Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motor T1000 Baja Truck

Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 AM
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Motor T1000 Baja Truck

Is there any reviews on the [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290365040320&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT]King Motor T1000 Baja[/link]? I've came across these trucks shopping around for a Baja 5T and just wanted to know what peoples experiences are with this truck. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
sheograth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: King Motor T1000 Baja Truck

Haven't used one myself, but I'd assume it's in the same quality bracket as their buggy version.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: RC_Feen

Is there any reviews on the [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290365040320&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT]King Motor T1000 Baja[/link]? I've came across these trucks shopping around for a Baja 5T and just wanted to know what peoples experiences are with this truck. Thanks!
MAN it says deal just ended DAG ON IT I missed out on that 5T 1000 for 700.00 with free shipping huh???
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
magnum500

buddy they are all over america`s favorite online auction site . i`ve been reading what ever i could find on these and they seem pretty good . i am going to buy one myself . they do have some faults ,but the trouble seems random and not part specific . lets face it , these are not 1/10 or 1/8 scale , they have some weight to them and parts are going to break ! the real positive side to this is the cost savings and the availability of parts from your local hobby shop . from what i`ve read the only parts that are not compatable are the dif housing and all the goodies inside it. but an hpi dif housing will fit in the clone dif`s place . if that makes any sense . all of the aformentioned is based on the KM brand baja . the servo`s are not the best quality but they work .the tires apparently wear fast . hope this helps
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

The guys that run with me have them, I have seriously thought about getting one of there rollers for a spare http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...obby%2C/Detail and I have a definite new truck as my next racer http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...-Desert/Detail.

So far on the buggy and the truck we have only broken the same things as the 5b & 5t, the diffs have held up to 4.5hp+ and the shocks and suspension components that you break are the same as the HPI and replaceable with anything that fits the HPI without problem.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 AM
DarkFire989

GmanBill I would stay away from engagerc. He has a bad rep here.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:59 AM
GmanBill

I have been buying stuff from them for 2 years now without a problem, ordered a lot of things from them everything has come through in a timely manner, and where else can you get the truck bodies for under $100. The guys that I race with and bash with have had nothing but good service and experience from them, I am not about to stop using someone who has done me well because people on a website has bad things to say, Even if they sell knockoffs.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989
I would stay away from engagerc. He has a bad rep here.
I agree with that! [:-]
Old 11-20-2009, 07:22 PM
srt10

funny thing the parts that break on the km buggies are not the parts that break on the HPI
not much breaks on the HPI.. why is it the km users go with HPI parts if those parts break to?
clue, the hpi parts don't break that's why they use hpi parts on their kms
Old 11-20-2009, 07:50 PM
avconslt
My Feedback: (22)

Actually, the reason KM owners use HPI parts is availability! HPI, being a U.S. based company, has a great network of dealers that can provide us with the parts we need! The KM importers do not have a very good supply of spart parts as the parts have to come in from China, which takes a long time to get them, so being able to use HPI parts on our KM Baja and T1000 makes it very convenient!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:30 PM
srt10

well actually the hpi parts out last the original km parts ..
because
if one looks around they can find any km part they need, but that's not what will last and they don't want to replace that part again
and yes I agree HPI has great support
Old 11-21-2009, 02:52 AM
Vert1go

Agree. Anyone that says "the KM quality is exactly the same as HPI" is kidding themselves and others that believe them. The quality is NOT the same, and the KMshocks are utter garbage. Biggest of all, the engines in the KM are not very good either.

Also, when you buy your KMand you have a problem with it, good luck with that. Call HPI, and they send you a replacement part, no problem. HPI support is awesome.

ORIGINAL: srt10

funny thing the parts that break on the km buggies are not the parts that break on the HPI
not much breaks on the HPI.. why is it the km users go with HPI parts if those parts break to?
clue, the hpi parts don't break that's why they use hpi parts on their kms
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 AM
GmanBill

Actually it is RPM parts for the km & hpi that get put on after breaking them, when you are flying them dirt to dirt over 40ft through the air they all break no matter who makes the parts, the stock arms on both are just junk when you race. I have the 5T and have replaced about 1/2 the truck trying to get it bullet proof, and aluminum is not the way to go because it causes something else to break, we have 2 practice tracks, one is a bmx track and the other is a stadium supercross practice track, lets just say we don't get the same hookup every time and don't clear the doubles and triples but still they are equal and they all break.

Did anyone check out the new desert truck on there yet (http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...-Desert/Detail)? the parts are FG but i have a distributor up the street and I can always get parts from Ken at Engage. When I made my order the other day he shot me a e-mail because I made a mistake (yeah I know anyone would do that) but made me a offer so I jumped. A 4 wheel drive that can be run in 2 I think would be nice for some of the tighter tracks, I can not hook up the 5T good enough and 4 wheel would fix that. But FG has a 2 speed setup also that looks like it will slip right on. If that is the case than watch out, this thing could end up faster then the 5T even with the illustrious $2k turtle racing 2 speed upgrade for a lot less.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:48 AM
IloveMYxt2

That FS looks awesome, but how durable is it? 200 bucks to make it 4wd? Why so much!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:08 AM
GmanBill

Actually if you look at the shots it is a whole new setup, more balanced (motor moved forward) and upgraded parts, plus add the drive system for the front, carriers front drive etc, this is a new piece, not the old no travel fg off road trucks, this one will work much better.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:59 PM
wyattroa

i love how people keep trying to justify it to themselves about spending more money on an HPI product. They have to come here and crap on other peoples parade and questions..
Old 11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
magnum500

i try to look at their point of veiw of supporting hpi , but the way i see it hpi is still going to win , they may not have sold a new 5b or t but they will still gain in repairs and hop ups . my local hobby shop is still going to get my buisness if and when something breaks. simply put.. the broken clone parts will be replaced hpi parts . the way i see it , they more than likely show an increase in part sales due to this market , who can complain about that ? i think there is alot of people that are p/o`d or envious just because you saved some $$$ and are having the same kind of fun they are with a few hundred to spare .[8D]
Old 11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

cmon guys... I like clones too.. but HPI spent money on development and testing... the clones did not spend anywhere near as much. Reverse engineering doesnt match research/designing/development costs.
My issue with clones is the build uality. Is the chassis straight or twisted? plastics uneven/poorly made? Is it well balanced like it should be? Things like that.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
avconslt
My Feedback: (22)

I have a KM T1000 that I converted to electric power and I can truthfully say that it appears to be perfectly constructed, with all parts fitting perfectly and the KM alloy upgrades are equally well built! I also have added some other upgrades like front brakes! I have compared my KM T1000 to a HPI Baja 5T and it is equally as well built with no noticable differences! Of course, I am not running the KM 29cc engine, which I understand is not the best, but those that have replaced the KM engine with a good CY or Zenoah have been more than happy with their truck! I have been running mine now for sometime and have not had a failure of any part yet! "knock on wood"! People have been copying other people products for many years! As they say "there is no use in reinventing the wheel"! Also they say that "copying is the greatest form of flattery"! The Chinese and Japanese have made science of copying other people's products for years and have began to put out some very good copies in the last few years, and with the low labor rates, were able to make these copies at a much less price! HPI seems to be doing very well and do not appear to to be in any danger of going out of business with the competition of the so called clones! It also appears that they are going to be doing quite well sell replacement parts for the clones, seeing that most of their parts are a direct replacement for the clones parts! I think it is just the purest that are all upset because some of us have been able to get into the 1/5 scale hobby for a lot less then they spent and their noses are bent!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 AM
EngageRC

is PC a clone of IBM?
does Honda produce every single parts? if you look at the parts between multiple brand, you will find common parts between them. is that clone or outsource part and mfg?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Vert1go

Nope, us HPI people do not have our noses bent. The TM is a clone. Not a "so-called clone", but a clone. From what I've read, the KM's quality is not even close to that of HPI. Of course, there are the rare posts such as yours that say differently, but I choose to own the original from the company that designed it.

ORIGINAL: avconslt

I have a KM T1000 that I converted to electric power and I can truthfully say that it appears to be perfectly constructed, with all parts fitting perfectly and the KM alloy upgrades are equally well built! I also have added some other upgrades like front brakes! I have compared my KM T1000 to a HPI Baja 5T and it is equally as well built with no noticable differences! Of course, I am not running the KM 29cc engine, which I understand is not the best, but those that have replaced the KM engine with a good CY or Zenoah have been more than happy with their truck! I have been running mine now for sometime and have not had a failure of any part yet! "knock on wood"! People have been copying other people products for many years! As they say "there is no use in reinventing the wheel"! Also they say that "copying is the greatest form of flattery"! The Chinese and Japanese have made science of copying other people's products for years and have began to put out some very good copies in the last few years, and with the low labor rates, were able to make these copies at a much less price! HPI seems to be doing very well and do not appear to to be in any danger of going out of business with the competition of the so called clones! It also appears that they are going to be doing quite well sell replacement parts for the clones, seeing that most of their parts are a direct replacement for the clones parts! I think it is just the purest that are all upset because some of us have been able to get into the 1/5 scale hobby for a lot less then they spent and their noses are bent!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Vert1go

What a very poor analogy.

If Toyota produced an exact duplicate of the Honda Accord, right down to the V-Tec name on the engine, do you think that Toyota would get very far with that? The KM is a facsimile - a pure copy from a company that wanted to rip off someone else's design and profit from it. If that's the company you choose to support, good for you, but don't try to justify it with lame arguments. Seriously.

ORIGINAL: EngageRC

is PC a clone of IBM?
does Honda produce every single parts? if you look at the parts between multiple brand, you will find common parts between them. is that clone or outsource part and mfg?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:18 AM
wyattroa

lol...Hey if you have the money to blow in these hard times then feel free to do so. Bottom line is the "clone" is being produced and sold for less. Why does HPI charge so much if other companies can get away with the lower cost? Most people with how the economy is do not have just $1,000 laying around.. they will be more willing to spend the $350. HPI is charging an arm and leg for the kit. We all know it is made with way less money. People need to get off your high horse. The KM is here to stay and they have proved themselves.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Vert1go

Ican see by reading this that you have no conception of production costs. Let me explain in very simple terms: Part of the cost of the HPI Baja is from the research, develtopment, and tooling to make the Baja - most of this overhead does not exist with KM. The cost of any product is not dictated by the material costs of making the parts alone.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest if people buy KM Bajas - it's their money not mine. KM has proved themselves? Oh really? Do you mean the KMis a decent car after the owner throws hundreds of dollars worth of upgrades to it?

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

lol...Hey if you have the money to blow in these hard times then feel free to do so. Bottom line is the "clone" is being produced and sold for less. Why does HPI charge so much if other companies can get away with the lower cost? Most people with how the economy is do not have just $1,000 laying around.. they will be more willing to spend the $350. HPI is charging an arm and leg for the kit. We all know it is made with way less money. People need to get off your high horse. The KM is here to stay and they have proved themselves.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 AM
BigGrump

Do you mean the KM is a decent car after the owner throws hundreds of dollars worth of upgrades to it?

Wow, that is about the greatest thing any HPI boy has ever said. Ever try reading an HPI only site? You can change the "hundreds" to "thousands" for what a lot of them go through to get the HPI worthy of their use......

You have made the case for KM.......

Dennis

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.