Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Pro-Line HPI Baja CF parts are out.

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Pro-Line HPI Baja CF parts are out.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-Line HPI Baja CF parts are out.

Pro-line CF HPI Baja parts are ready to hit the streets. Only problem is there not anywhere near as cheap as I had hoped. []
http://www.prolineracing.com/p-706-c...baja-5b5t.aspx
Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Pro-Line HPI Baja CF parts are out.

ORIGINAL: 46u

Pro-line CF HPI Baja parts are ready to hit the streets. Only problem is there not anywhere near as cheap as I had hoped. []
http://www.prolineracing.com/p-706-c...baja-5b5t.aspx

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN>>>> thank god for tower codes
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 AM
46u

Every one was speculating earlier this year street price on the chassis of around $200 they will be around $325![] They sure do look good and one day maybe I will get one. Right now waiting to see what the end users think.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 PM
DarkFire989

With 350 on a chassis I would be worried if the frame might snap from a nasty jump.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:17 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yeee-ikes! $350 is really steep. Maybe they are trying to earn back their R&D and upstart costs for this specific line of products instead of subsidizing from profits of all their other sales of other stuff.

I do hope that is only MSRP and not street price (street price of course will be WAY cheaper than the MSRP).
Old 08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Yeee-ikes! $350 is really steep. Maybe they are trying to earn back their R&D and upstart costs for this specific line of products instead of subsidizing from profits of all their other sales of other stuff.

I do hope that is only MSRP and not street price (street price of course will be WAY cheaper than the MSRP).

DDm has them for 325.00 Tower does not have them listed yet

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.6481/.f

Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 PM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking parts, but yeah the prices seem a bit high. Still, when we start to see retailwrs stocking them the prices may be lower. I don't doubt the quality though.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 PM
hndaman1

I'am waiting to see how strong that front lip really is on those.. i know how easily the front lip on the alloy ones can "bend" and then you can bend them back, but with CF you will not have that option it will break and you will end up with a 325.00 paper weight
Old 08-15-2009, 10:27 PM
46u

On my SS I have the Turtle upper front brace and the Scorpion on the bottom from hearing about the front getting bent up. I did this before I ever fired mine up. I go to other forums that are strictly HPI Baja and there are some crazy folks on there. Tried to post there video but cannot get it to work. If it was not against RCU polices I would post a link to the forum. They must be jumping off a 20 or 30 foot hill with a plywood ramp at the top. [X(]
Old 08-15-2009, 10:29 PM
hndaman1

On my SS I have the Turtle upper front brace and the Scorpion on the bottom from hearing about the front getting bent up. I did this before I ever fired mine up. I go to other forums that are strictly HPI Baja and there are some crazy folks on there. Check this out.

http://www.whaase.com/gallery/main.p...cc9dad932d1ebb

that linky no good
Old 08-15-2009, 10:32 PM
46u

I know I edited my post! Could not get it to work but if I go the forum it is on I have no problem playing it. []
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 AM
splcrazy

why cant someone just make us a really strong plastic chassis .
Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

Like an ABS type chassis.. We use a ABS type material(dunage) @ work to put our finished automotive casting in and it is tuff as hell..I would buy that before any CF chassis..[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 AM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

Like an ABS type chassis.. We use a ABS type material(dunage) @ work to put our finished automotive casting in and it is tuff as hell..I would buy that before any CF chassis..[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
exactly my point, why spend $350 when we can get a chassis made of strong plastic that could be equal strength and weight to CF for a cheap price maybe around $100, and if the front snaps off its only still gonna be a cheap replacement , instead of a $350 CF item.

i would replace both my chassis for both my 5b's for plastic in an instant instead of CF.

i been saying this forever and im still waiting for a strong plastic chassis replacement for the 5b
Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

exactly my point, why spend $350 when we can get a chassis made of strong plastic that could be equal strength and weight to CF for a cheap price maybe around $100, and if the front snaps off its only still gonna be a cheap replacement , instead of a $350 CF item.

i would replace both my chassis for both my 5b's for plastic in an instant instead of CF.

i been saying this forever and im still waiting for a strong plastic chassis replacement for the 5b

I will get the info off the plastic place that makes the" dunage" for us and see if they would be willing to make a chassis? never hurts to ask right?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:14 AM
46u

Would plastic be as ridged as CF or would it have more flex? I no there is not much heat on the main chassis but plastic I do not think will take heat like CF will.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That is absolutely correct. CF is totally a heat insulator due to the triple bonds (speaking chemistry here) and will absorb WAY more heat than hydrocarbon polymers (particularly plastics).

The only issue that the heat would cause failure at in CF parts is the glue or whatever adhesive that holds the carbon together.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:41 AM
On2_n_On4

so....lose 1.02 pounds for just $929.55 [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 AM
46u

Weight is horse power and I have seen many spend a lot on a engine. What did you spend on your Zen ESP Modified & Ported 4-BOLT 27.2cc to gain a little more HP? All so the only thing I would if I could buy from PL is there chassis as there are others that make most of the other CF parts PL makes that are just as good at a MUCH cheaper price. All so if you keep looking you can pick up CF parts on eBay cheap if you take the time. 1 pound on something as small as a Baja is a lot. There is all so others things you can do like a LIFE battery, HD transmission gears and so on. For bashing yes I agree not worth it but a hard core racer it is.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
On2_n_On4

What did you spend on your Zen ESP Modified & Ported 4-BOLT 27.2cc to gain a little more HP?
1- I needed an engine
2- I wasnt looking for more HP when I bought it. I was looking for a reliable engine.
Thats why it took me 5 month of searching and waiting to decide on what to buy. (and sorry but IMO CY engines sux) [:'(]
3- I dont think $500 is that bad for this engine/clutch/carb. and if they put a little more HP sure why not? thats a plus I'll take it

most of us 5t/5b owners are bashers, but even racers jump and crash at the track. How long could these parts last?

yes u can search on ebay and maybe find them for a little less, but we are talking about this specific deal.

the whole purpose of CF parts is to lose some weight, and I know a pound could make a little difference.....but for that price? [:-]
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM
46u

I was just trying to make a point and the engine you have is a very nice engine. One day I am going to by a Zen 4 bolt when the new Zen 36mm top end comes out but I will do all the porting my self.

There is or was a guy over seas making Baja CF chassis and I heard very little or any problem with them. I would think the PL CF chassis will fair well. I all so know there are some that can mess up a anvil with a rubber hammer.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
On2_n_On4

NP man

what I would really love to see is lighter wheels and tires (same diameter as stock) that will make a huge difference for sure.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
46u

I have a picco P3 in my race savage. Yes my 5b SS needs to go on a diet it weighs around 24 pounds and is too much. With all the irons in the fire I have right not the PL CF chassis is out of the question. I have some CF to put on it and will get some more small stuff. I am all so looking at the LIFE battery which is about as good as a lipo but MUCH safer.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:13 AM
splcrazy

i want the plastic chassis for drag racing , and on road insane high speed runs ,imagine the speed it can do with a plastic chassis