Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

A local place to run my Baja B5

Old 03-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Nitro Fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A local place to run my Baja B5

After I get my HPI Baja B5 SS built and ready to run I have this nearby spot to to run it at. It's walking distance from my house. I live in a regular subdivision, not in the country. As I was exploring around on my mountain bike I rode over to an area that was past the new construction. I mean there are still a paved streets that has no houses built yet. But beyond that is this large area of dirt and weeds and some debris that is a perfect spot to bash my Baja B5. Its even "terraced" so that I have an elevated area to stand and have like a "driver's stand" to look down from depending on where I want to drive/run it from. So here are a few pictures of this place. So what do you think of my spot? It's far enough away from the houses so I won't disturb anyone with the noise espacially if I run it in the lower level area. Dirt bikes or ATVs don't don't even run through here. I will have it all to myself.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 PM
DIABLOTAC78

Default RE: A local place to run my Baja B5

wow a nice place to bash. co one will complain, many jumps, dirty, and its a huge place
Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Osirisf16

HUGE [X(][X(][X(] Everyone in my country would jealous have this place for bashing. Oh my God.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

No picture of the car = fail.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Nitro Fumes

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

I haven't got the car yet. I just ordered it and it is back ordered. But when the car is done there will be pictures to follow.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:52 PM
deviltrigger529

I just drive around and find any construction site and go on the weekend when they arent there, sooooooo much fun. The last place I found it seemed like they made it just for me and my truck. I stayed and drove around right where I parked for the majority of my run cuz it was so perfect.

I actually have a video of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlFOba9w_Gk
Old 03-30-2008, 04:15 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Damn that is a nice place.....I love that color in the soil also.....
Old 03-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: Nitro Fumes

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

I haven't got the car yet. I just ordered it and it is back ordered. But when the car is done there will be pictures to follow.
Oh ok, i hate that feeling, waiting for something cool to arrive [sm=drowning.gif]
Old 03-30-2008, 05:59 PM
reaganreagan
My Feedback: (25)

I would make plenty use out of that before the other guys start showing up.

r2
Old 03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Nitro Fumes

Dr. ArmoMaxx; Yeah, I look forward to it. Building it will be fun. Right now I only have one other R/C car. A Losi XXX-NT AD2 which I use strictly for racing for the last 2 years. So I may work on it in between races. Plus it look like it will take a week or so to build and set up properly. I downloaded the instructions from HPI and looked them over. Excellent instructions. All tools are provided except for stuff like pliers. Even specialty tools are provided. Plus I'm no beginner in this hobby. I originally got into it in 1983 racing an Associated RC 500. I was out of the hobby for about 14 yrs and got back in two years ago, but not as deep as I was back in the 80's.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
[email protected]

hey someone else in GA
but man thats a nice spot.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Nitro Fumes

ORIGINAL: reaganreagan

I would make plenty use out of that before the other guys start showing up.

r2
I don't think I'll have to worry about anyone else showing up. Nobody around here probably even knows about the place because its in the subdivision I live in. Although there is a dirt road that connects to the main road outside the community. But no one would have a reason to use it. Besides its probably been around for a few years already. The funny thing is that last year I was considering getting the HPI Baja B5 RTR (no kit yet). I was still in an apartment and don't know the ins and outs of this town as I've only been here 2-1/2 yrs now. So I was looking for potential places to be able to run the Baja and really didn't find much. But I saw this community and cruised into it not actually looking with the community for a place to run. But I was thinking that this would be a nice place to own a house even though I wasn't house hunting yet. So some 8 months later I was house hunting and went back there. I wound up getting a house there. At this point I still hadn't discovered that place to bash yet. And of course I had to get busy with moving and unpacking and settling in, etc. Plus then I spent some $$ on a 50" Plasma HDTV because my old big screen TV decided to give me trouble a week before moving. And I saved $560 on the new TV with a sale price and a 10% coupon on top of that so I didn't want to pass that deal up. So winter sets in and there are some warm days and I ride my mountain bike around the neighborhood one day and into this area past the construction. And I see the best place I could possibly find to run the Baja and its walking distance from my house. At that point I still hadn't considered buying the Baja. But a couple of weeks ago when my friend handed me down his RC Drivers I saw the ad and article about the SS kit. So I decided I was getting it especially because I prefer a kit and its got all the premium parts. So that's the story.