Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Oddified motor w/ NOS

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oddified motor w/ NOS

This is my Oddified 26cc Heli motor with a complete NOS kit custom installed by Ian.
The motor reads over 10+ hp on the Dyno, it has been tested up to 18+ hp, the kit was custom fitted and set up to run clean and consistently.

I am in the middle of finishing up a project to put this monster in, this will be used to smack up some of the local 5th scale dragster guys!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93659.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1110539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31571.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1110540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io29034.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1110541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84096.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1110542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi62773.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1110543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gx31814.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1110544  
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 AM
speedy.d

Default RE: Oddified motor w/ NOS

what kind of chassis is this going in? you dont have to name a brand just the type, 2wd buggy,mt 4wd,drag car? it looks nice, i would like to hear that thing at full song!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

I have a few things I can put it in, but I have been working on a special build just for this specific motor.
This will be used strictly for some 5th scale drag racing we do locally, I will have pics up of this installed in the project rail as soon as I get to complete it and once the season starts some videos too.
Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 AM
splcrazy

ive never seen this kind of thing before , man i want to put that on my baja5b's , would the piston lose its 2stroke lubrication with the NOS ? how long would you have the engine turned on with nos .
Old 01-14-2009, 01:35 AM
speedy.d

are there any kind thermal coatings on the piston/cylinder wall, like teflon or ceramic? what kind of connecting rod is used as well? i dont see a stock rod handling that much strees for long.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 AM
splcrazy

10hp to 18hp now thats cool , everyone said that NOS is a waste of time on engines like this but at 10hp to 18hp apparantly not if his dyno tests are real . my rear tires on my baja5b with the motor mods i have done are ballooning slightly as it is , i want a nos set up too now
Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

The engine was built and tuned specifically for nitrous, not just a tuned engine with nitrous added. The engine has slightly retarded timing, very slightly lower compression and most importantly a specially machined piston with 0.05mm taper from bottom to top. The reason for that is stop the piston nipping in the cylinder when using NOS. The first proto type he made, seized up within seconds when he used a reasonable amount of nitrous!. The reason is the sudden temperature increase when the system is activated, the piston crown expands quicker than the cylinder.

The nitrous solenoids have been set up for low nitrous levels and to run on lower voltage (they're made for full size cars and up to 250 hp).
The system is only using a small fraction of what it's made to run, thus running cleaner, consistent.

Oddified actually made an on board PCB that can control it's release automatically via RPM's.
Now all I need to get is a much smaller NOS bottle, the 12oz bottle is way to big for what I need, it will be replaced with a 4 or 6oz bottle.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Miami Jato

where do you guys race in jersey?, going there soon, I would love to see some 5th scale draggin..........
Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

Hey Miami, no the drag racing is held in Brooklyn NY by the 1/4 scale racing association of Floyd Bennett Field.
In the spring/summer months, the turnouts are huge! sometimes running classified races ( nitro vs nitro, gas vs gas, gas vs nitro ect.) anything from 10th scale to 1/4 scale dragsters, it's alot of fun!

Anyway, if your ever in the area and up for some racing, give us a call! (weather permitting, its just 20 degrees now [sm=stupid.gif][sm=stupid.gif], I think Miami is one of the greatest places to live, I just loved it there!

Take care!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:13 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Awesome looking setup! Do you have a print out of the dyno runs to show the 10 to 18hp claim on this motor, and are you using a break dyno for your tests? I've not heard of a 26cc motor pushing 18hp..
Old 01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

A 26cc will not do 18 hp, lol, this we all know, but Oddified has ran dyno testing on the 2 motors he has built like this.
The first gave out after forcing too much NOS into the motor, so he went back to the drawing board and configured what needed to be done in order to make this motor run reliable.
The motor itself was rated at 6.2 HP with a big power tuned pipe on his Dyno, the NOS jets have been changed to 2.5's so it will not run at 18HP now, it will run consistently above 10hp, to make the 18hp he rated it as, you would need to change the jets and in this case, the motor would probably become unstable, unreliable and end up an expensive pile of metal at some point...[]

This motor is not built to drive around a track and do laps, but instead to make alot of power for a short period of time ( drag racing ).
The engine won't really rev any higher than a normal tuned Oddified engine (about 18,000 - 21,000rpm ish), but the torque and power below that point are huge!.

If you want it done right, it's gotta be Oddified!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
mooman007uk

Is the red solenoid for gas? ...to make the best of nitrous you add gas too to make the power..I thought thats why Ians kit doesn't run lean and makes big power cos he adds the extra gasoline too.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

its it adjustable timing as well ? nasty motor you got there pete !!
going to be a task too plant all that power too the ground !!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:01 PM
clubin

Hey Pete, I have an idea, why don't you send that to me here in Manitoba, I'll pay the shipping charges. I realy think it should be tested in my MCD Baja 1000. LOL
That sure is a nice piece of work, what kind of money if I wanted one 1200.00+?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember all of you who want NOS in your cars,it is not many seconds you have these horsepower this kit will provide,i guess it wont be cheap either if youre going for this tailored setup as Pro5thScaleDistributors have.With "regular" bashing and use the piston will be toast farely quickly i guess if the NOS is used often.

BUT,this is surely a nice engine!Hope to see more of both the engine and the car,do put out some pics of the rig
Old 01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

lol Thanks Clayton, but as of right now, it's not for sale, from what Ian told me, this is the second build of this motor, the first went south in R&D and this is the sole survivor.
But your numbers are almost right on point!

Hey Doug, the timing is not adjustable on this, the motor is completely setup to run this way, so I would not want to play with the timing, it might compromise the output in the wrong direction.
He did include a PC board that plugs into the RX and is programed to operate the NOS to his standards.

Thanks for looking!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Remember all of you who want NOS in your cars,it is not many seconds you have these horsepower this kit will provide,i guess it wont be cheap either if youre going for this tailored setup as Pro5thScaleDistributors have.With "regular" bashing and use the piston will be toast farely quickly i guess if the NOS is used often.

BUT,this is surely a nice engine!Hope to see more of both the engine and the car,do put out some pics of the rig

I will post pics as soon as I can complete something!! just dont have enough time in the day to do it!

As for running NOS, yes I would not recommend running any type of NOS on your engine, unless your motor was built specifically for it and you have experience with using it.
This kit is made for a regular car type setup and has been professionally modified or oddified to work for this application, this was a one off build and no more will be resold or reproduced at this time.

Thanks
Pete
Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Pro5thScaleDistributors

Oddified actually made an on board PCB that can control it's release automatically via RPM's.
Now all I need to get is a much smaller NOS bottle, the 12oz bottle is way to big for what I need, it will be replaced with a 4 or 6oz bottle.

As for NOS, I have never run it, not even in full sized cars. Is this set a prigressive set? Does the "PCB" stand for "Progressive Control, time-Based?" It only makes sense since dumping a massive shot is horrible in any engine to begin with.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
splcrazy

if they put a seperate section with all the individual parts needed to build your own nos engine on DDM for example i would be very interested in buying a kit
Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 PM
osnitro

ORIGINAL: Pro5thScaleDistributors

This is my Oddified 26cc Heli motor with a complete NOS kit custom installed by Ian.
The motor reads over 10+ hp on the Dyno, it has been tested up to 18+ hp, the kit was custom fitted and set up to run clean and consistently.

I am in the middle of finishing up a project to put this monster in, this will be used to smack up some of the local 5th scale dragster guys!

Pete,

It's B, The motor looks great! can't wait to see it in action this summer!

BRC
Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

if they put a seperate section with all the individual parts needed to build your own nos engine on DDM for example i would be very interested in buying a kit
Well this type of kit, to get it working right can cost more then most people want to spend, I am able to get a dry setup kit for RC, which is easy to set up yourself, alot less power and will damage your engine alot faster, not really sure how many people would go for that, so I don't advertise it.

OSNITRO- Hey B, whats up, yes this season I think is really going to be a great gathering! can't wait for the good weather, but I don't want to rush it, I am still working on my setup[>:], need more time!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:27 AM
splcrazy

would that wet nos kit work on the Trevor simpson induction crankcases ?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

would that wet nos kit work on the Trevor simpson induction crankcases ?
Well it would work, but the question is, for how long????
In order for the NOS to work efficiently, I would think some adjustments and mods to the piston would be needed for it to work correctly with minimal trouble.
I am far from an expert on something like this, but it would only make sense to do it this way.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 AM
hitecrcman
Banned

The million dollar question??$$$$$ for this insaine motor????
Old 01-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Pro5thScaleDistributors

Stock 26cc CY $179 , tuned & modified 26cc around $450+, this 1 and only Oddified motor........Priceless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.