Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

DC2/GT5/C5/FG/EVO/ELCON/CAD/BEETLE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

DC2/GT5/C5/FG/EVO/ELCON/CAD/BEETLE

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 04:05 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DC2/GT5/C5/FG/EVO/ELCON/CAD/BEETLE

hey slaw
lol true,this time of year its easy get distracted....bills bills bills but its all worth it to enjoy the season holliday.

ill tell you an even better one slaw i thought,I MEAN i really thought i had twice the mix doubled & i made a new mix but it STILL DIDNT sort the problem.i had it out this evening with new fuel and bamm same story......... so now slaw a new strip down is on the cards for me here......

more time to be spent at this again im afriad......

just when you think you have something sorted it just catches you unaware.....

im actually looking forward to stripping it down this time to see whats up with it.

i think now i might definatly need a new set of fuel lines (as you suggested also) maybe a tank and new 813.............BUT first im going to do a full strip down of engine and inspect THE LOT......

ill keep you posted slaw
Old 12-24-2009, 07:01 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DC: like I have mentioned..get the stud fixed..Cut that jet pipe too make a header....
new carb(813) your 668 stock will get you by for now...new lines & klunker......
Every 5 gallons fuel I use I replace the fuel lines..But that just how I do it.......
At 10 gallons I will put on a new carb....It is just cheaper this way for me and less problems....
Carbs are cheap..same as fuel line.......Good maintance..too keep the rc unit running.....
at approx 25 hours you should rering the piston....inspect the inside of the cylinder......
In the end you will get a Victory pipe....there priced about the same as,,samba or jet pipe now
like $239USD..not sure on actual price..check you frendly suppliers...I know you said you order from
DDM in the USA..but you will have duty taxes for imports....You may find a victory pipe
in the Netherlands with less duty & shipping costs............Slawhammer
Old 12-25-2009, 06:15 AM
dc2 man
Banned

cool slaw....i may be going at it later this evening by the fire lol so i will keep you posted...

SO WHAT DID SANTA BRING YOU?

well santa was very kind to me this christmas with a megamonster on the way in early january with all available hop ups,2 sets of rims/tyres a 29cc cy engine and monster shell. 2.4ghz radio

now i also got a samsung camcorder (for girlfriends use for my videos lol ) this has a huge spec and allows you to edit vids and lots more....

i got tamiya paints from the missus around 8 differnt colours,for my onroad fg competition car or Gt5-r i got a marcus fieldman cross speed kit (recent uk world champion)........drool

lots of new clothes also & 3 playstation 3 games ....
assasions creed 2,uncharted 2,cal of juraez

now me and the missus bought the 4 year old son a mini quad and that pipe looks amazing,check it out,there is a 4 bolt motor in there also im guessing 60cc...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37290.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	1341466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49952.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1341467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35898.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1341468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35432.jpg
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1341469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10310.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1341470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20072.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1341471   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28847.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1341472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20778.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1341473  

Old 12-26-2009, 12:14 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

dc: what do u mean i need to mod the jetpro??its bolt on tho, right??

anyone running without the side plates on the fg truck??can u pls post pix?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:08 PM
mooman007uk

badboy he's gonna cut it into a 2 piece like the vrc...if you want the best pipe get the standard VRC for stock 26cc motor...if it's a ported motor a dom, jetpro or wait for the VRC propipe to come out for the FG's...should be too much longer before these are released

Dan save yourself all the hassle and bodging and get a helicoil kit...they are the easiest thing to insert and will do the job properly the first time, literally takes no more than 5mins.

Ill PM you the fleabay link, they have complete kit with the drill bit, tap, insert tool and coils
Old 12-26-2009, 01:38 PM
slawhammer

DC: Mooman is correct on the heli coil kit...To do it right the first time...
But you indicated you did not want the hassle or you think you may have a hard time to do the heli coil your self...
That is why I suggeted using JB Weld as a alternative method...to hold the stud......
I still say just hold off buy the VRC pro pipe and be done with it....You alrady have mega dollars invested in your
car now....You mat as well have the best pipe for it as well.......
Now as to santa...he just went right on by..never stopped here.............Slawhammer
Old 12-26-2009, 08:03 PM
badboy2

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

badboy he's gonna cut it into a 2 piece like the vrc...if you want the best pipe get the standard VRC for stock 26cc motor...if it's a ported motor a dom, jetpro or wait for the VRC propipe to come out for the FG's...should be too much longer before these are released

Dan save yourself all the hassle and bodging and get a helicoil kit...they are the easiest thing to insert and will do the job properly the first time, literally takes no more than 5mins.

Ill PM you the fleabay link, they have complete kit with the drill bit, tap, insert tool and coils

the jet pro thats sellin right now are bolt in right? your just cutting for performance??
Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 PM
mooman007uk

yep they bolt right on and are great performing pipes...had one on my fgbaja and really liked it, I found though with doms and jetpros the vibration always loosens the manifold screws and even wiring them i found the gaskets would compress and blow...copper gaskets with copper high temp sealant and wiring cures it but a 2 piece pipe allows for a bit of movement so the vibration isn't really a factor then
Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 AM
badboy2

so they cut it and connect with silicone tube?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 AM
mooman007uk

that's the easy way to do it, best way would be to weld a slip collar on the pipe that slips over the manifold side the have the silicon tube over it...vrc,,tgn and hpi pipes use this method though just cutting and using a piece of tube with zip ties would work fine
Old 12-27-2009, 12:18 AM
badboy2

yea i kno what u mean...my gbe is the same way..
Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 AM
dc2 man
Banned

yeah the lads are definatly right with the vrc pipes badboy they are the top shelf as far as r/c are concerned,slaw and moo have them and they look great too....

me for now finances are tight as im finishing my own house so i will keep jetpro for now,i love it,a great performer i reckon next in the food chain below vrc for performance,but badboy they do require work,if i can i will get some pics of my one and the mods i had to do to it to make it work......

the cylinder bolts sheering are my own fault for overtorqing them......

i welded a custum side stand that goes directly to chassis when you bolt head then bolt to chassis also for support,its great.......i reccomend BADBOY IF YOU USE jetpro DO NOT i repeat DO NOT use mounting bracket supplied to your gearplate as it will destroy it and break it and scuff it up......

as for the head bolts yes its helicoils for me

thanks lads
Old 12-29-2009, 04:59 PM
dc2 man
Banned

RECENT NEWS HERE:

So all over the christmas i was too busy and didnt get time to go at my beetle at all.but i will go at it tomorrow,i have decided to strip down and check complete engine & fuel lines/carb........its going to be a big job 5-6hours at least...........and its cold here -5....
so i have decided to go along with slawhammers idea on the head bolds with using the studs and jb weld.i think its a good start for now besides buying helicoil kit.........prob will helicoil it later on but i will see how this holds up first.

Click for fullsize

out side of my beetle i have for my FG EVO onroad a marcus fieldman head kit (european champion 09) to instal so im really looking forward to this job also.......

for now first its the beetle to attack,i need to get this baby sorted as i really miss it so much.

apart from that my nutech megamonster should be also with me in a few weeks with a 29cc engine to test.

so thats the news here.

SLAWHAMMER
any news on your own build?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:19 AM
dc2 man
Banned

well as i mentioned above my fg competition model onroad is subject to a new marcus fieldman engine overhaul as we speak and also this pipe is on the way for it

CANT WAIT TO RUN IT

BEETLE UPDATE:
mmm stripped down beetle last night and looks like i was right,i got a cut in my fuel tank from a sharp stone.....mmm gravel must be the culprit.

so any suggestions for sealing up a cracked fuel tank?

silicone??

Old 12-30-2009, 01:16 PM
slawhammer

DC: as to my build it will be a bit before I can get too that....
Reason is: I had to move out of where I was living..with no place to go..So had to resort to the camper on
my pick up trk....As of last night I was able to get inner net service again...
Now that pipe would be great...the part the goes across the back is a silcencer...That takes power away from
your engine...with the silcencer off.....mega power for your engine....
As to the fuel tank..don't bother too fix it...It will just keep being a hassle..Buy a new one...then you know
your fuel system is all new again...Just my opinion here....Slawhammer
Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
dc2 man
Banned

hey slaw sorry to hear that.......ill tell you its tough on everybody right now,i built my own house 3 years ago and i have to have repayments in every month........its bloody tough as the building trade is crap here right now.....i havnt had decent work in 6-8 months......

hopefully things will pick up,listen slaw dont ever loose hope with things,you never know when things get better.
im telling you a lot of people are in similar situations.

that pipe slaw was a present from the missus,its for an onroad machine.
as to my beetle i am hoping this fuel tank will sort it out,i have another one to try so i will know straight away,if that doesnt sort it god knows.

engine and carb are going to get a full strip down anyway so i will see how that goes for me....
the temps here are gone crazy low -10 in places,hows it there?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
dc2 man
Banned

i read you slaw on the tank but im after trying silicone now on it and ill see how i go with it,........

i have a feeling it will come off it aswell lol

well its time toworrow for me to go at beetle as i miss running it
Old 12-30-2009, 07:07 PM
slawhammer

DC:...your spinning your wheels here..silacone will not work..the gasoline will dissolve it...aand will leak again..
Your best bet to try is a hot soldering gun with flat tip..to melt and fuse the plastic together...
may work for a short time..I have done that before....But the leak came back from vibrations....
Your real fix..replace the tank...Slawhammer
Old 12-31-2009, 12:00 PM
dc2 man
Banned

WORK IN PROGRESS:

another funny thing....

i took off tank and checked it thouroughly and NO CUTS WHAT SO EVER.....i was pretty sure there was a leak somewhere in the system......it is drawing lots of air in from tank and cap and seal looks perfect........

this is confusing as hell...
sure there cannot be any other points or places in the tank which could draw in air......?

the tank isnt that old maybe 6 months,i think a new tank and lines may be the easiest option now

Old 12-31-2009, 12:39 PM
mooman007uk

check the grommet where the lines go in...these can harden over time and if you remove them and then try to reuse them they will leak...should always replace them after taking them out
Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ahh you think this could be the problem?

i bloody think so too....but the grommet looks fine,so moo would this cause the carb problem? i hope so.....

there is a lot of air bubbles going to carb but carb is nice and full........its the most anoying problem this time that i ever had have

i never had carb trouble.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:32 PM
slawhammer

DC: my man..you have missed the concept here....
replace all your fuel system & carb..with new parts....Then you know it will be correct..
hey my friend..I have been thru all is from my past with these rc cars....I change my fuel lines,klunker ever3 months
needs it or not....lines get weak at the barb connection..lines develope pin holes....klunker get clogged
Hard running carb get worn out.....But hey this is me ..works for me.....My opinion...
you have to do what you tninks best for your application.....As trying to help you..I say change it all....Slawhammer
Old 01-01-2010, 03:47 PM
dc2 man
Banned

slaw i think that is also the best thing right now,i havnt still got around to looking at it but its on the cards for tomorrow now,im going at it early in the morning, and unless im really lucky to spot something defected now i will be replacing the following:

i will be working on it at my own house which isnt finished and its -5 here at moment so i suppose i will light a good fire to keep me warm while im at it
carb 813
fuel lines
fuel tank & fuel tank seals....

gaskets......if this doesnt sort me out i will have to dig deeper,i will be stripping engine completly tomorrow anyway to check it from head to toe.. and may strip carb anyway just to see.

i will let you know how i get on tomorrow slaw.

had you ever had 813 trouble slaw?
as far as i know your running that set up also? which engine have you?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:31 PM
slawhammer

DC: like I mentioned..replace every thing in the fuel system & carb....
As for me I am running the modifed engine with Marine Head ..Dark Soul cooling head...With the RN Victory
Fat pipe...walbro771 carb..I was using the 833carb...Nice carb but ..too many issues with that carb...last maybe 6 to 6 months
The walbro 771 is almost the same as 833..same internals...No Accl.pump....so still great fuel flow...
I have 4 new extra carbs....To me it is less hassle just to replace the carb...trying to repair can cost more than a new carb.......
Now with youd CAD modified engine..I am saying that engine was built for guys that race....as with you ..you just enjoy running your
rc with power..so what I am saying you will have to replace the caeb sooner,,your in off/road invorment....dirt ,,sand..wet ground
compared to carpet or asphult.......Slawhammer
Old 01-01-2010, 04:37 PM
dc2 man
Banned

well now as you mentioned your spot on cause this engine with its aggerissive porting needs the high flow of the 813....soem serious power machine you got yourself there roger...... i am loosing faith also on the 813,,,,its fairly new though so i presume it is fine.i will know tomorrow,as you say they do wear.....

im going to swap tanks tempory just to see tomorrow with another machine so i will know for sure tomorrow which part is causing the trouble for me.

its running like a bucket of poo at the moment anyway lol

slaw hows things for you at the moment anyway?
any improvement in your situation,hopw things are working out for you,and thanks very much for the help here,good to get sound advise from somebody passionate in the hobby.....

the temps are bloody crazy low here -10 ahh i should have a lot of news on car tomrrow....

dc2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.