Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

08 FGs

Old 04-02-2008, 05:16 AM
hellya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 FGs

looks like new gas tanks and lids on the new FGs

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10765.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	919846  
Old 04-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Foxy

Default RE: 08 FGs

Yeh, about the 08 stuff, here's something a little weird... I was in my LHS yesterday afternoon picking up what I expected would be a white MB Pro body shell. I was forced to order white, as my LHS had been advised by his contact, that there were no more beetle bodies being made and that the warehouse only had a very few white and red ones left. So I took a white, no problem, my beetle project involves a certain historical 'off'-white beetle anyway.

Anyway, as I say, in there yesterday, and sitting in pride of place in the middle of the shop window, is an 08 FG MB Pro with a clear bodyshell on it, and some minor differences in the plastic parts, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what, as I didn't have my own with me for comparison.

Strange, I thought, since I keep hearing that Beetle products have been vetoed by Volkswagen, and will be discontinued.

Imagine my surprise then, when my LHS guy pulls out ANOTHER clear beetle body for me. I said 'I thought it would be white, not that I'm unhappy, this is even better!', and he said 'Yeh, the order was for a white one, but it came clear.' Go figure.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:34 PM
AngelShark

Yes the beetles were discontinued for a few month's due to licensing issues, FG has ironed out this problem and the beetles are now available once again.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:31 PM
jackle

Nice, I take it that is good news for my monster beetle? Can I now get a new monster beetle body?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 PM
hellya

theres a clear one on ebay look under FG monster
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Man I am so stroked about the 4WD FG Baja
Old 04-02-2008, 02:22 PM
jackle

ORIGINAL: hellya

Yea, i've been watching it actually. Good chance it is going to go over retail. I do not like paying over retail.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:18 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

I picked up a Sportline a few weeks ago and noticed that the tank looked nothing like the pics but I didnt complain because its actually easier to fill. Last week was when I found out that the new models all come out with that same tank. Does anyone know if there are any other differences between the 08 and the older ones?
Old 04-03-2008, 03:03 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: jackle

ORIGINAL: hellya

Yea, i've been watching it actually. Good chance it is going to go over retail. I do not like paying over retail.
Yeh, that's because most people are still under the impression that they are rare. I'm really surprised that Angelsharks announcement above was the first I had heard about the issues with VW being resolved. It's certainly not common knowledge as far as I know. Word will spread quickly now though, I'm sure.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:51 AM
hellya

Did you ever wonder if it was all to create a want for VW....

Why did they have problems with theVW bug.... but no problem with the VW Race Touareg ??? I never heard anything do you??

They even have the new body out for the VW

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11018.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	920512  
Old 04-03-2008, 07:29 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Fg does not make the Toureg. The whole volkswagon issue came about because one of the dealers started advertising the Monster Beetle as Volkswagon and they caught on. Carson makes the toureg body and probably got the licensing for it. It may not be too bid of a deal for them because they have no one distributing them in the US. FG does have distributors in the US and the licensing issue was only in the US
Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Foxy

That touareg is sweet. I've never been a big fan of Dakar trucks, but that is a very good looking body. I'd love a 4wd one, I wonder how it would fit on a racerunner or an FS.