Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

*** Thinking Of Selling My Baja ***

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

*** Thinking Of Selling My Baja ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
k20_94_dc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** Thinking Of Selling My Baja ***

Ok so i'm thinking of selling my Baja SS for a Redcat Rampage Mt. The Baja has about two gallons on it never ran lean. The Baja also has a new body and a spare body still in good shape just wanted a new color scheme, New proline desperado's front and rear with new proline bow ties on the front and hostile mx's on the rear. Rpm front upper and lower A-arms, Jet Pro V3 with silencer, I also have the stock front wheels and tires and the stock rear wheels with hostile mx's on them and a yamadude throttle linkage. Im trying to get a idea of a good price to ask for it

Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: *** Thinking Of Selling My Baja ***

You could always put it up on eBay, with a decent reserve if you're scared.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:31 PM
SAVAGEJIM

A totally stock one in decent condition can be about $400-500 USD. With you upgrades, and this is just a guess, I say you can get about $600-700, maybe more. The Jetpro is a really nice upgrade in itself.

As for the other hop-ups, I unfortunately do not know what value they would add; hopefully someoene else witha better feel for it will chime in.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 AM
ArancioC5

$4-500? No way. LOL. Dude, 1. why for a redcat? 2. $800 MINIMUM. HBF.com. Sell it there. Less then $7-800 and you are a fool. Bajas keep value, and I think you are making an enourmous mistake selling it for a POS redcat.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:15 AM
splcrazy

LOL , if a had a redcat id be selling that quick to be getting a baja5b instead , not the other way around ha ha ha . i always wanted a FG MT but never came around to affording one but anyway i have two 5b's thats worth approx $6000 each maybe less lol , anyway my point is my friend ended up getting the FG truck and im glad as hell that i didnt buy one , the baja5b's are just way more FUN .
Old 08-17-2009, 12:04 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

What you have in a RC vehicle and what you can get for it is two totally different things. Does this one come with any radio equipment? One thing for sure large scale hold there value better then 1/8 or smaller. My guess would be $600 to $700. If it comes with a good radio system a little more. Some times you can find a fool and there are plenty of them on eBay. I all so would not get rid of my 5b SS for a Redcat.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:24 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you REALLY want a monster truck instead of a buggy, as others would say I wouldn't give up a perfectly good Baja 5B for anything feline.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Now if you are selling to get something like a FG that would be different. But if I got a FG it would be a buggy or a F1.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Obeast44

Sent you a PM man
Old 08-19-2009, 12:27 AM
k20_94_dc

A buddy of mine has one and its a solid truck belive it or not. I thought the same thing when he said he was getting a redcat I was like no don't get that but he did and he couldn't be happier I just really want a 4x4. Im coming from a savage I like to go on rough terrain and I spend more time picking up or kicking my baja over stuff than driving it if a raced or lived near sand dunes baja all the way but I don't.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 AM
34Ford

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought they would delete a for sale post here?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 AM
k20_94_dc

Im not saying it FOR SALE
Old 08-19-2009, 08:14 AM
k20_94_dc

I just asking what's it worth
Old 08-19-2009, 07:11 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I agree with the others on this one. With as much as you have invested and upgraded on you 5B, I too say dont sell it.

If you really want a Redcat, I say hit up a used one and add that to run side-by-side with your 5B. I am absolutely sure you can find a used Redcat MT for as little as the price of a Savage XL! (Maybe cheaper!) Just hit up fleabay and also the RCU sales site and/or any other RC salse site and you can score yourself a nice deal without spending a ton.

I know you want 4WD, but believe it or not, 2WD has a character of its own. I too am a serious proponent of 4WD as I find 4WD does have some nice advantages, and I dont want this to become a 4WD vs 2WD debate as I will side with 4WD, but I admit that 2WD does have advantages in certain cases over 2WD too. And looking at the ElCon Cleon, a race grade and HIGH dollar gasser RC, that is 2WD only!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've got both a Redcat Rampage and a Baja 5b. For one, the Rampage is far from being junk as one has called it above. It's a great 4wd. Just like the Baja, it can break. FG's break as well. I have a Firehammer MT, it's broken some parts also. I personally don't think the Baja is the greatest thing in the world. Honestly, it's like driving a 1/5 scale Kyosho Ultima. I like it, but it's not the same experience as driving the 4wd Redcat.

They all have their positives and negatives. Simple as that. Buy the one that will make you happy.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

ORIGINAL: ArancioC5

$4-500? No way. LOL. Dude, 1. why for a redcat? 2. $800 MINIMUM. HBF.com. Sell it there. Less then $7-800 and you are a fool. Bajas keep value, and I think you are making an enourmous mistake selling it for a POS redcat.

the POS remark is pulled from where? let me guess. you know someone that has one? 800 minumum? you can buy them brand new for 850. im not gona give you an education as it seems as though you are pretty swift as it is
Old 08-20-2009, 06:15 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: kryptonite5b

ORIGINAL: ArancioC5

the POS remark is pulled from where? let me guess. you know someone that has one? 800 minumum? you can buy them brand new for 850. im not gona give you an education as it seems as though you are pretty swift as it is
But remember this is not a box stock 5B. This one has some really nice upgrades.

I have seen box stock ones selling used for under $500. The JetPro pipe alone adds some value.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

with the stuff u have in there u can prolly get $700-850 range.ive been thinkin of getting a rampage tt also.but maybe ill save up and buy one,i still like running 5t and 5b heheh.check ddm he got them for cheap and they come with upgrade kit and jetpro pipe.those are worth $200+ already.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 PM
mooman007uk

part it out on ebay, you'll get way more than trying to sell it in one piece....when i parted my $3k+ heavily upgraded fgbaja for a rampage (yeah they're so crap i bought another one[sm=bananahead.gif]) I got double what i could have sold it for in one piece...I got just over $2k in parts and probably would have got $900-1000 whole.

You want a tough basher that's affordable get a rampage, if you want to make 5b's look silly round a track get the TT