Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

integy front brake install pics for HPI/km baja

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

integy front brake install pics for HPI/km baja

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 PM
TCB 81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integy front brake install pics for HPI/km baja

well i bought a set of integy front brakes and when they got to me i noticed there was no directions so i looked online to find a install video or thread and couldn't find anything so i had to figure this one on my own wasn't bad the install went pretty easy some things made me think but all and all it was not bad at all. so i decided to post a few pics of my install to hopefully help some of you that bought or gonna buy a integy front brake system. so here they are hope they will help with others future installs good luck and enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32951.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1260077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33162.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1260078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67466.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1260079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43523.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1260080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb36432.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1260081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vl81405.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1260082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Df74178.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1260083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vu70642.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1260084  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt27902.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1260085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wj51725.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1260086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw93680.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1260087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fp67515.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1260088  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 PM
TCB 81

Default RE: integy front brake install pics for HPI/km baja

sorry some of my pics are blurry i take them all from my blackberry some turn out some not so great here is a few more pics hope they help..sorry if i have double pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92931.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1260089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98751.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1260090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13130.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1260091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv60745.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1260092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj64606.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1260093  
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Just to let you know, there have been huge arguments in the past over Integy; some over Integy parts, others over Integy the company itself.

If you like them, then that is great. But also know that there are others who dislike Integy and they will express their displeasure just as there are those who will put thier lives on the line becuase they love Integy that much.

If someone expresses their bad experiences with Integy, they are not bashing you because you bought this; they are disappointed with Integy itself. So do take what they might say with a grain of salt and know that they are not hating on you in any way.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Also, post a vid of you working the brakes. I want to see if that "T" piece has done away with that part torquing over and not applying adaquate tension to the cables. If it does torque over, I will tell you how to fix that.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes,that T-piece has a strange design for its purpose
Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I have the V#1 brake kit and I like it...the only part I dislike it the center rod..I also had to swap out the solid wires for bike cables they are better for me..But there are those that dis Integy that never USED integy that just jump on the bandwagon ..never mind them use what you like...[&:] there is alot of companies out there copying each other work. so everyone needs to get over it...

Old 08-22-2009, 10:59 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I want to make it clear that I have used Integy products, and I actually still use some of their stuff to this day.
I am absolutely not one of those band-wagoners.

So whatever I say, good AND bad about Integy, it is from first hand experience, from helping friends DIRECTLY with Integy stuff and solving their problems, and also from select anecdotes that are grounded from logic and reason. I can spot a bull-s**** band wagon post so I do not refer to those nor do I even give those posts the time of day by referring to them.

I can vouch for some of the people with the biggest displeasure with Integy are from their own let-downs with their OWN Integy products.

At the very least, let's be respectful of opinions from both sides. If someone posts displeasure or failure of an Integy product, dont immediately go reporting that as a bashing post because they could be very well speaking from actual truth. That is something that is seriously happening alot now in RCU now: people reporting when they should not just because they dont like what they see.

Now, if you find a BS bandwagon post and you know it to be one, yes, report that, and as a matter of fact, I will report those too because those guys do nothing but discredit people who have genuine problems with Integy.

I am playing all the cards down right now: To be honest with everyone here, I am not an Integy fan. And for you fellow guys who have had problems with Integy, let us not turn this into a broadcast of Integy problems, ESPECIALLY if you are not speaking from truth, facts, and logic.

Likewise, I strongly beseech you Integy fans to not turn this into a Spam as Much Integy Spam Fest like it has been done before.
As matter of fact, this thread does not even need to exist; this information should really have been put into the other thread started by Junior Drive:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9028810/tm.htm

That way, junior driver could have troubleshot his Integy brake kit according to the information above.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:13 AM
savagecommander

those brakes are sweet. bottom line.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:15 PM
TCB 81

quote:savagejim,
As matter of fact, this thread does not even need to exist; this information should really have been put into the other thread started by Junior Drive:

the reason i didn't post the install pics of the integy front brake system in juniors post is because his post was not about how to install integy brakes it was he was just asking for advice on what brake system he should go with so i figured well how to install pics have nothing to do with helping him decide what brakes to get so i started this thread so people that are planning or have already bought integy brakes would have something to refer to to help them with there install if needed i was just trying to help those people that might need it do to when you buy the integy front brake system it does not come with directions .. so sorry i wasted rcu space remove the thread for all i care like i said i was just trying to help and i didn't see how this thread should be put in a thread about someone asking for advice on what brake system to buy as the thread i posted had nothing to do with advice on what brake system to buy it only had advice pics on how to do the install on integy front brake system....
Old 08-22-2009, 04:33 PM
huw4027

Personally i feel it is not good business to sell a product such as that and not include instructions and
furthermore not even on there website. [sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Myself and 2 other friends figured it out but were not impressed with the performance at all so we took
them back off. [sm=48_48.gif]
Old 08-22-2009, 06:02 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Buy what you want but my opinion was formed from numerous experiences with them starting years ago and the last one about 8 months ago. I even have a rely to an email I sent them asking a question and if I where to post there reply it would get deleted and I probably would get kick off RCU. I am far from the only one!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:35 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: TCB 81

quote:savagejim,

the reason i didn't post the install pics of the integy front brake system in juniors post is because his post was not about how to install integy brakes it was he was just asking for advice on what brake system he should go with so i figured well how to install pics have nothing to do with helping him decide what brakes to get so i started this thread so people that are planning or have already bought integy brakes would have something to refer to to help them with there install if needed i was just trying to help those people that might need it do to when you buy the integy front brake system it does not come with directions .. so sorry i wasted rcu space remove the thread for all i care like i said i was just trying to help and i didn't see how this thread should be put in a thread about someone asking for advice on what brake system to buy as the thread i posted had nothing to do with advice on what brake system to buy it only had advice pics on how to do the install on integy front brake system....
I dont mean to bust your chops, and I apologize to you that my last post came out that way.

What I said was really not aimed at you directly. It is aimed at hard core Integy fans and those who dislike Integy for whatever reason. It is meant as an admonishment to these folks to not play the games and cause flames that have erupted before in RCU; even here in the Giant Scale forum.

Those were some ugly exchanges, and I admit, I too was part of that scene. It all started innocently, but then both sides erupted. After he mods put out the fires, to get back at those who said anything bad about Integy, the fans began to spam anything Integy for about a week.

I just dont want to to see this arise again. I'm not blaming you for anything and I apologize if it seems like that. I am aiming my message to those on both sides of the field to keep things civil. The mere mention of Integy anywhere in RCU is a volatile thing. You can say it in the HPI forum, the General Forum, the Buggy Forum, or wherever and it can become ugly.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:45 PM
TCB 81

i think the thing is and i could be wrong but i think the problem is integy can produce a product that is for example not 260 dollars but can charge 80 for something that does the same thing and that makes the guys that are charging 260 dollars upset because now there sales are dropping.so then rumors start and people that never even had a integy part in there hand start siding with who they think is cool.what i mean is if all the sudden everyone started saying integy is the best bang for the buck and its the new happening hop up company then i bet 95% of RC guys would follow and start buying and talking good about integy.it seems to me like high school all over again what ever style of shoes or clothes are in at the time is what people buy and talk about i think its childish with whats going on with this integy thing.so what if they copy idea's now this is just a guess but i bet 90% of the RC world is copies of each others stuff its just the companies that copy a product puts there own twist on it is all.. its the same thing with hpi/km/sq/tq ect.its ridiculous just because one person don't like the idea of a clone or a copy doesn't mean its a bad company i look at it as the clone or copy company is just making it easier for those of us that cant afford the high dollar stuff to get parts we need. i didn't make this thread to argue about what or who is better or if integy is good or bad i just simply wanted to help people that bought the product make their install go easier...so not to sound like a jerk can we please stop with the childish comments and arguments about integy and companies that clone or copy.. people have the right to buy and use what ever product they choose i mean the fact of the matter is i bought the km baja 002 and put integy parts on it and it cost me half what it would have cost if i had bought the hpi baja and put turtle parts on it and i have just as much fun for half the money now I'm not saying that the clone/copy products or better I'm just saying i have just as much fun with them as i would with the high dollar name brand stuff and if i remember right this hobby is supposed to be about the fun not rather you have name brand or clone /copy products.just my 2 cents i hope i didn't offend anyone I'm just tired of the childish comments based on opinion...
Old 08-22-2009, 08:40 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Many who do have complaints about Integy have actually had them. I have. and many posts from people who express disappointment have actually had them too. It is not because Integy is taking away sales from other makers that rumors arise, it is becuase I and many others have had them and they failed. We bought them because they were cheap and they look nice. And because they were cheap parts, they were also inferior parts. And that is why they can sell them so cheaply. So the complaints in this sense do not come from the competition, it came from actual users.

I can assure you that the complaints from the angry are not from bandwagoning. Also, by reading posts of those who dare to lie, you can easily see their inconsistencies and point out their BS. Those are the jerks who have never had anything Integy.
I have had Integy and many of their stuff have failed me. And also, when I looked up posts form others who have had the same stuff I bought, I see the same failures that I experienced.
Now when a jerk comes on and lies, he makes up problems that do not match what failed for me and the others. That guy is the liar and he is the one full of BS trying to bandwagon. And I have no problems pushing such a guy out of said wagon because all he does is discredit those of us who really have had problems.

All I am trying to say is that there is not as much bandwagoning as you might think there are. More people are telling the truth instead of bashing for no reason. I know I would not be angry for a piece that never broke on me (It only makes sense, if I never had it, it can never break on me).
But to temper that thought, also know that there are facts that people know even without seeing it in person. You dont need to have seen a bear in real life to know that a bear can kill you. The same goes with RC parts. Some members in here are very factually keen and can look at a part and analyze it with a high degree of accuracy without even having held the piece in their hands. Does this mean such a person would be bandwagoning to bash if he pointed out weaknesses? Not really, it would simply be that person giving an objective analysis based on the facts that he knows.

You mentioned it makes you happy, and that is a good thing. You are satisfied with you kit and to you and your RC fun, that is all that counts. For the posts concerning disappointment, do take it with a grain of salt because for you, your parts work okay. If anything, try not to let those posts get to you. And also, those guys are not bashing on you or taking stabs at you.

Also, like I said above, if you have a problem with your linkage and cable pulling pieces, just let me know and I will still help you out. I can help you fix that specific problem.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:13 PM
TCB 81

i understand some of you have had trouble with integy products just the same as you I'm sure had problems with higher priced brand products i know i have had issues with both the higher priced and cheaper priced brand stuff like just the other day my brand new 2 day old hitec servo crapped out on me so i know we all have issues with products but the thing is i think that should be discussed in a different thread this thread was posted to help people that bought or are gonna buy the integy front brake system and some how it got turned into a how bad or good integy is thread i just hope we can get the thread back on track to help those people that need help with the install of the integy front brake system...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:38 PM
SAVAGEJIM

To make you first post instructional, you should add step by step written instructions to go along with the pics. For example:

"Step 1: Assemble the caliper assembly by matching the two caliper plates to the caliper carrier; line up the bolts (whatever their part numbers are) and tighten down only 2/3 of the way down" and if there are special instructions like "...make sure the caliper pad with the arrow (or notch, or whatever marking) is the caliper that goes on FIRST, otherwise the caliper assembly will be backwards..." etc.

As for you 5645MG, what went wrong with it? How did it fail in only two days? The 5645 is not a top of the line servo, it is a mid-grade servo. The RTR servos that come on RTR RCs are the low grade ones. None the less, the 5645 should have never failed you that fast even if it is not a high grade servo. These are very reliable servos.
Take a pic with you blackberry of your 5645 and post a pic of it. I want to see if the case is blackened or melted from the motor failure. Or if the case is bowed or bulged, from the torque twisting and warping the gear geometry inside the case. etc.
If we can rule out the servo as being the fault, we can go on to the next item up in the totem pole to fix your problem: the RC and the radio itself.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:56 PM
TCB 81

well i didn't get to specific with details on the instruction part of the install hints why i name the post integy front brake install pics not directions i figured people could gather enough info from looking at the pics to be able to put them together.i know most of the time when something i get comes with directions i very rarely read them anyhow i get most my info from looking how its put together from the pics in the book lol...but if you guys want ill go back and edit step by step directions if you feel the need..as for my servo i don't want to post it here because that's just another topic off the topic of this thread but if you want i can start a new one or you can suggest a thread to post it in thank you for your concern and willingness to help...
Old 08-23-2009, 12:29 AM
TCB 81

ORIGINAL: huw4027

Personally i feel it is not good business to sell a product such as that and not include instructions and
Myself and 2 other friends figured it out but were not impressed with the performance at all so we took
what did you guys do with the front brake systems you took off if you still have them would you consider selling them since you dont like them also would you post a pic of them if you will sell?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
huw4027

ORIGINAL: TCB 81

ORIGINAL: huw4027

what did you guys do with the front brake systems you took off if you still have them would you consider selling them since you dont like them also would you post a pic of them if you will sell?
Yes indeed i would sell them...one was never used,still in bag and the other was used for a short time.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
TCB 81

sent pm so we dont load up the forum with us making deals lol...
Old 08-27-2009, 12:55 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used tons of integy stuff of various kinds, liked some and didn't like some. I've used these brakes (not extensively but enough) and they seem excellent for the price. Fills a good niche between simpler and cheaper rear brake system upgrades and the ultra high end disk brake systems.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:12 AM
RickyIS300

All the Integy parts I got for my 5B are top notch. You are going to see the same individuals going after Integy and bash them, they are beyond biased and this makes you wonder about their motives. IMO just too much energy spent trying to put down a brand, it will be almost equivalent to keep preaching how bad Microsoft is. I love all my Integy parts. If you don't like Integy, fine get over it and try not to waste our time reading your pointless posts over and over. It's not about Integy product or the company, it's about those same individuals wasting our time and taking up the bandwidth. Just my $.02!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Don_Zoltan

Hi!

I'm brand new to this forum. I'vehadmy 5b for a few years now and I just bought a set of these brakes I also got a Hitec HS-7955TG to go with them. RC is just fun for me, I'm not into the whole brand war thing, I just want to get these brakes on my car. I've searched everywhere but can't find any instructions.

I know this thread is pretty old but if someone has written instructions on how to install these brakes I would greatly appreciate it. The pics are great but I'm one of those old school guys who needs to read what they are doing. Any help you guys can give me would be great!!!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!