Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Stolen 4x4 Prototype Baja!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 05:17 PM
brice_arnold
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen 4x4 Prototype Baja!!!

Moderators: can you sticky this for a little while?

So we were keeping this under wraps hoping that someone would show up on the forums looking for help. There hasn't been any activity so I will go ahead and post it. A couple of weeks ago on February 24th (Sunday) there was a large group of us bashing at Ocean Beach in San Francisco, CA. Around 3:00 PM someone walked into our work area and stole my 4x4 prototype baja. The car that they drove off in didn't have any plates and the witnesses were not able to get a good look at the person. At the time of the theft the baja was missing a custom telescopic rear drive-shaft and the front wheel was loose. Essentially the car was in a non-driving condition. Who ever stole it, or by now has bought it, will not be able to get parts for it and will probably go looking for help. I expect that this car will either be parted out or sold at a pawn shop, hobby shop, on ebay or through craigslist. We have been keeping an eye on these venues but nothing has popped up. The vehicle has an estimated value of $10,000 including an $1100 custom blue TS motor. If you guys hear or see anything or someone trying to sell parts that look like they might have come from this car please let me know.

Thanks

This was a photo taken about an hour before it was stolen. Thanks for keeping an open eye.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 AM
Mudgy

Default RE: Stolen 4x4 Prototype Baja!!!

Wow, man. Sorry to hear that, Brice. Who ever nicked it is obviously a fool, so if something like that shows up, alarm bells would ring. Is ebay able to monitor a new listing like this if you provided information?
Or is that too hard for ebay?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Sorry for your loss, absolutly blows that someone one would just go and do that, worse still into the middle of a pit area and go unchallenged by anyone there.

For what its worth I'll keep and eye out when i'm looking through forums like this and ebay. Hope you get the anvil back.

edit: I'll also copy your post into a few more forums, hopefully someone will see something sooner or later.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:21 AM
sheograth

Aw man that really blows, I'm pretty active on the internet and I'll let you know if I see anything at all.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

Certainly lookin out for ya bud. Anything shows up, you'll know. Sucks too cause that thing is so nice, and so much work.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Vette09

Sorry to hear it. I was watching the build from the beginning, very nice. You can't put a dollar value on something custom like that.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Gasboatman

I really hate to here about this stuff, and sorry that someone did that to you. I will keep a eye on ebay for you
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Brice, i'm sorry for your loss, really sucks to have something you worked tirelessly on just get lifted by some scumball theif. I've reposted the information on several other forums i'm a member at, its not much but i hope it will help.

Whenever i saw your custom 4x4 'The Anvil' came to mind, figured it was a good name considering you custom forged it from pretty much nothing, it has an imposing look about it and since metal work is your trade, seemed to fit. If thats not cool, just let me know.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
sheograth

Its rumored to weigh as much as one too

sorry brice, I had to.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 PM
dimag093

I'm so sorry to hear that.All that effort....[&o]
Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
HaveBlue

I hope you guys catch this anual dude that just waltz'd in stole that beautiful work of art, although I must admit, I dont know what I shocked more by, how the dude just walked into the pits and took it, or the $10,000 price tag...crikey!!!!
Not having plates ..well thats seems obviously a planned out deal..will kepp an out out to for anything that remotely resembles the parts/buggy
again I hope you guys catch up with him
Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM
looker2756

Pretty stupid to steal a one of a kind ! Obviously Idiots at work here. Hopefully it shows up somewhere. We'll be watching ....
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Dave ESPI

Sux man, but chances are you were profiled and targeted. People don't just walk in and grab random stuff like that.

You must have P-Oed someone (or a group of them) and they got revenge...

My bet... its sitting at the bottom of a river crossing near a bridge.

Hope I'm wrong

atleast you can always make another... it isn't like a kidnapped child (sort of)
Old 03-12-2008, 07:32 PM
AngelShark

I'm pretty good at the game Clue, and I say it was the wife eliminating the competition. By the looks of it that thing had a lot of love.

Sorry to see someone thought they were entitled to a five finger discount! hope that knuckle head gets caught. ( And I mean the real thief )

Hope to see future work from you.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
1troy7
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about it. I will keep a lookout on the net as well.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Mz

you should print out those pictures and fax them to hobby shops in the area. that way if the guy goes into one of them with the car, the guys at the hobby shop will know that its yours.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Bratch96

That thing can't hide forever. Have you considered a cash reward no questions asked? It's a shame, it's in the same direction as kidnapping a child. The thief might not even know what it is exactly.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:25 AM
rhylsadar

really bad news. hopefully it shows up again.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM
RCUSEE

[] thats sad, this was/is one of the baddest 1/5 period

hope youll get it back
Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Q.S.

ORIGINAL: brice_arnold

Moderators: can you sticky this for a little while?

So we were keeping this under wraps hoping that someone would show up on the forums looking for help. There hasn't been any activity so I will go ahead and post it. A couple of weeks ago on February 24th (Sunday) there was a large group of us bashing at Ocean Beach in San Francisco, CA. Around 3:00 PM someone walked into our work area and stole my 4x4 prototype baja. The car that they drove off in didn't have any plates and the witnesses were not able to get a good look at the person. At the time of the theft the baja was missing a custom telescopic rear drive-shaft and the front wheel was loose. Essentially the car was in a non-driving condition. Who ever stole it, or by now has bought it, will not be able to get parts for it and will probably go looking for help. I expect that this car will either be parted out or sold at a pawn shop, hobby shop, on ebay or through craigslist. We have been keeping an eye on these venues but nothing has popped up. The vehicle has an estimated value of $10,000 including an $1100 custom blue TS motor. If you guys hear or see anything or someone trying to sell parts that look like they might have come from this car please let me know.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that Brice,

I take it you did file a report with you local law inforcement agency? If so, you may be able to have them investegate this, They can contact any local business that may have a
Survalence security system, that may still have that recorded tape/hard drive, Perhaps someone out there has some footage of that car and the occupants, Another way to investegate this to run a snap shot back up of google earth PRO, and see if you can locate that vehicle then track the direction of travel,,, This is also something your local law inforcement can do as well,,

I'm not sure but i would amagine that there is a live web cam on that beach also, if soo just locate the broadcasting service and inform them of your conditions, and they should also have that recorded on there local hard drive,,

Gotta love technology,, someone out there has some images of that car and the occupants, If you can locate the car using google earth pro you should be able to zoom it enough to make out the vin number located on the dash,,, Then you can run the number through the DMV and locate the owner.

( Just my two cents worth brice, )

Good Luck!!
Floyd
Old 03-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Foxy

Google earth is not 'live', or at least it wasn't a year ago, the last time I looked. Some of the images are over 2 years old. The google earth image of my district is missing a newly constructed INTERSTATE!! lol.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Anomie

Wow, that's tough to take. I don't know how I'd feel if my truck disappeared, probably angry to no end and very hurt. I don't have so much cash in it, but hundreds of hours over several years.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Brice, and I'll also keep an eye out every way but Sunday.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Q.S.

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Google earth is not 'live', or at least it wasn't a year ago, the last time I looked. Some of the images are over 2 years old. The google earth image of my district is missing a newly constructed INTERSTATE!! lol.

Foxy. I didnt state that google earth was live, I stated they have snap shots that can be backed up to view, At least the PRO does!! I quess it depends on your location as well, ours is very accurate/updated around here, I can view my home and watch the mail being delivered, within 20 min after it accutaly was, Again I do have the PRO though that may be why,
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 PM
phenix_racing

awww man i really feel ya there. if someone would of taken mine i would of flipped. especially you made that with time and money.

i too will look out for ya
Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
sheograth

Yeah I cant even imagine how it feels. I'd freak out if someone stole anything I've put that much money into. But all that money AND the personal investment and pride is really too much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.