Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja 5T review

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 PM
TurtleRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baja 5T review

Hey Ted, Where's my High Performance Shelf review?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
victory-rc

yes,it sure is balanced front to rear,I think they balanced it out very nice.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 PM
DarkSoul Racing

I'm working on it, but this sort of thing is very technical, and I would be doing my high performance shelf system an injustice by not covering all aspects of it.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
NitroNube

Does anyone have any sugestions for replacement rear tires? The stock rear tires suck on loose dirt. By the way the 5t is an awesome truck.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
FastEddy
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

I'm working on it, but this sort of thing is very technical, and I would be doing my high performance shelf system an injustice by not covering all aspects of it.
Will it be reviewed stock or with the upgraded screws you used to bolt it to the wall?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: FastEddy

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

Will it be reviewed stock or with the upgraded screws you used to bolt it to the wall?
Well I did install some upgraded caster wheels on it, I know it is no longer "stock", but it just sits there really, I only move it a couple inches from time to time, I suppose I could find the stock caster wheels for it as to not effect the "stock" test.

As for upgraded wheels, well, you could run any of the Baja buggy wheels, but they are about a 1/2 inch shorter, so it will look a little odd. I know HPI is working on new truck specific paddles for it, and Hostile Hobbies is suppose to have some new "T" tires in the new year.

Give the aftermarket guys a little time and I am sure they will be all over it. Actually, Proline has some that are suppose to be out in the next few weeks, but I am unsure if they are as tall as the HPI tires.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:26 PM
splcrazy

well will the 5T rims fit onto the 5B , is the hex the same size , i would like taller and wider tires for my 5B's
Old 11-04-2008, 12:16 AM
DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

well will the 5T rims fit onto the 5B , is the hex the same size , i would like taller and wider tires for my 5B's
They do fit right on, but I actually think they look a little goofy on the Baja, but maybe thats because I am so used to the way it looks now.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:13 AM
stroyick

And the big question.... Is it worth the money? Or will I be better off sticking with nitro?

Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, just a quick reminder to check the dates on a thread you searched for before posting. This one was last posted in nearly 5 years ago. If you're considering converting from nitro, go ahead and make a new topic, there are many here who will weigh in, but you'll find the overwhelming majority will say its a no brainer. If you have sufficient budget available to buy and maintain a large scale car, as well as a place to run it (large scale needs a lot of space to be fun and makes a LOT more noise than nitro), there are really only advantages.

Locking...