Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

BIG homemade gasoline buggy (1:4) with 100cc kart engine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

BIG homemade gasoline buggy (1:4) with 100cc kart engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
SlideZ32
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG homemade gasoline buggy (1:4) with 100cc kart engine

Now that's a buggy. If you can't tell us who bought it, can you at least what country it's going? And how much?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
kingpin123

man all this hype and we all never got to see it run and see what it could do!!!!!! i mean it is nice to see it but running is another thing
Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Wow thats awesome!!![X(] But why in the world would you sell it?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-22-2009, 12:08 PM
rc-cellar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JariV - I run one Toney-050 off a lead-acid motorcycle battery.
Reads 13.2 volts when fully charged, no regulator.
Lots of run-time and never had a problem.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Wow thats awesome!!![X(] But why in the world would you sell it?[sm=confused.gif]
I know the sentiment, as if I too invested this much time, effort, and money to build such a beauty of a machine, I would have to be in rather dire straights to have to sell it.

I do hope he can get those servos so we can see this TC running, the sheer size alone is impressive, I cant wait to see the massive clods of dirt it be sure to kick up!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
JariV

Sorry to let you down on the dirt part SavageJim. I have agreed with the buyer that I will NOT test the setup anywhere else than asphalt. And to assure every one of you; I will post a video of it running in the near future but on tarmac only.

I'm not in dire straits but I also got a great opportunity along with the payment. I couldn't say no to that. I will also build a new large scale car but will most likely also take part in developing some possibly commercial tuning parts for a HPI Baja. Time will tell if I succeed or not.

I do understand that the car has got a lot of hype and I am the one who started this thread. So if you feel frustrated with my actions then just say so. I can stop this writing. But I'm assuming that is not what is wanted. I wanted to make the car available to rc-community as just something of interest and diversity. Maybe some enjoyment as well.

rc-cellar; THAT was very interesting piece of info!! What dia wire do use to feed the power to the servo? Same diameter as the original lead wire?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Heli-Flyer
My Feedback: (8)

More power to you for making some money on your hobby. I can only wish to be in your shoes where I can freely create something of my design and have someone offer me a nice chunk of change that is hard to refuse. Congrats!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
MASTERCHIEF199611

even though i dont play with buggies and cars alot.i still think that it looks cool.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

"I do understand that the car has got a lot of hype and I am the one who started this thread. So if you feel frustrated with my actions then just say so. I can stop this writing."

It just woulda been nice to see its full potential before being put up on a shelf to collect dust.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
JariV

before putting it on a shelf...

I could say that you shouldn't start assuming things about people you don't know
A famous saying: "Assumption is the mother of all ****ups"
Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 PM
nhoj_yelbom

nice work, cant wait to see some new videos!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:36 PM
MASTERCHIEF199611

how fast does it go in mph?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
JariV

First very careful driving test was a success. Chassis and suspension works really good. Suspension is still a bit stiff but you will just need to break it in by driving it and keeping the suspension end plays in tolerance. In the video I was extremely careful; I never even gave it full throttle.
In this video the engine is way too lean on upper RPMs until halfway of the video the engine just "booos". Then I gradually increase the mixture and it starts revving. I did it this way to make sure it doesn't kill anybody since I drove in my home street. After halfway of the video I gave it some more throttle and the max rpm gage that I had put in as a temporary means of mearurement showed 6800 max rpms in the video, please remember the engine is more than willing to get past 16.000rpms and it performs best between 9.000-16.000, the clutch is fully engaged at 5500 rpms. The GPS that was also in showed the max speed with that rpm in the video was 49 km/h. I didn't dare to drive any faster due to public safety.
And as you can notice the turning radius is about 5 meters. Brakes work ok, it doesn't lock the rear wheels on clean asphalt but even with a very little amount of sand on the asphalt you can aid the turning by braking as shown in the video where it locks the rear wheels due to little amount of road sand. I will adjust the ABS into the transmitter, that will ease the driving. Theres also a little wheelspin present as you can see from the video if you look closely.
I know this is not what you asked for but I do not want to wreck it. I will do another test in a more open area and shoot some video of that as well.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
JariV

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...2052009004.flv
Old 05-12-2009, 02:56 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

ORIGINAL: wahoo

"I do understand that the car has got a lot of hype and I am the one who started this thread. So if you feel frustrated with my actions then just say so. I can stop this writing."

It just woulda been nice to see its full potential before being put up on a shelf to collect dust.

I don't think this one will be sitting on a shelf. The new buyer uses all of his cars.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
JariV

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

I don't think this one will be sitting on a shelf. The new buyer uses all of his cars.
Obviously you know him well then. I emailed him the soonest I made this test and am starting now to organize the transportation unless he wants me to do some special tests to the car.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:45 PM
wan6176

u make me crazy........... btw i send u a pm jariv.... my blueprint completed.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 PM
JariV

Pm'd you back wan. Sorry that it took a while.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 AM
martsrc

Don't let some of the comments get to you. Your the creator of this finely crafted machine and you can do with it what you will. Some people like to create art as in your case and then move on to the next masterpiece. If you are able to sell it, then more power to you. I look forward to following along on your next project.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 PM
wan6176

yeah...it inspired me too....
Old 05-18-2009, 11:09 AM
JariV

My car has left my premises and is on it's way to have a meeting with the new owner.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
cuemando

I can't wait to see the next one! I too am inspired and beginning to wonder where to stop the dreaming. How about a CR 480 air cooled, four speed trans. Run big servos. ATV wheels and shocks, 6 ch system for gears/clutch, hydraulic of course, F/R brakes also hydraulic and stuff. Full alloy cage and chassis....Magneto so no batteries, just a kick starter, onboard air compressor for the air horns and all the bells and whistles........Hey and while I'm dreaming,,,,hmmmm,,,lets TWIN TURBO IT..AND.....Wake up cuemando. The dream is over now.......But really JariV, good job....
Old 05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
JariV

cuemando, YOU have a bright future!!! That is exactly the kind of craziness one needs with these.

And you guys don't know how right you are when you try to inspire me to build another one. Rest your cases. You dont need to do that since my head is already working and I planned to top the previous one... and not only slightly
Old 05-28-2009, 01:18 PM
JariV

The new owner went public:

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=60291

Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

The reason for my post was this....

quote]ORIGINAL: JariV

Sorry to let you down on the dirt part SavageJim. I have agreed with the buyer that I will NOT test the setup anywhere else than asphalt. And to assure every one of you; I will post a video of it running in the near future but on tarmac only.

[/quote]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.