Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

6 from the summit. High speed Baja (Miami Style)

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

6 from the summit. High speed Baja (Miami Style)

Old 08-02-2009, 09:48 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6 from the summit. High speed Baja (Miami Style)

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

ORIGINAL: badboy2

[X(] man that was awesome! what engine was that?and what gearing?
The engine is a ported G260 from ONB. It was kind of a special request from the guys to see if it will work and so far so good. The gearing I cant disclose at the moment. Sorry
O'Niels are great! To me, they ONBs feel like they perform a bit better than ESPs, and I am sure that there those who will say ESPs are better than ONBs, but from my own experience in running these, I feel the ONB has the edge. Maybe it's just my choice of pipes.

Cant disclose the gear ratio? You tease! Well, at least lest us know this: are you using gear ratios that can be bought or did you have custom gears cut for your RC?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

ORIGINAL: TheFgMan01

thats pretty damn fast! Good driving man! must be hard to keep in a straight line
The fact that theyre so big, They pretty much handle their own when it comes to going straight. You can almost let the remote go and theyll continue to run straight.
This is so true. The RC itself literally drives it self when going in a straight line, so long as you tuned your suspension correctly and have you servos and steering lingages trimmed properly.

Something else I also noticed: A shell makes a world of difference in aerodynamics and the ability for the RC to stay straight and true on a straight run line. The shell, especially like the FG buggies, even provide some down force, and a bit more with a spoiler so that your wheel traction makes the RC hug the road and better improve handling at speed.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

SAVAGEJIM, The gears are not custom. Its actually a 28/36 gearing on the clutch/spur. I kinda feel the same way about ONB. I've had a few ONB motors and for some reason, the guys with the ESP just seem to run the same and I couldnt see where the extra $$ was going.

The wing issue is not a big issue with my baja. I actually stopped running the FG wing because it broke so easily since its made out of plexyglass and started running the HPI Baja wing. The problem is that when we started getting to a certain speed, the HPI wing, being so flimsy, actually started to vibrate horribly and that caused the baja to start swiving. I took the wing off and the problem was solved. I dont know if you can see it in the video or not but if you pay close attention, my baja actually has a mock windshield made from thin plexyglass. This helped some with the aerodynamics as well.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
tiggerman

nice work