Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

xrc buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:06 AM
apache 56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xrc buggy

hi all. well i hav r/c boats and race 1/4 scale speedway.

what idd like to hear from you guys is your thorts. good or bad, as it was given to me ..
i was given a new xrc buggy . from a mate that used it one time and never found the time to use it again..
he has just replaced the servo with hevy duty servo`s.
i was just going to use it for my daughter to use and my girlfrend so thay get use to driving r/c . and also for me to do a bit of paddock bashing also.

what i was wanting to know who suplys the parts for this car .
i find that the stock motor realy lacks in bottom end and was going to put one of my new 23cc zenoahs i have sitting around.
also is there a tuned pipe avalable for it (as it has the exaust exeting out the front and down?)
also are the gearing changable on it like the baja style car?.

seeing as the car was free i dont mind changing a cupple of things on it as i have the new motor already and was just going to put a tuned pipe on it , if avalable .
and cange one or two other things if it would make it go enny better. if not ill just leave it as is and let my famaly have some fun with it ..

cheers guys......
Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

Default RE: xrc buggy

well, since it was free and you didnt spend the hard earned money on it, i will say its not all that great, and there are very little to no part upgrades for it. some fg parts will fit, but you'll have to experament. im pretty positive that fg gears will fit. as far as pipes? very limited. you can try some of the fg on-road style pipes, but the body will get in the way. i think the motor sits too low for an X-can exhoust. the zehaoh 23 will bolt right on. the xrc motors have horible porting wich really kills any power. you can look into fg front suspension arms. i think they will fit, but im not sure. the only place i know for parts is in the states.
you can ask them if they have any aussie dealers
http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/StoreFront
Old 07-10-2009, 03:13 PM
bentley marshall

sell it and buy something better ..... a smartech travler will be 10 x better than a xrc and parts are not a prob to get for the travler.
just dont buy a baja they are money pits
Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

i would agree with selling it, but its only worth about $300.00 and they are hard to sell.. so just work with what you have. and im sure bently is talking about the fg baja, unless you enjoy waiting for parts and getting reemed with prices..LOL..
Old 07-11-2009, 12:13 AM
bentley marshall

nope im talking hpi or any other clone baja
Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 AM
apache 56

na ill be keeping it ,its got new dig servo`s and ive got a cupple new zenoahs sitting around . and its only going to be used every now and then and we will just use it till it stops and if we can find cheep parts well then replace it . as im not convinced that the smart tec, baja etc buggys or there clones are that much better as guys i know do have things let go on them al the time also. yer i know there not the best but hay when somone gives you somthing that is new and works . well it will do.

kryptonite5b cheers for the link to that site. seems there parts avalable for them . so we will just padock bach it and see what happen`s ... yer im not realy lookin to spend dbig dollars on just a padock basher. im more into my 1/4 scale speedway and boats
but the g/f and kids will get some use out of it.