Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 PM
steven brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

no probs mate and any time u want any help give me a shout as u have
helped me .
right now tell me what is long enough lol how do i know if the pipe,s r long enough
i,m going to put two separate pipe,s in instead off two joining were my exhaust goes
i,ll need to order up new fuel hose and pipe as the one,s i have r dead . wee knicks all over them .
i,m going to put pics up off the roll cage my mate,s been working on not bad for his first attempt
Old 04-18-2009, 04:14 AM
dc2 man
Banned

ah you dont need to be fussy about the length of the pipe man (size doesnt matter lol) haha just aslong as you get it near the ground to let petrol overflow if it needs to..

i cleaned my air filter in this car yesterday when i was driving it,man the differnce in power........unreal!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:32 AM
steven brown

when i get all the bits back i hope to get this wee bugger tuned up a bit . might even get a
few mods for the main off the engine .its only the .23cc so plenty can be changed
Old 04-18-2009, 09:03 AM
dc2 man
Banned

thats it man and the 23cc should have plenty of poke anyway..there are few small things you can do to genuinely make a power differnce to it straight away like better tuned pipes,changing pinions and spurs to differnt sizes,i suppose it all depends on what kind of driving and where you will be running it,it a matter of out right top end or best of both or pure off the line aceleration.....?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:58 AM
steven brown

well i,m looking for a better all over to be honest
love to have alot extra aceleration but would also like a bit more top end .i love power lol
power mad at time,s
Old 04-18-2009, 03:41 PM
dc2 man
Banned

yeah man i get you,wait till you see the engine that im getting for my birthday in a few weeks may the 26th,the g270 cad four bolt raceported/blueprinted engine,its going to be scary,i spoke to people in germany who had them and even in hobbytheks shop they were telling me it wasnt a good choice because it was just too powerfull and hard to control lol my delight........they are very nice and genuine in that shop because they are not always trying to sell you the most expensive stuff the whole time...... man its going to be insane with the jetpro pipe......weighing in at a hefty 750 euro its not cheap but sure the way i look at it is its a one time solution for power with out spending money here and there on upgrading this and that to the engine in search for power the whole time.

i even have the rims upgraded to elcon reinforced adaptors to take /handle the power

man stay tuned here because these videos with this new engine are going to be INSANE !!! [:-]

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...tor.motor,.htm

hope it alright to post this link here......(ps i meant to post this in my beetle thread, sorry!

Old 04-18-2009, 04:11 PM
steven brown

lol u lost it mate

start selling your old gear mate
Old 04-18-2009, 05:47 PM
dc2 man
Banned

its a 30th birthday present man lol thank god!!

otherwise i would be slow in parting with the money lol

i just keep old gear for the money you get its hardly worth selling some of it.......i need spares anyway.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:52 PM
steven brown

oh your 30th nice mate
i had mine two years ago and had a great night with my family and friends
u enjoy yourself mate
Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
dc2 man
Banned

thanks man

i have a feeling that they are throwing some kinda party lol

nice one.

26th of may is the day.

cant wait.....

so any more news on your machine?
Old 04-18-2009, 06:39 PM
steven brown

ye i got word back from my mate today and he said the bit,s will be easy to make
so i can only hope he does half as good a job as he has in the past for me
i have had him do a few jobs for me in the past . i,ve noticed a petrol tank on flee bay for
sale i,m woneding if i should go for that marder one unsure what to do as i,ll need to buy some new
gromits for mine plus fuel pipe plus over flow pipe and this take already has it on it
Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
dc2 man
Banned

yeah man with a bit of luck it will work out for you..

the fuel lines are an easy fix.

ran the carson car yesterday all day lol and this evening after work for a while.....damm i LOVE this car!!!

got small minor trouble from it yesterday when the layshaft small pinion came loose (after15 tanks lol) so off it came and i heated the grub screws to remove and back on with new screws and new rubber all round... what can i say car is a jem!! BULLETPROFF and very very fast....

i have new videos on the way and they will prove just how fast and relibale these are......i love it and i have myself come to the conclusion that out of the box this car is an AWESOME deal..... im very very happy with it and it is VERY FAST!!

so stay tuned for the new videos they are very fast.......[:-]

dan
Old 04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Can these be bought here in the States, if so where?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:00 AM
dc2 man
Banned

i bought mine in germany where the machine is built,i really dont know where in the states but i would presume if you looked around it wouldnt be a problem to find them.

i will keep an eye out for you and do some research.

are you considering getting one??

you wont be dissapointed man.!!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car is made in China by Smartech, sold in bulk to Carson in Germany, who rebadge them and sell them under their own brand. JHC should stock them in the US (under the smartech brand name of course).
Old 04-21-2009, 04:09 PM
dc2 man
Banned

carson and smarthek are the same company though arnt they at least that is what i thought.smarthek being carsons name in china,correct me if im wrong please,again this is only what i thought.

the solo/fg engine is the heart of this machine and that is built in germany as they have a huge factory set up there for years.
and carson is also a germay company who also do there own lot of work and upgrades to these cars before they hit the shelves, servos,tuned pipes/brakes and few other bits i think like shocks too....

best my knowledge anyhow.

cheers foxy.

anybody know (just being curious) if a zenoah G260 would fit this car?
i have a brand new one sitting on the shelf....would like to see also how this would run even though i love the solo and have no intention of swapping anytime soon,but i want to know what i would need,i presume just mounts? or are they the same?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Foxy

Carson and Smartech are different companies. Smartech makes the cars and sells them to Carson. Carson brand them and sell them in europe. Carson cars are slightly different, you're right. Different RTR electronics, and minor details like that, but basically, they're the same cars.

G260 should go in fine, I don't own a Smartech on-road, but I should imagine it would be a drop in since it is basically an FG clone.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
dc2 man
Banned

nice one foxy,we learn something new everyday..

i took a look at the g260 and it doesnt fit actually (bummer) the angle of the clutchhousing is differnt in order for engine to sit the other way,and there is an extra plate there for mounting to chassis,so foxy i decided to order a new engine today for it. as my own coil and flywheel got damaged as i just noticed lastnight after yesterdays running with it.

cheers foxy and thanks for that info.

UPDATE..

so i ran this car yesterday for the longest most insane driving i have ever done in it,what a great days running.so much fun......the night before i modified my clutch with a few extra washers to turn the car in to a PUSH START rather than a pull start cause my pullstarter was broke......done the job great lol as you will see me in these next videos pushing it haha and do you know something it was a great feeling,a feeling of a real race car.........

anyway i was unlucky too at the end of the day as i noticed the car hard to start,took it home to my work room and noticed that the coil had worked itself loose and droped on top of the flywheel damaging them both ....so this solo is shelved for now and i will get them parts at a later time but for now i have just ordered the following which i should have next wednsday.

new fourbolt zenoah G230 engine with carb/clutch
f1 type airbox
new layshaft bearings

so these will be going in to this onroad next week....these new zenoahs are supposed to be wicked.

cant wait now for it as i run this onroad every evening almost. and most days im off work.

i will upload yesterdays vids soon.....
Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Foxy

No worries man, well done for checking and not taking my word for it. All the same though I'm very surprised it's not a direct fit. Are you sure it doesn't fit? Or at least, are you sure there's not just a simple adapter or extra part you need? I'd be shocked if it was actually that difficult to make a standard Zenoah engine fit. The 260 and 230 are identical in terms of bolt and clutch positions, so if you had a problem with the 260 you will still have one with the 230. I bet it's just cos you've got parts for the solo which just have to be swapped for the same relevant parts for the Zenoahs.

Looking forward to vid.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hello foxy hows things.

well ill tell you man i learned the hard way with it lastnight and just read your message here now,i took the solo out of the car and ripped off all the bits i need for other engine and the zenoah G 260 shrowd is differnt it doesnt have the flat plate on it like the solo shrowd in order to mount the engine mount to (flat one at one side opposite clutch) and also on the solo the clutch housing looked to be mounted on at a slightly differnt angle to my zenoah.

best my knowledge man the zenoah 23cc are strickly onroad and the 26cc are offroad and ithink this is the reason why.... i didnt realise that ever actually,i thought it would be a direct fit..

the zenoah 23cc engine that i have just ordered comes out of the factory with differnt shrowd to mount in the (onroad position) with carb facing up rather than to rear.

p.s foxy
i will upload vids now but they dont work off the screen here when uploaded from photobucket.......?

help??
Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Foxy

So it's the carb that's different? 23/26 are not purposely built for on or off road, they are identical cases. You can use 23 or 26 in on-road cars, it's just that 23 is legal for sanctioned racing.

I'd better just keep my trap shut since I never owned a 2wd on-road, but I still find it weird. Sorry for adding to the confusion anyway, you try it and tell us.

One thing though... be careful you aren't paying for a new engine you don't need, if all you need is a different carb/shroud/whatever. I promise you that apart from accessories attached, the 230 and 260 are externally identical. That I am sure of as I own/have owned a number of each.

Photobucket... never used it. Put 'em on youtube.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:29 AM
dc2 man
Banned

ahh right yeah i will try utube so sure...

no the carb is grand man,i was just on about the way the engines need to be mounted in an onroad car,on this carson the exhaust exit is facing the ground and the carb is facing the sky lol do you follow me now foxy?

i have tried the zenoah everyway possible and it just wont work,i would need to order new shrowds and drill the clutch case to match it up.....cheaper to buy the 23cc new engine as they are on special offer from hobbythek right now for 140euro....

i have a buyer for the 26cc anyway,as far as i know the 23cc actually rev higher for onroads also..

but your right all the 23cc 26cc offroad engines are identical...
but trust me these onroads are differnt well this model anyway,as i say with exhaust exit facing the ground and carb facing up( carb now in this carson is on top instead of the rear,do get me?? thats the position the engine has to sit in the car....
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Foxy

Yeh, I know about the laydown position of the engine, that wasn't what was confusing me, it was the fact that I thought the 230 and 260 were identical, but as you say, they must make different models specifically for on road applications. I believe you man, you have the model and I don't. Thanks for being patient with me and helping me understand.

I need to get me an FG sportline now, as I realise this 2wd on-road business is a huge gap in my large scale knowledge.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
dc2 man
Banned

man foxy i think you should...

sinse i have got my onroad i love it,man they are so much funand so simple to work on,no taking off roll cages like the monster models and no removing big rimms and huge pipes..... dont get me wrong the offroads are class aswell as you can see how much my beetle rebuild is costing me.lol

but i just am addicted to this onroad.....
im actually a bit dissapointed to have to wait till next week for my new engine lol my solo will not start because of the damaged flywheel and coil pack..

i heard somebody say that the zenoah 23cc is better and a lot more overpowering than the solo.....

the only thing you need for these is a huge nice tarmac aera which can be hard to find(im lucky where i go as i know the guy and its empty and huge) and tyres need to be at hand and of good quality...i use the fg dtm tyres and love them,they can be worn down to the rim almost and grip very very good...[:-]

i will load up the new videos later when i geta chance !!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

man foxy i think you should...

sinse i have got my onroad i love it,man they are so much funand so simple to work on,no taking off roll cages like the monster models and no removing big rimms and huge pipes..... dont get me wrong the offroads are class aswell as you can see how much my beetle rebuild is costing me.lol

but i just am addicted to this onroad.....
im actually a bit dissapointed to have to wait till next week for my new engine lol my solo will not start because of the damaged flywheel and coil pack..

i heard somebody say that the zenoah 23cc is better and a lot more overpowering than the solo.....

the only thing you need for these is a huge nice tarmac aera which can be hard to find(im lucky where i go as i know the guy and its empty and huge) and tyres need to be at hand and of good quality...i use the fg dtm tyres and love them,they can be worn down to the rim almost and grip very very good...[:-]

i will load up the new videos later when i geta chance !!
Yeh, you're right, I don't know why I haven't done it sooner, I have this track to play with at any time. That's my Xray NT1 you can just about make out in the second picture, from back in the day I raced 1/10th nitro on-road there. Third pic is my pit (same Xray model on the bench). As you can see the track is more than large enough for 1/5th, and they have regular racing, 1/5th on-road is a pretty strong class in Greece....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.