Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

G'day from OZ 1/5 land.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 AM
cuemando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G'day from OZ 1/5 land.

Hope all the shiny sides are up out there,
I'm quite new to this stuff but learning quick. I love looking at all these home made things and it's got the creative juices flowing. I've got a couple of saw motors to play with and a plasma cutter, Tig welder and heaps of hand tools and bits of scrap(aluminium, chromemoly and titanium) floating about. I've been watching some R/C tractor pulling and drags and this has really excited me for a project in the near future. Plus I've got too many other projects that are yet to be started, finished or forgotten about but that's another story. But first thing's first, I've still gotta get this thing off my pool table. I love my 8 ball, billiards too much to have the table out of action so the Comanche has priority at the moment.
Anyhow, I better get back to it as I hate sitting here typing, my hands feel wasted! They like to be dirty and/or holding a rum or passing special love on to a cat!
Chat to ya's all soon.
Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15545.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1191902  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 AM
dc2 man
Banned

Default RE: G'day from OZ 1/5 land.

hello
and welcome to the forum man

i run too models here with two threads here (fg beetle from elcon gods) and (carson onroad new start my style) welcome to comment any time man.

nice looking work place you have there,what you intending on making?

ever consider making an onroad car?

looking forward to your building........
Old 05-04-2009, 05:06 AM
cuemando

Thanks dc2 man,

Yeah, the work area is nice but better for it's intended use but it's got internet and TV close. I live in the bush/country and off road suits me better as I like a bit of air time. On-road may come later after I attempt a dragster of some kind, either a rail or funny car inspired chainsaw driven beast. I love that these things will take NOS. Tractor pulling looks cool too.

Are these clone diffs the same as the FG ones?

Catch ya soon.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 AM
dc2 man
Banned

well there are lots of aftermarket diffs which will fit fg,but you would need to check that now...so many available..

me myself would just get the alloy fg upgraded diff as it is excellent and not much more expensive than clones.....
Old 05-04-2009, 07:16 AM
cuemando

This is just amazing, all this stuff and good people with crazy ideas, a bloke is having trouble staying focused. I need some help with find better wheels and tyres. They are all quite expensive so I guess that's the norm? I looked at daniel's pitstop and powerslide racing but there isn't much there for 1/5 trucks I don't know where to look overseas or who will ship to Australia.
Any suggestions? Anybody?
Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 AM
dc2 man
Banned

hello again

do you know what i would suggest to you,try hobbythek germany.(rc car online) link below.... i always buy from them and im sure they would also ship to you,prob take around a week or so give or take a day,and i think shipping wouldnt be that bad......

check this out.

i use these always and most people i know also buy from them.

if you do enquire from them please mention that i sent you or my girlfriend nicola bennis.

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lsh...eklebt,,,,.htm

they ship world wide,FAST.

hope it is ok to post this link?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
mikeinoz

ORIGINAL: cuemando

This is just amazing, all this stuff and good people with crazy ideas, a bloke is having trouble staying focused. I need some help with find better wheels and tyres. They are all quite expensive so I guess that's the norm? I looked at daniel's pitstop and powerslide racing but there isn't much there for 1/5 trucks I don't know where to look overseas or who will ship to Australia.
Any suggestions? Anybody?
What are you looking for in the way of different wheels and tyres? If you want bigger then MCD MT are the biggest around, if you want similar to what you already have but better quality then FG MT rims and tyres would be the go. Give PowerSlide Racing a call you will find out a lot more that way than just cruising sites.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
cuemando

Hey,
Are river hobbys tyres any good?
How much per pair?