Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

NEW ENGINE IDEA!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:18 PM
looker2756

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW ENGINE IDEA!

Now you start talking chain saws & it's a different ball game than a weed wacker / whatever you call them in your area. Making the mods to install one would be interesting, but you could always build a custom fun thing like one of these.

These things will pull over 275 lbs. in a sled like this

Old 12-18-2008, 08:30 PM
drewcrew6

Those are awesome. What hp ,torque and rpm do they make?
Also what are those rim/tire combos. Any links and sizes?

Drewcrew6
Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
looker2756

I wish I could give you numbers, but I don't know for sure. The rims & tires on ithe JD are from a roto tiller. The 2 engine mod has Jumbo kongs on hand made wheels. The JD has a 50cc in it, the unlimited classes have a length & weight limit. These are the ones with mulit engines. The sigle engined ones I belive have a around a 35cc limit & weight limit. These guys are very serious about what they do. Check some of the videos, you can hear some run Very well. Some are also alcohol burners.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/rcpullingtractors/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXusS...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PVNi...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tjLe...eature=channel
Old 12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
SAVAGEJIM

The alchy burners sound so much like the top fuel funny cars!

Watching alot of those pullers, I say most of those had teh power to pull to teh end, it's just having teh trigger skill to getting to the ight RPM range of teh engine in question to plant that torque to the dirt.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:40 PM
looker2756

This one is from a different event, it was the season finals . The truck was very neat looking & also ran very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsf4y...e=channel_page
Old 12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Very nice! Are those engines RC gasser engiens or are they modded engines from other items (like chain saws and such)?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:49 AM
splcrazy

thats the craziest thing ive seen , just when you think you've seen it all pics like these turn up .
Old 12-19-2008, 04:08 AM
Mudgy

ever seen Tanaka motors for gopeds?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

how do you know most are a bolt-up fit? have you tried it before? if you have, please post pics.
i know cuz ive done it a bunch of times .... when we used to do this it was way before there were digital cameras available.... most of the weedies have the same diameter flywheel and the bolt pattern for the coil was standard, chain saws dont have revlimited coils and some of them fit too and have real lively spark

mmmkay?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 AM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

thanks. if my km baja's engine goes out on me, i'll be sure to try to fit my 26cc weed eater engine onto it. if the crank case doesn't fit, i'll try to just take the head off of it and fit it onto the km engine. if that doesn't work, i'll most likely just slap a cy 27cc in it.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 AM
bsrman14
Banned

Chainsaw motors are ok to use if you have alot of room. Great low end buy not enough RPM. Its all about the HP to weight ratio. A smaller engine with alot of hp is good. The down side to chainsaw motors is the clutch config. As you can see you have a hard time gearing it down from the motor.

Originator of the $250 1/4 scale bugget buggy.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 AM
looker2756

ORIGINAL: bsrman14

Origionator of the $250 1/4 scale bugget buggy.
You might do a spell check before posting something like this. We would like more info & pics. on this 250$ 1/4 scale car. I do know 250$ is not going to get you much.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:44 AM
splcrazy

that drag car with the blue paintjob and flames would look better if the rear tires were slicks
Old 12-20-2008, 06:12 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

how do you know most are a bolt-up fit? have you tried it before? if you have, please post pics.
i know cuz ive done it a bunch of times .... when we used to do this it was way before there were digital cameras available.... most of the weedies have the same diameter flywheel and the bolt pattern for the coil was standard, chain saws dont have revlimited coils and some of them fit too and have real lively spark

mmmkay?

For converting an appliance engine for RC use, I assume that these engines require a bit of extensive mods to get them into te performance level of RC gassers. What are these mods?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:46 PM
bsrman14
Banned

What do yo mean? I got alot!! The only thing I can do is put a Bigger motor in it. My buggy has adjustable gearing ,full independant suspension, inflatable tires, full aluminum chassis.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my holy God,show us the freakin car!What are you afraid of?
Old 12-20-2008, 04:07 PM
drewcrew6

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS EARN HIS RESPECT.

But apparently no one has ever earned that, i am almost curious if he has even earned his own respect. You would think that after building such a "succesful" feat that he would be jumping at the chance to show it off, but i guess he does with a postage stamp. Even if he threw a body on it and had a video of it then maybe HE would have some respect on here.

Just my unrespected thoughts.
Drewcrew

Originator of my little world !
Old 12-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know i know,no one will ever earn it,therefore will no one ever see the rest of the car
Old 12-20-2008, 05:22 PM
splcrazy

its the first timne ever im seeing rc drag cars made like this its all new to me , those things are made for like competition to pull big heavy loads . ive seen the full scale version of tractors with big V8's pulling gigantic loads , they would sometimes show it on television aswell but havnt seen it on tv for years
Old 12-20-2008, 06:14 PM
DTW

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe bsrman14 just pinched the picture from another website and they didn't have any bigger pictures that he could use. Maybe that's why everyone only ever sees the "postage stamp" sized picture. (over and over again I might add)
He claims he will only show people the car if they earn his respect, but he willingly gets on this site looking at everyone else's pictures, and uses their ideas & information.
If he is truly so talented as to make a $250 1/4 scale car, then by all means impart this knowledge to others, show us how good it is.
If not then don't use anyone else's ideas, and don't look at their pictures, and don't use their information. Why should they help you bsrman14..!!!
I suspect he has nothing to show, that's why no-one ever sees more of it.

PS.....amend your signature to "originator of the 1/4 scale scam..!!!" while you're at it.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Dave ESPI

I have a homelite 30cc in my RC boat. it crushes Zenoah for power in comparison drag runs.

But boats and cars are like apples and oranges.

And Yeah, BSRMAN... Postage stamp pics of cars do not make a "Winner" for budget armchair jabber-jawing RC enthusiast. Usualy we do a BIG build tread and tout our accomplishment.

I think we know what eh BS stands for in his screenname
Old 12-21-2008, 12:28 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: bsrman14

What do yo mean? I got alot!! The only thing I can do is put a Bigger motor in it. My buggy has adjustable gearing ,full independant suspension, inflatable tires, full aluminum chassis.
Sweet! Can you go into more on your suspension work? And can you adjust it as far as toe, camber, Ackerman, etc? And what about a sway bar?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:21 AM
bsrman14
Banned

My suspension is adjustable , toe, camber. Theirs no need for sway bars but the can be added. Shocks are fully adjustable for firmness. All parts are machined. No expensive parts bought. Lots of free stuff keeps the cost down.

Orginator of the $250 1/4 scale bugget buggy.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Sweet! I definitely want to see you suspension set-up! Post some pics of youe suspension and describe the geometry!

Also, for the engine you chose, is teh suspension on the rear up to the task of handling teh power during full trigger accelerations from a dead stop?
Post a vid of one of your hard accelerations, I want to see you suspension at work helping plant that power to teh asphalt!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Mudgy

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

that drag car with the blue paintjob and flames would look better if the rear tires were slicks

dude, they pull heavy sleds in the dirt

These guys make goped motors, and claim to have a 2 stroke that will put out less emissions, (for the greenies out there)

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/index.php?section=38

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/pdf/dpl/utility/TC-47Rdpl.pdf

Actually, Tanaka is to be absorbed by Hitachi by 2009.
http://www.tanaka-usa.com/pdf/Absorption.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.