sure how the fs will react to the three locked diffs but i cant see any problem my self
Old 04-16-2009, 03:39 PM
kudabee
My Feedback: (14)

The locked diffs for mcd that Large scale Carries is thet tend to snap in half as I was going to go that route myself one last time im going to try the mcd diff pins as the last time i took my mt out i snapped all 4 pins off.This makes the 3rd time if it does it again ill have 2 fs mt trucks up 4 sale a roller and a stock unit
Old 04-16-2009, 03:41 PM
FShopups

send your diffs to us we will mod em for free.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:37 PM
sti40z

ORIGINAL: FShopups

send your diffs to us we will mod em for free.
i have a diff with brand new planetary gears, that needs new pins. where do i send too!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 PM
stewtheman

Well, for better or worse, I JB Welded my rear diff yesterday and drove it around for about 30 minutes today. Everything seems fine. I already wasn't impressed with the turning radius and now it's a little worse (obviously) so I was wondering if anyone has done anything to improve their turning radius.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:44 AM
sti40z

have you taken off the steel cups that limit the steering? [located on front hubs]
Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 PM
MonsterKawi314
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, I read from everyone in this forum who mentioned servos, that they were using Hi-tec 5745 servos. I just got one and it's still too small for the steering servo slot. What gives? Who actually knows what servo to use for the steering on the FS Racing 4wd Monster Truck? I'm baffled. Mine was a Hi-tec 5745 MG and like I said it was too small.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:43 PM
stewtheman

sti40z, nice call with the steering limiting cups. I removed them and trimmed the chassis a little and my steering has improved. Thanks for your help.

Now I have a new problem. I've driven it for about five hours now and all of the sudden it just quit tonight. It has never stalled or anything and has always sounded great and started easily but it just quit on me and I can't get it started again. I checked the spark plug and it's igniting when I pull the cord so what should I check next?

MonsterKawi314, the Hitec 5745MG has the right dimensions according to its specs. I checked them against my steering servo and they're the same but I haven't personally installed that model in my truck. Are you absolutely sure you got the right one? Is your servo standard sized like the throttle servo or is it a larger servo but not large enough?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:03 PM
MonsterKawi314

It's definitely much larger than the throttle servo. But not as large as the stock GWS servo for the steering. The servo I just got in is a Hi-Tec HS-5745MG. And I can wiggle it around in the slot where the stock servo was. The servo mount holes don't even come close to the mounting bracket holes on the truck. Is there a different kind of 5745? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be a "HS" or an "MG"? What numbers are on the top of your servo?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM
MonsterKawi314

Here are some pictures for everyone to see for themselves... The first one is of my dirtbike, next to my FS Racing Monster Truck

These are of the stock steering servo of the FS next to the supposed replacement servo, the Hitec HS-5745MG... too small.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:47 PM
jamtin

hi! jamtin here, in response to your question about the use of hitec servos in your fs king kong monster truck is not a problem, but you have to do some modifications to secure the steering hitec servos in the servo slot in the frame of your vehicle. ive got a twin steering servo set up in my fs monster truck, 2 x hitec hs-5745 mg for the steering & a hitec hs-645mg for the throttle/brake. you do not require any modifications for the throttle/brake situation, the servo fits in just fine, just use larger self tapping screws to secure the throttle/brake servo in the frame, as the standard screws are just too small. getting back to the steering situation, i found the hitec hs-5745mg alot smaller than the original fs steering servo. to over come this problem, i went to the local hardware store & purchased one alluminium strip, approx 10mm wide, 2-3mm thick in 1 metre lenght for about $2.00 australian. i then chopped the alluminium strip up to fit the frame, & secured the new alluminium frame & the hitec servos to the plastic frame in the vehicle, using larger self tapping screws. i will enclose some photos to help explain the modification. if you have any further questions , feel free to ask, regards jamtin.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88059.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1182978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58110.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1182979  
Old 04-18-2009, 10:50 PM
MonsterKawi314

Some other pictures for you viewing... I don't really know if I can say pleasure. But the paint I did looks good. I'm ready to kick this truck into the Mississippi River!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:52 PM
MonsterKawi314

Then again... I did roll this thing over a few times here and there. So, I guess the paint actually does look good with that being said. I had to paint the outside of the shell because the stock paint on the body didn't wanna come off.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:10 PM
MonsterKawi314

Stew, place your finger over the spark plug hole and pull the cord to make sure you still have compression. As I've heard bad things about these motors losing compression. If you're good there and you know you're plug is firing then you have a fuel problem. Start simple check and make sure fuel is getting to the carb. Hit me back and lemme know how it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.