Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

how long did it take to give up nitro

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

how long did it take to give up nitro

Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Mr Terminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how long did it take to give up nitro

Its more about the hobby as a whole for me,I love all aspects of RC and if I see a model I like or am interested in,then i'll buy it.I've just bought another HBX VRX-2 Pro 1/8th buggy for a bargain price and love the Go .21 engines they come equiped with.I can honestly say that i'll never give up nitro,the least used power source I use is electric....
Old 11-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Mudgy

Dude, I will never get rid of my nitro on road cars (or boats)...all you need is a set of ears on your head that work, and tuning is EASY.
Gasoline engines may be easy to keep a steady tune, but look at the downside of larger sacle cars......
1. lots of bench space needed
2. if you transport them to a venue/track, you'll need a car with a big boot/trunk
3. cost, cost, cost.......
4. availability of decent spares (crash parts)...

I've seen a lot of posts saying how cheap big cars are to run, but the capital expenditure is ridiculous compared to 1/10, and 1/8 nitro stuff.
How you can say it's cheaper to do is beyond comprehension.

just my 2c, whatever floats yer boat

RC is the most fun you can have, with your pants on
Old 11-15-2008, 11:34 AM
mooman007uk

I don't regret selling my nitros whatsoever, they were fun at the time but gassers are on a whole different level.
Got rid of them in March and my field box still smells of nitro (which is ok cos I do love the smell of the stuff[sm=bananahead.gif])
I don't miss the 40lb worth of gear I had to haul around either, now I can just throw my fg with a full tank in the back of my truck and go somewhere and run for 40mins....bliss
Old 11-16-2008, 06:02 PM
TurtleRacing

Took me my first tank of gas through the Baja, nitros sold!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still somewhat into nitros, it's nice to have the feel of a real engine but in a smaller vehicle sometimes. My 1/5s are too big to run in my neighborhood, so I still hang onto nitros.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:12 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Well, I hate to say it, but when I get into gas 5th scale full speed, I will proably sell of my nitros and only keep a couple of them, they would more or less become shelf queens and my daily RC bashing will be focused on gas.

I will remain in nitros, not as a driver, but pretty much only as a pitman for my racer friends.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
elven wizard

Years ago back when I first got into gas I thought WOW neat. Then after time all these new releases of Nitro monster trucks came out,[X(] then brushless started getting popular. So now I juggle between all 3. Sometimes I run Nitro, sometimes gas and sometimes electric.