Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

DDM Billet Head Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:02 PM
irenaslavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM Billet Head Kit

I got DDM 29cc Billet Head Kit to rebuild my CY 29cc Head engine but I'm thinking to use it with Zenoah 26cc and my questions is:
1- should I replace crank came with kit or I can use Zenoah standard crank and replace piston and cylinder head only. I'm asking because replacing crank is not easy.
2- I can't find mark on the piston guide me to right direction of installing the piston. Is CY is different that Zenoah.
3- Can I use Zenoah stock carburetor with CY 29cc engine.

Please I need help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70556.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1041361  
Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 PM
irenaslavo

Default RE: DDM Billet Head Kit

please I need help. No one in USA can give me advise?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:44 AM
kidd

1. yes, no
2. there's got to be something marking the exhaust side of the piston.
3. yes
you might as well put the crank in, just to say you did it.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:22 AM
irenaslavo

Thanks Kidd very much but please tell me what you mean by ( 1. Yes, No) . I don't know what is better with this kit, rebuild Zenoah 26cc or CY 29cc? Please advise .
Old 09-28-2008, 02:28 PM
kidd

1 1- "should I replace crank came with kit". (yes)
"or I can use Zenoah standard crank and replace piston and cylinder head only". (no)
if you had a spare engine you'd be better off than with just one. you could have two running engines right?
Old 09-28-2008, 04:44 PM
irenaslavo

Thanks Kidd for your advise. The 2 engine I have( Zenoah 26cc and CY 29 head engine) are not running and both needs piston, ring and cylinder head.
I don't know if it is better to install new kit in Zenoah engine or repair CY 29cc engine and keep crank as spare for it.

ANOTHER question please…. If I will use Zenoah Carburetor with CY engine what is the needle setting ? I use to set H needle 1and 1/2 for H. and 1 and 1/4 for low. Shall I keep this setting ?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
kidd

you'll need to do some reading about tuning. this forum has many peoples succeses and failures.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: irenaslavo

I got DDM 29cc Billet Head Kit to rebuild my CY 29cc Head engine but I'm thinking to use it with Zenoah 26cc and my questions is:
1- should I replace crank came with kit or I can use Zenoah standard crank and replace piston and cylinder head only. I'm asking because replacing crank is not easy.
2- I can't find mark on the piston guide me to right direction of installing the piston. Is CY is different that Zenoah.
3- Can I use Zenoah stock carburetor with CY 29cc engine.

Please I need help.
Yes use all the parts that came with the head kit on the engine you wish to make 29cc. You can use stock carb settings also and the stock carb should be fine with that kit. The 29cc's comes from the kits cylinder displacement taking the engine to 27ccs and then a stroked +2mm crank bringing you into the 29cc's. So yes you must use the included crankshaft.