Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Predator RC SSV2 Baja 1/5 Scale Review

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Predator RC SSV2 Baja 1/5 Scale Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:28 AM
neobaja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Predator RC SSV2 Baja 1/5 Scale Review

ok,hey you should join this site, http://ozlargescale.com/index.php a few guy's have the rovans,cheers
Old 04-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Predator RC

Hey neobaja ..glad to hear your baja is going great have you done any engine mods yet or are you running a stock 26cc .?
Cheers
Old 04-30-2009, 06:25 AM
neobaja

Gidday mate,no its dead stock,i love this thing it really hammers,its the 26cc with dom and i could'nt be happier,you would have sold a few,after doing some research these are easily the best of the clones you can get,it looks exactly like the HPI ss and goes as good.cheers
Old 04-30-2009, 06:57 AM
like2race

ORIGINAL: neobaja

Gidday mate,no its dead stock,i love this thing it really hammers,its the 26cc with dom and i could'nt be happier,you would have sold a few,after doing some research these are easily the best of the clones you can get,it looks exactly like the HPI ss and goes as good.cheers
I agree the rear pipe is the best for power they really rip .I have the KM clone pipe though happy with it as well
Cheers
Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 AM
bikejunkie
My Feedback: (3)

If anyone is interested I am working in China now and have contacted the rovan company here and if I can put together a group buy can purchase the 29cc Rovan car for 570 usd ea with FM radio or for 40 dollars more a 2.4 ghz radio. I am not sure about shipping price yet but I think air mail would be about 130 usd to ship to the USA and 45 usd regular mail which takes about 3 weeks. The car I looked at already has a pipe on it and metal gear servos.
Bikejunkie
Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 AM
spoonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might buy one of these in the next few weeks. Has anyone had any problems? the 23CC is 769 free ship off ebay...
Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 AM
mickbart

hi my first posting so here goes i recieved my predator baja a week ago and from out off the box i was a little surprised that it went the way it did (wasnt that powerfull ) was ok for a learner so a friend told me he had a baja SS tuned piped for sale so i got it off him and put it on well what a difference i wasnt expecting that much of a change it was loud as hell and only the second tank thought i would give it a gutfull and took off down my driveway and hit the letterbox and ripped the whole rear wishbone clean off..oh well you live and learn so i got frank to send me the parts i needed he sent them quick enough but now im after a part that goes on the front shock in the manual there isnt a part number and i dont want to have to fork out for a whole new shock its the bit that connects the shock to the shock tower with the little brass swivel in it if any one knows where in oz i might be able to get one please let me know
regards
mick
Old 05-04-2009, 05:39 AM
like2race

Hi has any one done any engine mods .on the 26cc I was interested to see if the CY kits will fit ok and be worthwhile and whats recommended to get the most out of these engines
Cheers
Old 05-04-2009, 07:22 AM
benckiesbajas

ORIGINAL: like2race

Hi has any one done any engine mods .on the 26cc I was interested to see if the CY kits will fit ok and be worthwhile and whats recommended to get the most out of these engines
Cheers

these fit and work very well its the highest horse power stock head you can get and will turn it into a 28.5cc beast

http://www.rcbuggies.com.au/osc/prod...roducts_id=407
Old 05-05-2009, 06:45 AM
like2race

ORIGINAL: mickbart

hi my first posting so here goes i recieved my predator baja a week ago and from out off the box i was a little surprised that it went the way it did (wasnt that powerfull ) was ok for a learner so a friend told me he had a baja SS tuned piped for sale so i got it off him and put it on well what a difference i wasnt expecting that much of a change it was loud as hell and only the second tank thought i would give it a gutfull and took off down my driveway and hit the letterbox and ripped the whole rear wishbone clean off..oh well you live and learn so i got frank to send me the parts i needed he sent them quick enough but now im after a part that goes on the front shock in the manual there isnt a part number and i dont want to have to fork out for a whole new shock its the bit that connects the shock to the shock tower with the little brass swivel in it if any one knows where in oz i might be able to get one please let me know
regards
mick
Havent got the shock part you are after but dont forget the engines still needs a bit of loosening up from new after 4 tanks mine rips
good luck on the part
Cheers
Old 05-05-2009, 07:16 AM
like2race

ORIGINAL: benckiesbajas

ORIGINAL: like2race

Cheers

these fit and work very well its the highest horse power stock head you can get and will turn it into a 28.5cc beast

http://www.rcbuggies.com.au/osc/prod...roducts_id=407
thanks Benkie looks to be good value [sm=thumbup.gif]
cheers
Old 05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
mickbart

hi likes2race thanks for getting back to me i had to strap up the shock so i can drive it seems to work but just knowing its bodgy doesnt sit well anyway i have run 5 tanks since new nd its going well just had a bit off trouble with the steering servo and twitching and favouring turning on one side so i stripped the servo down and sprayed contact cleaner and wd-40 into the potentiomiter (if thats how its spelt) and works fine and also stripped the throttle servo horn.so i have had a few teething problems but i am ironing them out so i might order a bigbore kit today ..and also does anyone know a good gear ratio?? with a bigger cc motor is it better to put a higher gear ration on for a little more topend with the more powerful motor ??if so any ideas on gear ration would be good
regards
mick
Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 AM
like2race

hi likes2race thanks for getting back to me i had to strap up the shock so i can drive it seems to work but just knowing its bodgy doesnt sit well anyway i have run 5 tanks since new nd its going well just had a bit off trouble with the steering servo and twitching and favouring turning on one side so i stripped the servo down and sprayed contact cleaner and wd-40 into the potentiomiter (if thats how its spelt) and works fine and also stripped the throttle servo horn.so i have had a few teething problems but i am ironing them out so i might order a bigbore kit today ..and also does anyone know a good gear ratio?? with a bigger cc motor is it better to put a higher gear ration on for a little more topend with the more powerful motor ??if so any ideas on gear ration would be good
regards
mick
For the twitching i reakon its the failsafe I would look into installing a PBskillswitch but you need a 3 chanell Tx /Rx . for the favouring of one side it would be the EPA adjustment for your steering on your TX just needs to be set right ..Gears Dunno cant help mate

https://www.predatorrc.com.au/produc...6r8d7f0od8e9o2
Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Greg_s

i took mine for the first big drive today and im thinking i need to save my $$ to get a dom pipe.

Greg
Old 05-06-2009, 12:06 PM
neobaja

I went for a spin the other day,they go good.just remember to check all nuts and bolts when new,and keep an eye on things after running,oh and don't run into stuff.this is my first rear wheel drive for 5 yrs + so forgive the driving.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psEeyH4L1M
Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 AM
like2race

ORIGINAL: neobaja

I went for a spin the other day,they go good.just remember to check all nuts and bolts when new,and keep an eye on things after running,oh and don't run into stuff.this is my first rear wheel drive for 5 yrs + so forgive the driving.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psEeyH4L1M
Great Vid neo thanks for sharing,,always great to watch a baja in action
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 AM
like2race

ORIGINAL: Greg_s

i took mine for the first big drive today and im thinking i need to save my $$ to get a dom pipe.

Greg
you will freak out when you fit it ask any one who went from stock to dom...[>:]
Old 05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
mikeinoz

Check out www.PowerSlideRacing.com.au if your looking for parts in Oz. Best to use HPI parts whenever you replace a broken rovan part as the quality is much better. PSR has the Pico kill switches way cheaper than anyone else in Oz. PSR has tones of upgrades in stock and if you have any questions pick up the phone they know the products!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
mikeinoz

regards
mick
Try www.PowerSlideRacing.com.au for that and any other parts you might need.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Greg_s

well i cooked it on Sunday. but have ordered DDM Big Bore 28.5cc. lotso o dust is bad
oh well.

Greg
Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
mikeinoz

regards
mick
Right then lets have another go at helping this man find the part he needs, http://powerslideracing.com.au/index...products_id=81
I don't give in easily Mr serialcomplainer
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
mikeinoz

regards
mick
I would fit a decent failsafe if your having twitching problems (or even if your not).
Old 05-11-2009, 09:48 AM
mikeinoz

ORIGINAL: spoonrc

Might buy one of these in the next few weeks. Has anyone had any problems? the 23CC is 769 free ship off ebay...
I've seen the 29cc versions with pipe, mx tyres, 2.4g radio etc for $910 AUD elsewhere!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:05 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

These look good, much better than the km clones
Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 AM
like2race

ORIGINAL: mikeinoz

ORIGINAL: spoonrc

I've seen the 29cc versions with pipe, mx tyres, 2.4g radio etc for $910 AUD elsewhere!

looks to be a good price where at..mikeinoz ..I have seen the 23cc at predator RC for $749

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.