Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

proline is making graphite chasssis for bajas

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

proline is making graphite chasssis for bajas

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 AM
circa5angles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: proline is making graphite chasssis for bajas

I just picked up a used hpi baja, it has a vertigo front shock tower I think.  The front arms are toast, I was looking at getting RPM front arms.  Do they really need to be modified to be used with that tower? 

Damn cant companies make parts to work with stock, or stock fitting parts work together!   Thinking I should have bought a Redcat or something else.

And damn if this chasis is really only going to be 150 ish, I'm all over it!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Ballistic Lunacy
Banned

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

ORIGINAL: Ballistic Lunacy

The RPM warranty is only against manufacturing defects, its not a lifetime warranty against bashing so if they're fine then just go ahead and mod them.
I was told if I was to modify them my warranty VOIDED, same as if I were to modify them to use my VERTIGO front shock tower they would have been voided as well..

Of course, but you should understand the lifetime warranty RPMgives you is not to say that if it ever goes wrong they will replace it FOC, it will only be replaced if it was deemed to be a manufacturing issue. Further it is only for use on a stock vehicle, if you have a heavily modded Baja, with a high output engine, gearing, all sortsof heavier then stock parts, any parts infact which arn'tstock and are anywhere near the arms,then guess what, according to the T&C then your warranty isn't worth jack.

What I'm saying is test your RPM arms out for a while, give them a fair test - everything you would normally do. If they pass then mod them and forget about the warranty.

Q: What is the RPM warranty policy?

A:
It is a common misperception that RPM has a "no questions asked" warranty policy. Although we do have the best warranty in the R/C industry, it is not "no questions asked". The following text describes in detail what our warranty does and does not cover, subject to RPM final review.

If you manage to break an RPM molded product under normal operating conditions<sup>(1)</sup>, we will replace that part at no further cost to you<sup>(2)</sup>. Normal operating conditions covers most types of driving conditions that an unmodified, stock R/C vehicle would normally encounter, including most normal bumps, jumps, and road hazards. RPM will not warranty a broken or damaged part if it has been modified in any way (or if the part breaks due to modifications elsewhere on the vehicle that directly affects the RPM part in question). This includes, but is not limited to, drilling, grinding, filing, etc., nor will we warranty any part that has been worn out through extended use and / or abuse. In addition, it is nearly impossible to crush an RPM part under normal operating conditions, therefore crush damage of any sort will not be covered. Please use common sense to determine if the breakage was caused by a materials or workmanship issue. We take great pride in the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into each and every RPM part. Therefore, we take our customer service related issues just as seriously and we will do everything possible to resolve legitimate warranty related claims. RPM reserves the right to final judgment regarding all warranty issues. Every RPM part sent in for warranty review will be reviewed by a member of the RPM staff to determine whether or not the guidelines of the RPM warranty policy apply.

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/faq/warranty.htm

Old 05-19-2009, 03:26 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: circa5angles

I just picked up a used hpi baja, it has a vertigo front shock tower I think. The front arms are toast, I was looking at getting RPM front arms. Do they really need to be modified to be used with that tower?

Damn cant companies make parts to work with stock, or stock fitting parts work together! Thinking I should have bought a Redcat or something else.

And damn if this chasis is really only going to be 150 ish, I'm all over it!

yes the arms have to be modified but not much...cause RPM eliminates the spacer in the arm, while Vertigo does the same thing with his shock tower..you just need to shave a small amount of the arms...