Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

broken baja driveshaft alert

Old 03-09-2008, 06:25 PM
da mad maori

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: broken baja driveshaft alert

ive never been on sand either, still broke a shaft... next time you perform maintaince pull your shafts out entirely, pull the boots off, clean off the grease and run your eye down them you will at lease have some sort of twist
i never knew i had broken a pin until i removed the shaft completely and the pin just fell out.

i think running them on a sealed road doesnt help

ryan
Old 03-10-2008, 04:40 AM
Mudgy

wow, man.
I've read this thread, and it's like Days of Our Lives, man!!!
Beer = Food,
Iknow where you're at, champion!
Got a mate who lives in Booral!
Lovely part of the world!
Hope they NEVER dam the Mary River!
Brice , you're a legend, mate
SPL Crazy,
I saw earlier, on other threads, too, HPI said dogbones would twist, so you know they'll need doing at least once
If I was to own one, I'd wrench the P!SS and Pickhandles out of it, too (let's just call it an impact test!)
I've driven one, and had to carry the bugger, too.....Heavy drive shafts/cups would be a piddle in the Ocean to the vehicle's overall weight.
If you bung in a big motor, thrash the guts out of it, or drive in an aggreessive environment, the "Tradie" in you would know "something's gonna bust", yeh?
the engineer in you would say (as they say in German) "Vee haf a Solution!!"
The businessman in you would ask "How much?"
The frustrated owners (who I'm sure exist) would say
"How soon?"
Sorry to ramble,
just my 2c

Also, da mad maori, you are right
you mention "when doing maintenance"
This always is necessary to see problems potentially occuring, but at the same time the dudes who busted heaps at the dunes did so on a single run.
There's gotta be something that takes a torsional punishment but yet has a cheap weak point like just pins?
That to me seems the cheapest, longest lasting solution?

cheers

Old 03-10-2008, 05:17 AM
da mad maori

days of our lives??? can i be the one who sleeps with everyone and ends up in a coma to avoid the consequencers only to emerge later with no recolection of what happened???? hehe

the chaps running at the dunes i would imagine have 6000HP engines with 52,000 ft/lbs of torque (figures maybe exaggerated but you get the pic) in which case its no longer a toy and they'ld expect it often

yer the bones on page one have replacible pins ill go them next

Ryan
Old 03-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Mudgy

yeh not only that mate but the wedding is off because Wayne's unknown about evil twin brother is the one who pulled off the kidnapping and ransom note....
thank Christ for a Writer's strike!!!LOL

you're right, mate.
If a part breaks, or can't handle what you've just upgraded to, needs attention. Wow, I never tought I'd see so much action on one idea.

But, then again, all it takes is ONE idea

ANZACS love pushing those boundaries!!!