Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

T anyone?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:11 AM
troppo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T anyone?

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

What size wheels do you think you'd be after for the front, Troppo?

Just in case I come across something while Googling or poking around at the scrapyard.

i was thinking kinda 6 inch, these ones are 4 inch diameter, and i reckon another couple of inches would be perfect (No that is NOT a quote from Mrs Troppo)
I really want the spoked wheel, love that look for the front wheels, thanks for the offer mate
Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Hehe.

I'll keep an eye out.
I think you're right about the spoked look too.

Did you have a look at that model car page I linked to a couple of posts ago?
Some mad C-cabs in there.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:12 AM
troppo

Hehe.

I'll keep an eye out.
I think you're right about the spoked look too.

Did you have a look at that model car page I linked to a couple of posts ago?
Some mad C-cabs in there.

yeah mate, got that in my favourites, some incredible work on there..... Reminds me of some of the models i made as a kid
Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Hey Troppo did you see [link=http://www.arizonamodels.com/product_info.php/cPath/23/products_id/67]THIS[/link]?
Has all different sizes.

Not cheap though.

[EDIT]
Ah yes that's the same site they linked to on QSL.
Still....if you assemble it yourself it's cheaper.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:57 AM
troppo

They would be ideal mate if i could afford them.......
Havent had much of a chance to get any work done on the T lately, between real life and my new shed toy i havent had time.
Won an ebay auction for a 40 inch guillo, press brake, slip roll combo... Nearly killed me trying to get it into the shed and then i had to pull it apart to get it onto the bench, i just need to set the guillo blade properly and i`m all set for some tin banging.
I`ll get some pics and post them soon.
Cheers
Troppo
Old 03-17-2010, 05:08 AM
Bob-Stormer

Check on the auction sites. Ton's of interesting things under "scooter wheels", scooter rims, etc.

like these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Go-ped-Goped-Whe...item3efdf0a924

you can get ideas here to:
https://www.surpluscenter.com/wheels...catname=wheels

Sometimes pulling the wheels off of casters is a good solution.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:12 AM
troppo

The problem is bob, it costs sooooo bloody much to get anything shipped from the states to aus, sometimes costs more than the item you buy
Old 03-17-2010, 06:22 AM
da mad maori

i just had a look at pram wheels on ebay.. there was one set but its in VIC pic up only.....

ill keep looking
Old 04-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Troppoooooo

You still with us?

Old 04-16-2010, 02:35 AM
troppo

Troppoooooo

You still with us?

Yeah still here mate, been swamped with work and getting the transit up to par so havent had a chance to do anything on the T.
Havent even had a chance to play with my new guillo in the shed yet [&o] .
Might have a chance soon, the transits almost ready for the road, only need to make a new dash for it and then i might have a little time to play in the shed finally.
Cheers
Troppo
Old 12-03-2016, 02:59 PM
troppo

OK opening up an antique thread.......
The engine will be dummied up to look like a flathead, using ebay sourced pulleys and timimg belt for the right look for the supercharger. I`ve learned a heap in doing my research, they have 4 water pipes, 2 to the bottom of the radiator that each go to their own water pump and 2 that go from the head to the top of the radiator, the early units only had 3 exhaust ports on each side of the block and the big high performance mod (short of supercharging) was 3 carbs so i`ve managed to get three similar looking whipper snipper carbies to do the job.

I`ve decided to make my own front wheels, read a few articles about it and the two difficult bits will be the tyre and the rim, my little lathe is not quite big enough to hold a 6 inch rim, i`ve been thinking about using pvc pipe if i can set it on my lathe or on my mill to shape it. I`d love to be able to make it in alloy or steel but i dont have a bead-roller to do the job so thats a non starter.

I`ve got to trim the radiator and mount the dummy engine so i can cut the firewall clearances for the bell housing so i can locate the cowl and body before i can start working on the positioning of the pocketbike motor.I cant locate my rear axle until i can get the body positioned so the rear tyres are in the "correct" position.

I`ve got some aluminium solder so i can join up the cowl pieces, i just need to practice a little before i attempt it. Going to be interesting using .8 ali sheet

I`m having a few problems trying to work out my drive gear size, the motor has a 3.3:1 output ratio and so i`m having a hard time working out what my final drive cog tooth count should be, i read somewhere on one of these pages that a 6:1 final ratio is what your looking for. Does this mean i now need a 3:1 drive ratio or would a larger drive be better (remember this is a drag car, needs top end with a little bottom for launching).

OK waffling over (for now anyway lol), any thoughts you might have, words of wisdom or even just general guffaws at my attempts will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers all
Troppo

Last edited by troppo; 12-03-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 AM
ThatDamnGuy

Very nice work, I am happy to see your still working on this. I was about to start planning a build of my own. Not sure what one of the zillion ideas I want to try yet. I am very excited to see more progress!
Old 01-09-2017, 12:09 PM
troppo

Originally Posted by ThatDamnGuy
Very nice work, I am happy to see your still working on this. I was about to start planning a build of my own. Not sure what one of the zillion ideas I want to try yet. I am very excited to see more progress!
Thanks mate, been too bloody hot to go out to the shed here lately ( 40 + degrees) so havent got a lot done. Picked up a 1/4 scale servo for the cowl steering so i just need to fabricate a horn for it to suit also got my hands on a broken mower pull start spring to make the front leaf spring out of but that means i`ll have to remake the front axle. Got to make the steering arms and drag linkage (need to find some scale looking ball joints for those). Need to mock up the body so i can sort out the chassis, cut and shape the water pumps and fit the blower and water pump pulleys. Going to remake the radiator (thinking about doing it in brass this time) so i can work out the water hoses but need the engine and chassis done before i can do that. Will post a few pics when i have some progress to show

Old 01-10-2017, 05:02 AM
ThatDamnGuy

That sounds great, excited to see some updates. If its 40+ degrees C there, that would be about 100+ F here. I don't blame you at all for not working on it. Its the exact opposite here right now, Yesterday was 6 degrees F, about -14C. Ever build anything with a tube chassis?