Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

F1 vs Sportsline (not a comparison)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

F1 vs Sportsline (not a comparison)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
ZX9RBART

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 vs Sportsline (not a comparison)

Had a little fender bender today driving with my son, amazingly, very little damage.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlj_rC498kE[/youtube]

Old 11-07-2009, 08:46 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: F1 vs Sportsline (not a comparison)

Got some nice spin out of that sportsline [&:]
Old 11-07-2009, 10:35 PM
wyattroa

man i dream to own a f1. Its just i have read they can only be ran in the smoothest area not like a sedan. how do you like the f1? you got any more videos of them
robert
Old 11-08-2009, 06:56 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, that was a pretty good smack. Let me ask, whats on the sportsline and whats on the F1? The SL seems to be faster but I'd always head that stock for stock, the F1 would be faster. Im interested in one and since you have both, you would be the perfect person to ask for comparison.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:01 AM
ZX9RBART

The sportsline has a samba pipe and 2 speed, the F1 is the comp model but otherwise stock, I drive the F1 everywhere my sedans go so I dont really think they need a perfectly smooth area like some people say.Search my posts for other videos but here are 2 more from yesterday. We were not really racing in the crash video, i was giving him a head start because the sportsline is pretty squirley off the line so I was letting him go and then running him down. The F1 has an adjustable clutch but I have it set pretty low.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyApzMxieNk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpnbrrOGpFQ[/youtube]

Old 11-09-2009, 01:04 AM
RC-NUKE

Nice F1.... Is that Lauterbacher or FG? I have the FG sportsline F1 with vented cable brakes. I notice your F1 slips and skids off course during turns and straight-line runs.
I wonder if that is due to the cold surface not making the tires hot and soften the tire rubber compound for better traction.

I also think your Sportsline is less massive and lighter so that it accelerates much faster than your competition F1, which is a hunk of machined metal, adding weight to it,
hence yielding lesser acceleration.

In case you'd like to see the photos of my f1's previous postings http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7534000/tm.htm

Will post a video of my driving it in the spring 2010.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:06 AM
RC-NUKE

Also, what engine and tuned resonator pipe do you use in F1?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
ZX9RBART

Its an FG comp with hydro brakes, it has the stock zenoah and FG tuned pipe, the sportsline BMW has a samba and 2 speed. It was really cold and dirty hence all of the sliding around. It does understeer quite a bit under braking but i find it easier to drive that way than constantly looping out. A more realistic response is that I dont drive it enough to get the handling tuned correctly. That was only the second time i had it out.

Edit: BTW nuke, your car is quite nice, but then again, i'm a total sucker for anything F1, i just got 2 mini-z f1's and also have an older Kyosho f-ten, as well as 4 tamiya 10th scale f1's.