Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

I want to see more pics of home made RC cars, please.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I want to see more pics of home made RC cars, please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want to see more pics of home made RC cars, please.

LOL, and it woulr definitely NOT be inappropriate at all. That is a very nice pice of craftsmanship, I wish I had access to all the machining and tools she has []
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

What makes me jealous about it, is I have access to the machinery, but the gaping void of knowledge to use them that well is killing me.

Certainly a work of art.

Maori, I feel bad, in all my travels I seem to have missed your buggy. It's very pretty, I always was fascinated by sandrail vehicles. You really need to get that beast running.....I want to see some dirt fly!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 AM
kenazzo2000

ive started this build

soloratov i haven t got a lot of tools but i still try . that is what you should do you should try youll find a lot of help from the guys on these forums ive found alot of help .so go ahead and try to build a project we will help you
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I have access to the machinery, but the gaping void of knowledge to use them that well is killing me.
In my experience there is only one way to learn how to do something and that is to have a go, fail and try again.
Mixed with pointers and advice from those in the know, but not too much at a time.
Have a go at something, THEN ask why it went wrong or what you should have done different
I just bought a welder about 6 months ago and am slowly having a go at sticking a few bits of metal together here and there.
It's gonna take time to get it right, but I'll keep at it.

I've never had any experience with machining though so I shouldnt' say too much, but isn't most of it about programming the machine to cut/grind what you want, or is it manually done?

Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Anomie

The machining I have performed is all manual. Many prefer the CNC process, but I do not have access nor any inclination to let the machine do all of the work. I prefer to operate the lathe/mill myself. The same applies to threading. I enjoy feeling the tools cut the metal.

I agree with the try/fail/try again philosophy. That is the best method I have found to learn not only what works, but also what will not work and why.

Great point you have made.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Anomie
I prefer to operate the lathe/mill myself. The same applies to threading. I enjoy feeling the tools cut the metal.
Totally agree here!Its even more handmade if you have operated the machines yourself than if a computer have
Old 02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
MadManAndrew

I'd rather design the parts and program the cuting path for a CNC, and know it's going to be perfect, rather than hand mill it with no cut pattern and KNOW that it's NOT perfect.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM
kenazzo2000

mate no cnc so things have to be made by hand
Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

I'd rather design the parts and program the cuting path for a CNC, and know it's going to be perfect, rather than hand mill it with no cut pattern and KNOW that it's NOT perfect.
I can appreciate that. Everything lines up, no mismatched holes and uneven edges everywhere, and things work as they should (provided the design is sound). I have to agree with kenazzo, however, in that some of us do not have access to software and CNC equipment. The choice is just not there.

There is something to be said for those that have almost no machinery access whatsoever. Drills, files, sandpaper, and a bit of ingenuity have created many a cool project. It's fun to make something totally off-the-wall and then feel the excitement when it actually works.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 PM
kenazzo2000

thats true when you build something from scratch and see it run on the road thats a special feeling . you know what im talking about
Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Soloratov

I think we all agree on one thing, no matter how it's done, we can all take pride in something that WE designed, and made with our own hands. Whether it be turning a wheel, or pushing a button, it's ours. Anomie.....you inspired me a while back, and it helped a lot. I have access to hand operated mills, a lathe that is now at my home, and a CNC machine. I am lucky in that what I do for a living gives me these toys, but limited in my programming knowledge for CNC, or the steady hand on the lathe Anomie has. I'm young, I have a lot of learning to do, and a long ride to the finish of my project, but hey......once it's done, 75% of the fun is over. It's about the journey for me!

Ok, enough with the deep stuff......lets go break something...........
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

those that have almost no machinery access whatsoever. Drills, files, sandpaper, and a bit of ingenuity
That's me you're talking about there.

lets go break something

Old 02-24-2009, 06:29 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: da mad maori

my dust collector
Specs on that beast?Length, width? Also, you wouldn't happen to have a link to those wheels and tires would you?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Rrright.

Any more pics of projects?

Anyone?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Soloratov

Oh why not add my dust collector. Haven't touched it in about 6 months....kind of a depressing thought. Been too busy with other projects and strapped for cash on crucial components to move forward. Anyway......posted a while back the same pics, but I'll put em up here for ya.

Starting in Solidworks: (design is a bit behind actual build)

This is the support structure for the main shaft that runs between both diffs. It has been installed, but not included in the CAD model.

And the build pics. Bit outdated, even now, center shaft supports have been mounted, and the diff in the picture has turned into a paper weight, and the steering assembly has been machined and mounted. I am using MCD diffs front and rear for a smaller lighter profile, and because they are shaft drive. The little car in the one picture is my 1/18 RC18MT...for scale comparison.

Plans right now, while waiting for the funds to get the diffs, is to re-machine new axle carriers to match the H1 Hummer axles, (my inspiration for the design), so that they are geared hubs. Allowing me to add the gear ratios and provide more torque from the motor. Also, I will be swapping out these simple wheels for good rims and a set of turf saver tires.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:26 AM
da mad maori

truely outstanding!!!

very nice work..... gokart tyres would look KILLER!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:07 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Yeah wow.
Just....wow....
Amazing what you guys get up to.
No wonder it ends up costing $$ $$$ and taking a long time to finish.

I'd be too scared to even get that thing dirty....

What engine will it have?
(Soloratov)

Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: stock-stone

see my 1/3rd scaled home made RC car:

id love to own this car , it looks super cool . Id love to thrash it up and down the road full speed ..
Old 02-27-2009, 06:42 AM
splcrazy

hey kenazzo the spelling on the side of your drag car is that ment to be spelt like that ? what is SATANA'S ? lol dont you mean SATAN'S
Old 02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Soloratov

Dirty:

It's up for debate as far as the engine goes. I will most likely be using an 80cc mini ATV engine with a CVT transmission, just need to modify the CVT so it would go faster than 20mph. Apparently they have a spacer inside them that can be removed, allows for much greater travel.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
alloy king
Banned

ORIGINAL: drewcrew6

And as far the infamous buggy the pic That I got and several others here got also. He did not request that it not be posted and I would not do this if asked.
I would say that it might be a modified bought truck but the pic definetly has his own chassis plate but possibly a copy of something produced.
As Demeaning and demanding I would have expected true ackerman steering on it.
But we shall all move on at this point.
I will make no other comments about it until some better pics surface.

Only Posted Pic _____and the _____ Email
Why hide the truth check it out

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981516

I had a hard time looking up Sam123 famous quote" he ripped off a new era buggy what a joke!" Well the jokes on you now. Hiding the real thruth just to make yourself all look good. [sm=omg_smile.gif] I have a hard time believing he ripped that off 100%
Old 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM
kenazzo2000

no its meant satanas toy lol
Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
drewcrew6

Thanks ALLOY I tried to find that post back then but all I got was an empty post maybe I had hit it to early then. I wonder why the big secret about that car when he was on here.
I wonder If that car has the same issue mine does- not enough weight on the rear.
Drewcrew6
Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 PM
RCtruckRacer

He's back... bsrman that is.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=profile&forum=1&memid=400161[/link]

The guy actually sent me a pm... some weird ramblings about welching on some bet. Do we want to do anything with his 'new' account? Looks like it was opened in '08, but the first posts were today. And he's carrying on about that damn buggy of his again.

Kids.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Why hide the truth check it out

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=981516

I had a hard time looking up Sam123 famous quote" he ripped off a new era buggy what a joke!" Well the jokes on you now. Hiding the real thruth just to make yourself all look good. I have a hard time believing he ripped that off 100%
Whatever you're on about Take your bickering elsewhere.
That Besrman seems to get suspended from every website he goes on to and I don't want the mods to lock this thread just because you guys are arguing about that thing he built and whether he ripped it off or not.

More pics of home made cars please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.