Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

Old 03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

hello all

i have decided to continue my threads here on this forum as you all know i also have that other thread on the fg beetle here which im also currently working on.

so this is the carson thread mmmm where to start here.?

i have the car now two months,love it,from the factory stock they come with lots of anodised blue alloy parts like shocks, support plates,blue chassis etc etc disc front brakes and tuned pipe,its performance is very good also with the 23cc solo engine.

my plan with this onroad carson c5 model was to test it in stock trim to the max,already i have worn out 5 sets of rear tyres, 3 fronts fg dtm medium compound tyre and used 9tanks of fuel. also have the vital mods done(listed below),i have some big plans for upgrading this but first its going to be tested to the max in stock trim!!

so far all i can say is i love the car and it is very relibale aand apart from the below upgrades (my own choice and not even needed) i had to replace the front stock hubs to fg ones,they were a direct fit,the stock ones are not great at all the little metal sockets pull through where a-arm is mounted underneath them.

so when i got the car i done some vital upgrades i will list them as follows.

1/ upgraded batter pack, from 3000mah pack up to 4500 mah
2/spectrum transmittor &reciever
3/alloy diff complete packed with greese
4/alloy diff mounts
5/fg front uprights x 2
6/two hitek metal geared servos
7/upgraded carson special spurgear
8/alloy spur adapotr
9/ steel clutch pinion upgraded the plastic one (which are very soft,lasted 4tanks)

so now you have some bit of a history on this model i will start from when i bought it,i also painted the body myself,it is the bmw 320 si shell.

i will post up more newer updates now along the way.
cheers
dc2........[8D]
Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 PM
DarkFire989

Default RE: FG COMPETITION LINE TO EVO 09 SPEC

That BMW looks great!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
dc2 man
Banned

thanks darkfire

i also like the bmw shell,they turn out nice when done properly...
Old 03-26-2009, 09:05 PM
rckiwi

Looks good is that the Solo engine powered one? look like a Solo motor!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hello rc kiwi

yes its the solo 23cc they come with the tuned pipe also great little motor revs to the moon.....

cheers!!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:49 AM
dc2 man
Banned

UPDATE!!

so my order came from hobbythek today as mentioned on my fg beetle thread

got my solo intake mani to replaced cracked one that i overtorqued,and four sets of fg dtm tyres to add to my pit stop lol

take a look at my selection for this summer now.

i will have some vids soon on this,cant wait to run it today

cheers lads

dc2 man.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the first time i have wanted anything related to BMWThe Carson looks like a nice and good car,except form the radio.Seems a bit toy-ish
Old 03-27-2009, 04:31 PM
dc2 man
Banned

well lars yes the radio is cheap but i have it upgraded to the spectrum dx3.0 so its much better.
few pictures here of my workbench and some of my spares both alloy and plastic.....lol

some pics and vids.

thats where i run this model lol its huge,a huge unused carpark belong to a friend,its attached to his factory...

hope you like pictures cause plenty of them here lol....
Old 03-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Lars from Norway

Holy sheetLooks like you have some 15-16 extra cars there in parts,haha!I am drooling a bit over the Spectrum radio,but as i mentioned in my chainsaw thread i love my Futaba 3PK,hard to part with it
Old 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hey lars (oh my god just bought a futaba today lol)

great you also have a futaba 3pk??? i just got one also lol.....

i needed a good radio for both machines so rather than swapping over the whole time with the spectrum reciever i bought another transmittor radio set the 3pk futaba.... i bought it today actually in a model shop in galway,i will post up pics of it shortly,now i have a few questions on it for you?

funny that you mentioned this radio now lol lol

so i have decided to use this futaba for the carson and the spectrum for fg.

you know the way you got to hook the transmittor up to the reciever for the first time,well there is a little switch on the reciever which actually is a diagnostic switch yeah,so you press it and it tells you whats going on (as you know) now when i have everything switched on and press this switch on the reciever it flashes green/red sequences allthough everything works ok!!

im confused by this,that reads trouble on the manual aparently if it flashes that way.....what do you think??
Old 03-29-2009, 05:48 AM
FS*MT*4WD

hi dc2man
your onroad looks real nice, i like the bmw shell, vids are great too!! have you ever had a 4wd onroad?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:01 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hey fs 4x4 mt

thanks for the compliment!!

never had a 4x4 onroad but they must handle great......

i love the ass out action of the rear 2 wd though its cool.

have you had one?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 AM
dc2 man
Banned

so all here are the transmittors i have now for my two machines(not the rest of my nitro stuff) i am going to use this new futaba on the carson onroad it is the 3pm model and i will use my spectrum dx3.0 on my fg beetle.

here is few pics.

dc2 man....
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Lars from Norway

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

so i have decided to use this futaba for the carson and the spectrum for fg.

you know the way you got to hook the transmittor up to the reciever for the first time,well there is a little switch on the reciever which actually is a diagnostic switch yeah,so you press it and it tells you whats going on (as you know) now when i have everything switched on and press this switch on the reciever it flashes green/red sequences allthough everything works ok!!

im confused by this,that reads trouble on the manual aparently if it flashes that way.....what do you think??
Do you mean to bind the transmitter and the receiver?Sorry,i havent been in to this as i dont have this radio.I have enough with the 3PK,i have owned the radio for about three years now and still i find new functions on it
Old 03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
dc2 man
Banned

no i didnt mean bind as such i meant the flashing light on the reciver when it blinks green and red at same time,its ok i got it sorted out now...lol

looks like a good transmittor.[8D]
Old 03-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Lars from Norway

Ok!Was this on the Spectrum or the Futaba by the way?I dont have such fancy flashing light-stuff on my Futaba receiversExcept from the transmitter,there is a flashing light when the ABS engages on the brakes[8D]
Old 03-29-2009, 02:30 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hey lars

am its on the reciver man,ah its just a little diagnostic tool.

well did you get up to anything exciting today then? any work on those machines?

i bought in the carson car yesterday to get it up and running with the new intake manifold as i mentioned on an earlier post,and was trying to get it up and running for today,such bad luck i had..........ahhhhhh [:@] last week i stripped down the carburettor to clean it/check it and i never realised i lost the small plastic clear gasket that goes in to the carb........how i noticed this is when i was at my running ground yesterday with the car and couldnt prime fuel to the bulb lol so i will order one in the morning from hobbythek and should be up and running during the week...[>:]

i just said i would log in here for a moment just going to the cinema now in a minute with the missus to see that new film the knowing with nicholas cage,it looks good lol

so any news lars?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Lars from Norway

Got the resistors in the mail today,so no i can solder the rest of the LED's together.Sooner or later there will be an update in my MarderFocus thread
Old 03-30-2009, 02:24 PM
dc2 man
Banned

looking forward to more of your work lars.....sure thats the best thing about this hobby,there will always be something to be done with them lol

i will have my carson up and running this weekend now all going well (if weather is good) for some new videos and i will test out the new futaba radio also.

dc2 man
Old 03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Lars from Norway

I cant quite imaging this plastic clear gasket in the carb you are talking about that you are missing,do you have a link or picture to it/of it?

Yep,always something to improve or modify on these cars!Unfortunately the company which i ordered from sent me the wrong values for the resistors,so i dont get to solder them togeter[:'(]
Old 03-30-2009, 02:57 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ahh crap nothing worse than that man.......i hate getting the wrong parts,when i was at my fg i was waiting for all the elcon rear end parts to match the elcon drivetrain unit and hobbythek never sent me the rear alloy elcon diff mounts,ahhh i had the fg out and all the tools and ready to have at it before i realised i never got them,(there explaination-forgot to send them) ahhhh that was anoying,had to wait another week lol

the plastic clear gasket is located in the very bottom of the carb along with the rubber diaphram,lars if you look at a walbro carb at one end you will see the primer bulb well the other end there is a plate with a screw to clean the carb,remove the screw and then plate and you will find them there....

i will show you it friday when i get it,i cant be bothered now to rip apart my fg one to show you lol

too much work and spilled petrol lol
Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 PM
dc2 man
Banned

thought i would get my carburettor gasket today from hobbythek but no sign of it untill monday.....

should get it up and running now monday...[8D]
Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Lars from Norway

Please remeber to take a pic of the plastic clear gasketI still havent figured it out yet!

By the way,i got the resistors yesterday,now i am done with the soldering
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hello lars

i will have my carb gasket monday now,hobbythek said i would have it friday but got delayed with stock.

i will show you what i am talking about when i get it.

cant wait to run it again,its been a bit now........

man you would miss the buzz lol
Old 04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
dsales

I also have a carson c5 (but with a CY engine) and need some help with it. About 2 months ago when i was driving it the engine started to go erratic (rpms suddenly dropped and it would want to turn off when i went full throttle) then all the electronics on board went crazy and i lost all control, the car went full throttle and spun in circles...
Now when i turn on the reciever nothing happens at all, its dead, does anyone know whats wrong? is the reciever fried?

Also does the car hook up well with the FG tyres as i cant even get this thing to go in a straight line when i even apply the slightest bit of throttle, it just spins...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.