Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

Old 05-29-2009, 05:44 AM
mcspanners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

Hey dc2, i just started with factory needle settings and went in about 1/8th of a turn on both needles, i tried with factory settings to start with but it spluttered a lot, but yeah didn't have to turn in much to get it running perfect, when i first started in large scale i seized a couple of cylinders, so i guess i got a bit paranoid lol. i think its really important to run more oil in these engines especially in summer.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:39 AM
steven brown

now dan m ate that is sweet u realy do get the best out off your cars don,t u

do me a fav mate and check out the hub links on my thread .tell me if there right

Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ORIGINAL: mcspanners

Hey dc2, i just started with factory needle settings and went in about 1/8th of a turn on both needles, i tried with factory settings to start with but it spluttered a lot, but yeah didn't have to turn in much to get it running perfect, when i first started in large scale i seized a couple of cylinders, so i guess i got a bit paranoid lol. i think its really important to run more oil in these engines especially in summer.
helllo mc s

yeah i think i will have to agree with you,even though i run at 150 to 5l i and rich needle settings i still find it runs very hot this time of year,for my next mix im going to add another 50mill to the 5 liters and bring it up to 200mill to 5 liters and same as you lean 1/8th turns untill running nice,i would prefer to run a little more oil,especially the new racing engine i just bought for my fg..

cheers man

i will post up more vids shortly.............weather kinda gone sickning here again.

that model you got seems to be rare,is it a harm?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:57 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ORIGINAL: steven brown

now dan m ate that is sweet u realy do get the best out off your cars don,t u

do me a fav mate and check out the hub links on my thread .tell me if there right

well steven hows it going just going to take a look now,...

Old 05-29-2009, 04:27 PM
steven brown

cheers again mate . sent u a pm
Old 05-29-2009, 05:05 PM
mcspanners

Hey dc2, the car i got is a harm sx-3 05 model, they are probably more common in racing circles than for bashing lol, but not as common as fg i would say, they are also made in germany......about the oil, i would try a bit more than 200mls, but its up to you.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:20 PM
dc2 man
Banned

im trying to locate a pinion for my layshaft as mine came off yesterday evening and i could not find it again,it was the one and only time i didnt use thread lock lol

i may have one in the morning,i just dont have another 16 or 18tooth.

any body know what ratios these leave factory on the diff/layshaft???

i am ordering the 69tooth fine pitch next week and 23tooth layshaft,this is the compitition layout at the moment as far as i know on the evo 09 fg comp model.

how much more oil would you reckon mc s?

only thing about more oil is plug fouling.........
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
mcspanners

dc2, you could try 200mls, but i would up that to 250mls to 5 litres, its still not as rich as my 250mls to 4 litres that i'm running, i think my harm has a 50T diff ring gear against a 16T layshaft pinion but not 100% sure.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:15 PM
dc2 man
Banned

wow 250 to 5 is rich....but do you know something if it runs [powerwise] the same it wouldnt be a bad idea,the engine would get great protection.

**update**

found another 18t layshaft pinion,machined it tonight and i put it on,so ready to rock and roll tomorrow if weather allows lol

i may try that mix tomorrow mc s,i might go for the 5liters 200mill mix........

cheers.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 PM
mcspanners

Yeah man my car runs great at 15:1 mix, infact it actually had more power!, i noticed the power would drop off considerably after about 10 minutes running with 25:1 mix but bear in mind the weather was very hot, 32 degrees celsius, it all depends on what oil your using i suppose. i have never had a problem with fouling plugs either.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:20 AM
dc2 man
Banned

yeah i understand you 100percent because anytime i let my car idle for a little bit and build up with fuel,it goes then like a bat out of hell,i mean unreal fast,but from constant hard driving and when it gets hotit seems to drop a little,so im guessing a richer mix would run it better both with oil and on the carb.

like you say man,i would rather to be running richer than anything.

so did the weather improve there any bit,

i think i will be running this this evening

Old 05-30-2009, 06:19 PM
mcspanners

Hey dc2, predicting snow down to sea level here today, so yeah its cold.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:26 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hey mac s ,bummer with yer weather there man,how is is so bad man?

weather was great here today now,very warm....

i got a small vid up but had some front balljoint trouble,i eventually sorted it out and made all my adjustments and then my layshaft pinion which i forgot to thread lock came loose and the spur/layshaft moved out of the gearplate ready to fall out and then causing my spur gear to melt,bummer,but i had a spare one in my toolbox so i was ok.

just got a small vid of today which i will upload now.

small testing vid......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI7OTa9jOU

dc
Old 05-31-2009, 01:07 AM
waqr

Looks nice man I have read all your replys on regadring the oil mixture and I think that 25:1 is the option I will stick to. I have used 25:1 for more than 15 gallon of fuel (the last gallon in my FG onroad) so I know it works. 15:1 sounds a bit too rich in my opinion. But sure the engine gets very hot during long runs on hot summerdays so maybe I will mix two tanks and have in the garage: One 15:1 for warm sumerdays and one 25:1 for more ordinary temperatures.

What engine do you have in your car now dc2man?

I myself have the Zenoah G260 and will never switch back to G230 again. I love the extra power from the G260 and by using this I can lower the gear ration even more to get some more top speed. I am thinking about bying a ported G260 to try out. Anyone know a good ported engine that suits a onroad car?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hey waqr

did you seethe cad engine i just got in my beetle thread,i suppose it may intrest you when fitted.......

well if you had the money i would go for hobbytheks cad g230 touring car engine WOW THAT is a beast........it is the touring car version of the one i just got for my beetle.

i have the same as you now waqr i this fg comp car the g260 and i too love its UP AND GO torque,.........

cheers

i ran a tank yeaterday of 200mill to 5 liters =40 to 1 ratio and i must say it runs much better,no drop in power at all and runs much cooler......

mcspaners was right its a better mix......

Old 05-31-2009, 03:02 PM
waqr

Hi!

Yes, I did see that engine. I bet it will turn your Beetle into a monster

So, you say that Hobbythek has a CAD 230 for the touring cars? Man, that thing must have some nice revs

I think your new oil mix is 25:1 (2dl to 5l = 4%) not 40:1 (1,25dl to 5l = 2,5%). I run this all the time and it is a great mix.

Any new movies to share with us?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree here waqr,here in Norway it is common to run on 4% on stock engines,and 4,5% on tuned engines, 2,5% sounds a bit too little for the engine to stay on the safe side with the lubrication
Old 05-31-2009, 03:32 PM
waqr

Yes, 4% is the most common mix in Sweden aswell I think. I have however heard that many that drives onroads use less oil (often 2,5%). I think however that the power you might gain from using a bit less oil is almost none if you compare it to the extra wear you add to the engine. And as someone mentioned in an earlier thread, you maintain your power longer when using more oil since is runs cooler than when using less oil. If you run with less oil you might have some extra power for a few minutes but soon the engine turns hot and looses a lot of power instead.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:26 PM
dc2 man
Banned

well i run 200mill to 5liters now so that is plenty,and before i ran 150mill to 5liters.....

Old 06-05-2009, 12:37 PM
kenazzo2000

is it better to eliminate the fail safe ?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:45 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hello there

i have changed to a fully comp fg model,but i am continuing also here with carson chassis,i will be getting that up and running soon also for the girlfriend nicola.

do your self a favour and ditch that onboard fail safe and just cut wires over near engine,its anoying,least little bit of moisture cuts out engine.......

also get your self better servos/radio gear/reciever..........DONT bother running car with these stock items are they will cause a lot of anoyance and maybe a crash,also the front hubs need to be changed to stock fg ones........as they are rubbish...

dc2

Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
kenazzo2000

ill try and disable it and tell you what happens
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 AM
dc2 man
Banned

*** NEW ASSORTED VIDS**** 6-06-09

hello all

been a while sinse i was on with vids (well seemed a while to me anyway lol) so i got out yesterday and had a great day......AWESOME!!

me and nicola and small man madyson set off at 10am untill 7pm lol

i first started off with the onroad on my usual spot ,i also bought out my favourite bash buggy (VERY TOUGH) its my hyper 7 .21turbo hobao nitro,i have a few vids thrown in here with this also offroad and later on the beach........WHAT A great day yesterday.......

you will see some of my r/c collection here including my two speed team associated nitro model,i also have a r/c motorbike honda nsr at home and a t-max and revo 3.3,and my fg beetle.

i will never bash with my fg beetle when i have it rebuilt and ready now next saturday,i will run it but with extreme caution lol

check out the awesome comp fg chassis here...

anyway enjoy

regards
dc2

ALL VIDS uploading now...

Old 06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
sam123
My Feedback: (1)

Very nice man. That is an awsome collection you've got there!

I love the look of the machining that has gone into that chassis...just beautiful
Old 06-07-2009, 02:06 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hello sam

yeah man unreal machining in them,very thick chassis,very tough and i agree,beautifull lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.