Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Stolen 4x4 Prototype Baja!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 01:45 AM
beer=food
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen 4x4 Prototype Baja!!!

Its an awsome job you have done too, real pity, theres so many total *****s in the world, hope you recover this thing, in a useable state.
l vote one for it being a sticky for a while. +1.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

I vote one for it being a sticky for a while. +1.
You know people generally don't look at stickies right?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:18 AM
nothinbetr2do

that's a darn shame, i hope you get it back. people like this should be shot. if that started to happen, i bet there would be alot less stealing. good luck with your recovery efforts. if i see anything, i'll let you know
Old 03-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: Lunar Wolf

I vote one for it being a sticky for a while. +1.
You know people generally don't look at stickies right?
This one seems to have garnered quite a few hits in a short period of time, and I hope that helps.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:03 AM
wan6176

this fellow arent stupid selling to other ppl or shop the might as well keep on shelf queen or play behing their house or sell to other countries by means of their friends..i dun tink u gonna get back...
Old 03-15-2008, 03:33 AM
brianbear62

[>:]If we see it and the thieves down in Australia we will render them unconsious THEN ring for the cops to pick up the idiots who saw fit to attempt to slow the development of our hobby!! Seriously that thing is still one of the best custom jobs I've seen, I know it hurts but build another as soon as possible while the technical details are still fresh
Old 03-15-2008, 04:00 AM
Mick.C.

ORIGINAL: brianbear62

[>:]If we see it and the thieves down in Australia we will render them unconsious THEN ring for the cops to pick up the idiots who saw fit to attempt to slow the development of our hobby!! Seriously that thing is still one of the best custom jobs I've seen, I know it hurts but build another as soon as possible while the technical details are still fresh
that would be with a drill in the knee caps Bear?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:16 AM
splcrazy

just make another one and then you can call it a SERIES TWO , the new improved version . if that thing cost $10,000 why did you leave it unatended ? if that were mine id be carting that thing around on a trolly and chain everywhere i went
Old 03-16-2008, 09:59 PM
beer=food
Banned

This might sound stupid, but have you considered using a match box sized GPS tracker device, built into the chassis somewhere it could prevent this type of theft everyday, very easily fitted to such a huge RC, maybe consider this type of thing in future if you building such an expensice beast, they can run for months on one battery, sort of like the boaties emergency beacon, there used in the wild to track animals a well but there much bigger, just a thought for your next one, get a matchbox size tracker device, so if it is stolen, at least you can recover it.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:08 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: beer=food

This might sound stupid, but have you considered using a match box sized GPS tracker device, built into the chassis somewhere it could prevent this type of theft everyday, very easily fitted to such a huge RC, maybe consider this type of thing in future if you building such an expensice beast, they can run for months on one battery, sort of like the boaties emergency beacon, there used in the wild to track animals a well but there much bigger, just a thought for your next one, get a matchbox size tracker device, so if it is stolen, at least you can recover it.
man thats an excellent idea if that were mine i would put one of those trackers in it and when it got stolen , id track them down with a shotgun and blast their snatchy stealing fingers right off
Old 03-17-2008, 11:27 AM
brice_arnold
My Feedback: (6)

That is a good idea. I didn't even realize they had products like this.

http://www.zoombak.com/?utm_source=g...=Conv_Products
Old 03-19-2008, 03:17 PM
warheadforever

Oh,, man I am so sorry to hear that....It must be absolute torture having some thing like that stolen.......But I am sure that it is not the loss of money that is the hardest to deal with, I am sure it's the loss of an incredible peace of art, that you put so much time, work, effort,,,,,and most of all pride, into... I am truly sorry to hear this, I will keep an eye out for you on all the sites I visit.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:43 PM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

Oh,, man I am so sorry to hear that....It must be absolute torture having some thing like that stolen.......But I am sure that it is not the loss of money that is the hardest to deal with, I am sure it's the loss of an incredible peace of art, that you put so much time, work, effort,,,,,and most of all pride, into... I am truly sorry to hear this, I will keep an eye out for you on all the sites I visit.

People that do things like that should be taken out and shot multiple times in the groin, just like the rest of the criminals out there!

Please tell me if this is maybe a bit over the edge,,,, or if you agree with me.
Ya, bit over the egde...I'm not saying this is the case and that it's right to steal..But the person who "might" have stole it could be very poor and in need of some money, Not somebody that has a hard-up drug problem,...Someone who actually "needs" its..Like I said, its still not right to steal but thats a bit over doing it, Let the law handle it...And if your that silly to leave something like that in the seat of a car UNLOCKED..then..ya..

Anyone would be up-set about it I agree, I know, I would be furious! And would want to see him in the electric chair, but you have to think rational here.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:48 PM
warheadforever

I guess you do have a point.
Hope you don't mind me changing it.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:54 PM
warheadforever

Old 03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
zeen420
Banned

But the best thing was to get this information posted asap on a highly visited forum, like RCU, And they were nice enough to make it a sticky for you as well! You have tons of people looking out for it now, And the funny thing is, The person who probably stole it is reading this forum right now trying to find out what he has!....
Old 03-20-2008, 04:40 PM
beer=food
Banned

ORIGINAL: zeen420

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

People that do things like that should be taken out and shot multiple times in the groin, just like the rest of the criminals out there!

Please tell me if this is maybe a bit over the edge,,,, or if you agree with me.
Ya, bit over the egde...I'm not saying this is the case and that it's right to steal..But the person who "might" have stole it could be very poor and in need of some money, Not somebody that has a hard-up drug problem,...Someone who actually "needs" its..Like I said, its still not right to steal but thats a bit over doing it, Let the law handle it...And if your that silly to leave something like that in the seat of a car UNLOCKED..then..ya..

Anyone would be up-set about it I agree, I know, I would be furious! And would want to see him in the electric chair, but you have to think rational here.
Lets do the odds on that rationisation shall we, the odds of a poor person at his work place stealing HARDWARE over FOOD or MONEY, worse ,hardware that has bugger all second hand value, especially incomplete, lm sorry l see your point just dont think it applies here at all, and the turd that stole this thing didnt steal it for food, or to survive in any way at all, he did it out of greed, one can figure that pretty fast, when theres so much and many more things in society to steal at much higher value, just what are the numbers on genuine homeless people with food issues, and numbers of drugos that steal, you tell me you actually believe the biggest minority is responsible just the hungry ones, , there an easy target for blame l guess, but in reality, you just know someone is making a small profit from it, and not for food. Drugos when they run out of money dont usually steal something to get food, they steal to sell for drugs when they want food the go to church groups or other community free services, so a drugo probly stole it, hell they'd sell the food given them if given half a chance, or someone in the hobby stole it, the most logical, it was an out right scumbag that stole this thing, not a homeless person of any description, just a greedy low life.

l agree dont leave it unlocked, but humans, mate, make mistakes, should a small mistake cost ''you'' as much, lets say everytime you make it ? Sound just ?
People should have the RESPECT to not touch what is not theres, thats alot more so here l think than in the US, australia, founded by crims LOL, is a better place to not have stuff stolen hahaha, but with 20 million compared to about 280 million thats an easy comment to make ! LOL crims down under dont steal hahaha musta evolved ! Or is it de-volved !
Old 03-20-2008, 04:51 PM
brice_arnold

A couple of clarifications on the situation.

1. Who ever stole it drove of in a brand new Black Mazda 3 with no plates. I don't think they were hurting for money. Even if they were starving and in dire need.....stealing is still wrong and this does not make it acceptable. If your hungry then you steal food. You don't steal something so you can find someone to buy it off you and then go buy food. There is no logic in this. It was probably just some little spoiled ass-wipe that couldn't get mommy and daddy to buy him a new toy.

2. This wasn't left in an unlocked vehicle is was in a pit area that we had cordoned off during the day for bashing. It was stolen towards the end of the day after one of the trucks that was blocking off the area had left, leaving a window of opportunity. There were people supervising the gear but I guess eyes were on the bashing at the time and not on the gear. Who ever took it, took the biggest shiniest thing they could get their hands on. There were three or four other 1/5 cars including my two-speed baja, an MCD 1000, and the Dark Soul Orange Baja within a couple of feet of the truck There were also a couple of tool boxes around. They could have just as easily picked anyone of those things to steal but they choose the truck.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:29 AM
splcrazy

yep its someone definatly from this forum and i bet my money that they are reading this now , yeah that sucks but i bet 100% that it was organised and was someone from within supervising the pit areas and a simple text message from a mobile phone to move in sounds like it definatly , if i were you id track down the guys supervising the pit areas and spy on them
Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some of these comments are really not funny. Everyone and their "reasoning" for stealing is absolutely asinine.

I feel for Brice. I've had stuff of mine stolen before. There isn't a darn thing funny about it. Suggesting what people "should have done" after the fact isn't a help, it's a major annoyance in my book. It comes down to this....if you don't have anything nice to say....and from what sounds like a lot of you have never heard this......don't say anything at all.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:42 AM
wave waker

if u catch the thief, tie him/her flat to the ground and use as a ramp for the 1/5 scale,,,just to teach a lesson how it feels....
Old 03-23-2008, 04:07 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: brice_arnold

A couple of clarifications on the situation.

1. Who ever stole it drove of in a brand new Black Mazda 3 with no plates. I don't think they were hurting for money. Even if they were starving and in dire need.....stealing is still wrong and this does not make it acceptable. If your hungry then you steal food. You don't steal something so you can find someone to buy it off you and then go buy food. There is no logic in this. It was probably just some little spoiled ass-wipe that couldn't get mommy and daddy to buy him a new toy.

2. This wasn't left in an unlocked vehicle is was in a pit area that we had cordoned off during the day for bashing. It was stolen towards the end of the day after one of the trucks that was blocking off the area had left, leaving a window of opportunity. There were people supervising the gear but I guess eyes were on the bashing at the time and not on the gear. Who ever took it, took the biggest shiniest thing they could get their hands on. There were three or four other 1/5 cars including my two-speed baja, an MCD 1000, and the Dark Soul Orange Baja within a couple of feet of the truck There were also a couple of tool boxes around. They could have just as easily picked anyone of those things to steal but they choose the truck.
No offense Brice, but if someone saw this Mazda drive away with your rc why didn't they go after them? I'd be a little pissed off at that person who saw them drive away with it....I'd say you are probably right about some spoiled ass kid taking it....Try driving around that area...heck do block by block if you have to and look for that Mazda, maybe you'll find it...maybe offer a reward for it too and post reward poster around schools, cause if it was some little punk he bragged and showed it off to his friends and for cash they'll rat him out.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Homeowners insurance will cover that, have you made a claim?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:28 PM
brice_arnold

Badz:

I live in the bay area CA with 7.2 million people and over a hundred cities nestled together all within a 60 mile radius. In otherwords, too many places to just go looking block by block. We were bashing on a populated beach. The witness was someone watching that bashing and was on foot. The thiefs were gone literally within seconds. All I can do is hope to see this turn up somewhere.

1/4 scale:

I looks like they might cover it and a claim is in progress but that doesn't do much for the custom parts and it will never get the car back. No worries though I have already started designing the next revision. This time it will be a little more race worthy. I'm starting from scratch. Going for a true truggy style 1/5 scale with long travel suspension and what not.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
beer=food
Banned

Good luck to you, and get a sat tracker LOL for the next one and stash it in the chassis, hehehe !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.