Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

SY Racing 4WD Reverse :-) Picture Heavy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

SY Racing 4WD Reverse :-) Picture Heavy

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SY Racing 4WD Reverse :-) Picture Heavy

Scott, again, I seriously commend you for putting whatever you plan to sell to the test and demand from the factories that they address and fix substandard issues. There are WAY too many people who have NO desire to fix a thing; all they want to do is dump the cheapest RC on the market just to make a buck. And this trend has done nothing but drive down the quality of RCs almost across the board.

There are some exception, but these others who dump cheap RCs with substandard parts do not help innovation or creativity. I am extremely happy to see that you are not one of these others. So far, only you and one other, Kostenko, have actually taken the time to and effort to test and fully inspect an RC before deciding to sell it. By testing and demanding these factories to fix problems, THAT is what will bring back reliability and quality into RCs and bring back forward moving innovations into RCs. Not just innovations to cut costs and to dump cheap RCs that undercut quality and proper innovation.

Of course, just like how FS was unwilling to work with you to fix substandard issues, Kostenko unfortunately had the same problem and attitude with the T1000 truck he was inspecting. And worse, fanboyism kicked in and several people bashed on Kostenko, calling him a liar and so forth.

I tell you, if anyone DARES to bash on you and call you a liar because you are trying to be honest some fans of that brand dont like it, I will not hesitate in reporting those posts. The hobby industry needs people like you, otherwise, all these other importers who simply dont care about anything except to make money will continue to undermine RC quality and innovation.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Scott, again, I seriously commend you for putting whatever you plan to sell to the test and demand from the factories that they address and fix substandard issues. There are WAY too many people who have NO desire to fix a thing; all they want to do is dump the cheapest RC on the market just to make a buck. And this trend has done nothing but drive down the quality of RCs almost across the board.

There are some exception, but these others who dump cheap RCs with substandard parts do not help innovation or creativity. I am extremely happy to see that you are not one of these others. So far, only you and one other, Kostenko, have actually taken the time to and effort to test and fully inspect an RC before deciding to sell it. By testing and demanding these factories to fix problems, THAT is what will bring back reliability and quality into RCs and bring back forward moving innovations into RCs. Not just innovations to cut costs and to dump cheap RCs that undercut quality and proper innovation.

Of course, just like how FS was unwilling to work with you to fix substandard issues, Kostenko unfortunately had the same problem and attitude with the T1000 truck he was inspecting. And worse, fanboyism kicked in and several people bashed on Kostenko, calling him a liar and so forth.

I tell you, if anyone DARES to bash on you and call you a liar because you are trying to be honest some fans of that brand dont like it, I will not hesitate in reporting those posts. The hobby industry needs people like you, otherwise, all these other importers who simply dont care about anything except to make money will continue to undermine RC quality and innovation.

I couldn't agree with you more Jim and that's why its hard to import because of the reputation these Chinese products get mostly due to the fact there are some shady wanna be importers that run them out a little over cost with the intentions of moving tons of units to make there money, and that's not the all the factories fault as most of these shady importers which I will not mention on here for various reasons but I am sure allot of you already know or have a pretty good idea, those guys get them through the trading companies who in turn get them from the factories and these guys are able to have them drop shipped that way, yes I to feel the factories should regulate the trading companies but I also feel its a huge responsibility of the actual importer to make sure the product is up to par and ready for consumers. I for one am not in the business of selling just anything to make a quick buck, I like nothing more than to walk into the office every day and gladly answer emails and dealer calls about the product we import and hear how happy people are with there purchase and service, I dread the emails with complaints and broken parts especially with the price of these, I to hate when I get something that I have to work on every time I want to use it and dump endless amount of money into it even if the initial cost was reasonable you should be able to take the money you save on purchasing one of these and put it into upgrade parts or something fun they would like to add to it but not because they have to in order to make them reliable. I would have liked to continue with the FS but with the lack of factory support I had to ditch them for the time being, I wouldn't have dealt with it for so long had it not been for you guys on the here upgrading and fixing issues and mostly FSHOPUPS Lee and David have been a huge help to better the FS product and make them reliable I just wish the factory would have been as help full.

I appreciate all the support guys and I will keep things honest and call it like I see it, I hope to find a line I can get into the hobby stores and I am very confident that the Nutech product will be a good one for that and hopefully some of these other models I am working on but it looks like I have allot of work ahead of myself but as long as the factories are willing to work with me I will be more then happy to beat the crud out of there product and report back to make sure I import and distribute a quality product to the market so lets all keep up the good work guys

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 12-22-2009, 03:13 PM
nutechracingusa

Since I am down now with this model until I get some parts in the mail from the factory should be here next week sometime I also had them send me some aluminum differential cases meanwhle I know the bearings and differentials seem to be the weakest points of these so I decided to pull the differentials and take a look inside, here is what I saw lol

(Now keep in mind I have only imported the FS so thats why I compare it to the FS I am not trying to bash or bad mouth FS I just wanted something to compare these parts to )

Here it is compared to the FS differentials

Here are the pins and gears compaired to the FS

And now for the internals [8D]

Take note that 2 of the four holes the pins slide into they are now oblong compared to the others, they look as if they are pressed in steel cups for the pins to slip into so I sent these images off to the factory to see if they can change the material of those cups, I would assume that happened when the bearings went out but it still shouldn't be like that.

Other than that I am pretty impressed with the thickness of the casing and how they actually hug the gears looks like a lot more support then others I have seen, the pins and gears are nice and thick as well.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 12-22-2009, 04:44 PM
FShopups

nice pics scott, so how about a SY-FS converision kit! lol here we go again..lol
Old 12-22-2009, 06:17 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: FShopups

nice pics scott, so how about a SY-FS converision kit! lol here we go again..lol
Haha yeah I don't think I will go that route this time, I had no choice with the FS as the factory wouldn't help and I didn't want people to be left without any options but I am hoping I wont have to do that as long as the factory will work with me and fix these issues before I will take on an more units lol otherwise I will stick with the Nutech and KL Model as long as that KL Model is what I am looking for

P.S my new Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20 works great for snapping pictures in macro I can get way better resolution then whats here I am just trying to keep the file sizes down, I love taking pictures now I have a decent digital camera for it

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 12-29-2009, 05:34 PM
nutechracingusa

OK got my replacement parts from the factory so I should have it all back together soon for some more testing and I am hoping these differential bearings hold together to I can actually drive it enough to test it lol, while I was waiting for the replacement parts I took the reverse unit apart to see how it all worked and why it stopped working for me, I was hoping it was an adjustment but no such luck lol that broke to so I sent in more pictures to the factory, I can still use it in forward so the testing will continue once I get it all back together :-).

Here are a few pictures of the reverse unit.

This is the back side of the slider that goes between forward and reverse you can see the 2 spots where the tabs broke off

Here are the 2 tabs broken off in the reverse gear

This is the slider removed and those 2 tabs are all that keeps this bad boy in motion lol so I think they will need to be changing the material to something harder or a new design as thats not going to last very long.

Now I can clean it all up and put it back together for another go at it :-)

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 12-30-2009, 08:34 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Good for you Scott, Glad to see another reputable dealer for Large Scale.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:46 PM
nutechracingusa

Well here is my final word on these SY Racing 1/5 Vehicles, I am really disappointed in the monster truck with all the problems I have had with it I decided not to even try and run the buggy. The buggy will most likely be a shelf queen or something to hang in my office lol but I will not continue waisting time with these in there current state they are just another paper weight.

Things That Broke within 1 1/2 tanks I was able to run through it:
Melted front and rear differential boxes
Went through 2 sets of differential bearings
Stripped 5 different steering servo arms (found one place that stocked the arms and I ordered them in bulk lol)
Broke reverse gear twice
Broke all 4 body mounts on first light rollover lol never saw so many parts come off in 1 stinkin roll over
Threw 2 front drive shafts? couldn't figure that one out lol they just pop out of the cups and fall out lost 1 in the snow of my driveway and almost went through my snow blower lol that wouldn't have been good.
Lost various screws mostly the screws that hold the upper a arms to the hubs.

Cons after running it:
Steering is way to stiff, I played around with it until I was blue in the face all it does is make this annoying clicking sound but any light impact to one of the front wheels and it instantly strips out the steering servo arm then your draggin it back lol, I had to find my old dog leash when I ran this so I could pull it back when it broke.
Gears are much nosier then the FS with steel gears sounds like the motor is ready to blow up but its just the gear noise.
Cant find much for interchangeable parts
No dual steering setup even though they have another tab for a 2nd servo arm to connect but the servo tray is designed for only 1 steering servo would have to make a whole new servo tray and battery box setup for it to run dual steering servos.

Pros after running it:
Love the thickness and style of the chassis very stiff and well designed.
Love the solid alloy roll cage never saw that before I think it will with stand some serious rollover just need to find some body mounts that will take the abuse the cage can take.
Enjoyed the stock gearing I think its great right out of the box tons of bottom power and ok top end for a MT.
The CY motor was great lots of stock power with the gearing, started every time within 2 pulls, factory carb settings were almost spot on didn't have to mess with them yet granted I only have about 1 1/2 tanks through it.
2.4 Transmitters were pretty good never had any glitches or range issues and it has a ton of nice options including fully adjustable throttle and brake ARC.
Shock towers and shocks seem durable I will know more this summer when I can spend some more time rebuilding the MT so it will go longer then 3 - 5 minutes without something breaking on it it but they seem pretty durable I like the 2 per corner but they are very stiff stock for 2 per corner.

All in all it has some great features but as a whole I would say it failed beyond the point of trying to work with the factory to make some serious changes, I certainly wont pursue this right now or in the near future, I will most likely keep the MT for a conversion project but it will be something custom and make the buggy pretty for hanging up in my office but other then that I feel it was a waist of money in its current state and if nothing else at least I was able to do it before you guys waist your hard earned money, there are a lot of other quality products out there to spend your time and money on I will put the SY Racing product on the back shelf for now and stick my time and money into the Nutech and Kalee product :-).

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Old 03-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

THanks for the info! But would you happen to have any vids at all?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:32 AM
x Wild Bill x

Well that is interesting, but thank you very much for the review and taking the time to test not only this RC, but all of the different vehicles you sell. It says something when a distributor/seller tests the product before selling it. I think everyone appreciates you sticking your neck out for us. Keep up the good work, saving us money and weeding out the lower quality stuff.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: Sherv

THanks for the info! But would you happen to have any vids at all?
Nothing worth posting as most would be pretty bored watching them but once all the snow melts here in the next few weeks I will take some time to put it all back together for another go at it in the warm weather with sand and dirt instead of ice and snow as the MT didn't go through the snow at all so really wasn't anywhere for me to run accept the road lol but I couldn't get 1 single run long enough to get any worth while video, I honestly just deleted the few short ones I had they weren't even worth editing to make a video out of but I promise I will get some video as soon as the snow melts and I can at least run it wide open across the fields and hit some jumps before it grenades again !!!! I have a few ideas in mind on how I can restructure some of it so I can at least get a full tank through at one time, it will be a fun project truck butfor a quality RTRout of the box MTit certainly is not.

ORIGINAL: x Wild Bill x
Well that is interesting, but thank you very much for the review and taking the time to test not only this RC, but all of the different vehicles you sell. It says something when a distributor/seller tests the product before selling it. I think everyone appreciates you sticking your neck out for us. Keep up the good work, saving us money and weeding out the lower quality stuff. Thanks, Bill
You bet bud I was hoping for better results with these SY Racing, but as of now in there current state they need a lot of work and I don't have the time and money to see about making some serious changes, I was really hoping to be able to bring a large scale rc to the market with reverse but in all honesty these need a lot more R&D time, so please be careful as I have seen a few sites selling these, if you do decide to take the plunge at least you know what your getting into .

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC
Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 PM
x Wild Bill x

Yeah, good thing you tested! I haven't seen any for sale, but then again I haven't been looking for the SY, as I am 90% sure I will get a NMT later this summer.

Thanks again,
Bill
Old 02-20-2011, 05:16 AM
zxhwk

I have this same car as your testing and your right just a little bump and the top gear box ears snapped off and transmitted the energy back and broke the rear gear box shock tower posts off as well.

I have also stripped the front and rear gears completely and didnt even finish 1 tank of full.
1 front outer axle cup snapped (no 4wd only 3wd)
2 shock towers broke off (front& rear)
3 center diff case cracked on right side forward gear work (no reverse)
4 blew tires off (glue no good had to regule 4 times)
5 steering servo bad
6 shocks arent filled with anything (no oil)
7 body mounts broke off
8 they sent wrong and broken body
9 missing controler in package
10 exhaust has a crack in it from factory where pipe meets rear can
11 spark plug snapped
12 we took this completly apart and welded the diff gears together so we could at least drive it .
I made main supports for the top of both front and rear gear boxes that attach the shock towers to gear boxes .
I made main supports pushing inwards on front and rear outer shock mounts and
1 main support from front shock tower to main chassis servo plate to absorbe the impact of a basic bump on front end.
The roll cage is a major flaw in design because if you notice if any impact in front or rear of car all of this energy it transmitted into the gearbox shock tower mounts and they will snap off very easily
I also made additional main supports and raised the roll case to cover the spark plug supports go to and connected to bottom chassis to help protect roll overs .
Every mod I have doen is working great .
The company i bought this car from told me basiclly to get stuffed and i would have to buy new parts.
This is wrong in every way I only have had this car for 1 week before i had a chance to play then it broke first time out and its been down longer than I have owned it
Here are some pix
I have contact another supplier and trying to get all of these parts replaced warranty
I have found a parcial upgrade parts list with some prices though
( IF ANYONE WANT THIS PART LIST LET ME KNOW ITS IN XML FORMAT ) ALL UPGRADE PARTS ARE METAL <colgroup></colgroup> <colgroup></colgroup> <colgroup></colgroup> <colgroup></colgroup> <colgroup></colgroup>
SY-06-0010 转å‘臂总æˆ/steering arm units 1 $66.00
SY-06-0021 上摆臂/upper suspension arm 1 $37.00
SY-06-0022 下摆臂/lower suspension arm 1 $84.00
SY-M002 upgrade muffler 1 $65.00
SY-M003 T5/T6专用å‡çº§æŽ’气管upgrade muffler 1 $50.00
SY-C001 CVD shaft 1 $39.80

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85541.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1566887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41975.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1566888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66116.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1566889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt53127.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1566890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc39649.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1566891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zq96931.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1566892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oq21645.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1566893  
Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 AM
mooman007uk

Old 02-20-2011, 11:04 AM
elven wizard

It's nice Scott you test this newest model and post pics part by part of what goes wrong with it. People appreciate that. I give Zxhwk credit too. By the way hi SavageJim
Old 08-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Apachy

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

A total lemon indeed. haha mooman.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:12 PM
driveshaft

Default My Alloy SY

Hi i have 2 of these and yes the sy trucks come in several models all based on the original blue devil design,there is even a bran new awsome 6 wheel drive all wheel drive and steering machine,might get that next.
These are at least the 2 that I have have been very reliable and super fun to drive,there handling at high speed curves and rough to moderate surface running is superb,stable predictable characteristics in that the rear stays well planted or glued to the ground and the suspention is par none very good,tires ya sometimes the glue comes apart but only happened to one wheel ,reglued and fine,those fat low profile tires are absolutly great on grass mud,dirt even asfault but will wear faster the thing is they are super durable and realy make the thing perform.
The reverse works great never broke the sprage pins.Most likely they broke from a high idle engagement.
Another thing about the shocks,never had one leak yet.
The steering servo that came with mine has been the best I have out of my 6 trucks its a CYS make ,30 kg I ordered 2 more but of 40 kg to put in my X1,I will post that machine later.
Well what I did to make my SYs more reliable was to replace all of the bearings to sealed ,about 100.00 bucks ,since i did notice some weare but never had a failure ,replace alot of the screws to larger hex heads ss or black.Better exaust.
Never lost a diff or any dif gears yet so far so good, installed zerk fitting,yes i do bash my trucks ,i have my own 3 ac track with high speed banked curves and lots of jumps.So far at least 7 gallons in the gold truck 2 in the other,very litle problems and very well made machine.
The steering has full bearings for smothe reliable prciese steering and it shows on the track,i have a Rampage MT and the XB ,not even close in handling and relibility although the RMP MT takes jumps better and abuse but has had dif and cup issues.
Parts are available direct from factory or by alliexpress.com ,the prices are much better and i get free shipping most of the time.
There coming out with new tires/wheels and several new trucks that are awsome ,i get them direct from china save alot.

Well i do hope dealers here will stock them and have more confedence in them i do and drive the hell out of them!

Name:	$(KGrHqR,!rQFJq2wu7GwBSe1YJNpMg~~60_57.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1955910   Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqV,!rUFJmkb1TZCBSfgI9QubQ~~60_57.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	1955911   Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqV,!rkFJUWf7Y1sBSe1YPJd2g~~60_57.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1955912   Click image for larger version

Name:	393161_20120708064125204.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1955913   Click image for larger version

Name:	lkj;j 014.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	4.73 MB
ID:	1955914  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 PM
driveshaft

Some more models sweet rides!

Name:	04(5).jpg
Views:	319
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1955918   Click image for larger version

Name:	393161_20120708064124911.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1955919   Click image for larger version

Name:	393161_20120708064127516.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1955920   Click image for larger version

Name:	T5PRO9.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	1955921   Click image for larger version

Name:	T27pedXzRXXXXXXXXX_!!83217059.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1955922   Click image for larger version

Name:	T5PRO7.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	1955923  
Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 AM
ika

does it come with reverse?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:48 PM
driveshaft

Yes check this abuse vid,it convinced me to buy,love it,i got mine here,free shipping,great prices parts ,mine is the gold all aloy diamond arm pro vertion above no 2 pic ,they dont have the 6 wheeler yet but soon,there is also other models coming.Great machine!

http://hobbiestree.com/sy-4wd-1-5-sc...d-version.html
Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 PM
driveshaft

I dont see how the above damage was possible,i ran mine dead on full out into a large pine ,it cheared the front diff case almost off screws gone but case fine,bent a bit the front top plate,did not even bend front bumper,or frame plate,15 minuts later she ran again!Could not believe my eyes ,very little damage ,35 mph head on colition and she lived!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:03 PM
driveshaft

bad ass wheels!and trucks!

Name:	newwheel.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	1957538   Click image for larger version

Name:	T5newwheel.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	1957539   Click image for larger version

Name:	T5PRO9.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	1957540   Click image for larger version

Name:	T5PRO10.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	1957541   Click image for larger version

Name:	T5PRO4.JPG
Views:	382
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	1957542  
Old 01-15-2014, 09:56 PM
driveshaft

Check out the bashing ,especialy at end ,sorry in chinese http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjEzOTM0NjI0.html
Old 01-18-2014, 04:01 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow that's impressive....just a little bit of melting...

guess that's the thing with these Chinese cars, the quality control is just not the same as other bigger manufactures.
Its just such a shame they don't offer the cars in a kit. then that way u know its built right..,

Its hard to say what caused the bearing to fail. it could of been a mesh issue, tollerances or a bad bearing. I just believe if that was a kit u properly would of shimed the pinion correctly and checked the bearings before fitting them.

When I got my first and only 1/5 scaler... losi 5ive. there was a ton of information about what to check. in involved rebuilding 60% of the car.... and sure enough 2 shock piston screws, 1 clutch carrier bolt, and pinion nut were loose, and it had the incorrect length front diff to chassis screws

In a perfect world where everyone has unlimited money it would be awesome to order a few and re-build them ground. And really look closely on dissembling them for any common assembly issues

Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 PM
driveshaft

Yes that is true i have had those issuse with other machines,but so far my SYs have had no mesh problems or stripping any where,there gears are quality made to last.
The above post of malfunctions was made in 2009 or 11,since the company has made improvements.
Here is the new 6 wheel steer and drive vid ,what monster http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjEyNDY3OTQ0.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.