Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI 26 CC bearings

Old 10-24-2009, 07:24 AM
clubin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI 26 CC bearings

I have had this happen to me 3 times. Once in mt Rampage, and 2 in mt HPI's. Naty when they fail, I have never damaged a cylinder yet. Every one that failed for me - when I split the case the bearings are bone dry, and there is a LOT of black dust from the bearing canabalizing itself. Looks like alack of lubrication.the bearing on the fan side has never beena problem for me.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:37 AM
monsterbrad

Get the fast eddy bearings they seem to be the better ones
My T is getting lose and I am debating tearing it down and putting a bearing in it and seeing how long it lasts stock
Old 10-24-2009, 12:19 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I am going to see how long my stock CY 26 last. Right now I have WELL over 3 gallons on it. Being I have a extra stock CY 26 and 3 engines I am building I have a few spears. LOL In the 3 engines I am building I will be running the standard replacement Team Fast Eddy bearings. They are very good quality good rating and are priced right.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.1275/.f
He all so has the ceramic bearings but are 3 times the price. Might try them one day.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.1285/.f
Before going to the Baja Challenge at Diggers Dungeon I was needing one more set of TFE bearings and along with MANY other items I got for FREEE I picked up my last set of TFE bearings I needed.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:36 PM
mooman007uk

I got the ceramics in my ported 30.5 and it revs like my 28.5, I think the quoted extra 500rpm from ceramics is pretty close... definitely worth giving them a go
Old 10-26-2009, 09:50 AM
monsterbrad

I am not sure how much gas has gone through my T but the bearing is showing wear but it still runs good.
You can tell when they get crappy cause they won't rev out anymore they kinda break up like it's hitting a Rev Limiter.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: monsterbrad

I run 6oz of Klotz to 1 gallon seems to work good but there is still this bearing issue but then again the engines are made in china so I don't expect much
I hope to have ZEN's in my car and truck here eventually but they are more expensive then the CY
Which Klotz are you using?