Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

hpi, I want something new

Old 03-30-2010, 09:31 AM
wyattroa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi, I want something new

Just wondering when HPI is going to come out with a new 5th scale. I know they came out with the 5T, but to me that is a buggy with bigger wheels and a different body. There really was no engineering that went into making the 5T. So I ask you guy, do you want something new, or are you content with what they have given us?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: hpi, I want something new

I want a 1/5th scale savage or blitz.
Both would be awesome but I already bought my nutech. I don't care anymore :P but something new would be nice. The baja has beena HUGE success for HPI... I can only see positive things in their future if they bring another 5th scale. with their name and support/LHSs stocking hpi parts... It makes sense to buy an hpi.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM
aluminum crusher

Want something new??? Then try Neutech Mega Monster 4x4, it bashes, it clashes, it rips and it snares, it jumps , and thru mountains it tares, it is the ultimate 4x4 monster that sends others running with a scare Order yours today[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-30-2010, 10:42 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

I wouldn't mind seeing hpi come out with a nice 4wd monster truck. I'd prefer it to look different than the 5t. I don't want them to just take the 5t and make it 4wd with bigger tires. I want it to feel like they built it to be specifically a monster truck. I also wouldn't mind see an on road car. I probably wouldn't buy their on road car (unless it was an f1), but I guess the whole point of my post is that I would like to see hpi do something DIFFERENT, something NEW, instead of taking a product they already have, changing it slightly, and reselling it as a different car. Don't get the wrong impression. I like the 5t. But I like the 5t because I like the 5b and they're darn near the same thing so it's hard not to like one if you like the other.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 AM
mooman007uk

I asked the HPI main man at Nuremberg what was under development in 1/5...4wd??? was told nothing is in the works, traxxas however said they were keeping a close eye on 5th market and had some ideas they were working on. So I'd say HPI are content with what they are giving us

nutech will have the XT5 out before the end of the year for those that want a TVP monster like the savage and CEN genesis and if it's anything like as well built as the MMT/TB2 (and I'm sure it will be) then it'll be the ultimate monster
Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Sherv

the idea of a traxxas 1/5th is VERY nice... People rag on traxxas but my revo was the most durable truck I have ever had. nothing but the engine broke on it. And front bumper.
a 1/5th scale Revo (rocker arm) style suspension would be AMAZING.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 AM
JCBaja

ORIGINAL: Sherv

the idea of a traxxas 1/5th is VERY nice... People rag on traxxas but my revo was the most durable truck I have ever had. nothing but the engine broke on it. And front bumper.
a 1/5th scale Revo (rocker arm) style suspension would be AMAZING.

agreed. revo style scaled up to 1/5 scale..perhaps short course truck stylings, like the slayer. that would be fun.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Lars from Norway

Traxxas did a 1/6 buggy some years ago, but i don't now if it excists yet.

HPI made the 1/5 Baja 5B, it became -and is- very popular. They sell heaps of it because of all the bling bling and option parts that excists for it on the market (after all you have to have a car to fasten all the bling bling and option parts to).

If HPI makes a new LS-car, they have to make it as popular -or even more popular- than the 5B/T. That is going to be a tough task, what if the car doesn't become as popular as the 5B/T? And what if the bling bling-manufacturers don't care or dare to make parts for it?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Freezetron

As an owner of a new 5T, I'm very happy with what I have and all the goodies I can add to my truck. If that isn't good enough for ya, you may wanna get into full sized trucks if you want real "customization" and "options" Remember, $1000+ is ALOT of money for a hobby based RC vehicle and that dramatically reduces the market they can sell too and a smaller market equals less chance of profit which in the end, is what all businesses are after. The 5B/5T is working out great for HPI and aftermarket part makers, why fix what isn't broke?

Holding your breath hoping/waiting for something new can result in a very long and usually worthless wait. If you really need more/better, go with a redcat, nutech or CEN based 4WD vehicle, but have fun getting parts and hop ups for those.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
fourwheeler

Yeah the 5T+B are working out great for HPI but so would a 4WD MT, I own a Redcat MT but I would buy another MT especially one from HPI in an instant.

Oh and read my sig.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:05 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

I wouldn't mind seeing hpi come out with a nice 4wd monster truck. I'd prefer it to look different than the 5t. I don't want them to just take the 5t and make it 4wd with bigger tires. I want it to feel like they built it to be specifically a monster truck. I also wouldn't mind see an on road car. I probably wouldn't buy their on road car (unless it was an f1), but I guess the whole point of my post is that I would like to see hpi do something DIFFERENT, something NEW, instead of taking a product they already have, changing it slightly, and reselling it as a different car. Don't get the wrong impression. I like the 5t. But I like the 5t because I like the 5b and they're darn near the same thing so it's hard not to like one if you like the other.
I FEEL YA I know what you mean I too would like to see an exact replica of Grave Digger monster truck but in 1/5th scale size...tube chassis shocks and all[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 03-31-2010, 04:03 AM
dimag093

I would like to see something new from HPI [8D]
I think HPI's next project will be released when the current 5b & 5T models start losing customers.The competition in the market is hard.I don't think they want to divide the customer's interest to newer platform.At least not at the moment since the whole market has tons of hop-ups and aftermarket support specifically for the 5b&T . It's all about cash earning and HPI is not different .
Why would they be different anyway
I know I wouldn't[8D]
Old 03-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Croozer

ORIGINAL: Sherv

I want a 1/5th scale savage or blitz.
That would be nice.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 AM
logon69

The Traxxas 1/6 was basically an off-shootof an FG Maurder from what I remember of it
No the traxxas 1/6 is not made anymore either. I looked into getting one a while back but I couldntfind parts for it so I squashed the notion of getting one!
I assumed there was a good reason I couldnt find anything for it

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

HPI made the 1/5 Baja 5B, it became -and is- very popular. They sell heaps of it because of all the bling bling and option parts that excists for it on the market (after all you have to have a car to fasten all the bling bling and option parts to).

If HPI makes a new LS-car, they have to make it as popular -or even more popular- than the 5B/T. That is going to be a tough task, what if the car doesn't become as popular as the 5B/T? And what if the bling bling-manufacturers don't care or dare to make parts for it?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:25 AM
DarkFire989

Nutech's future MT looks like a savage.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

looks nice ,those gears need some cover!!
Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Mudgy

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Remember the T maxx?
There was (and still is) so much aftermarket stuff for it, you could build one without going to Traxxas.
Maybe the Baja is the new version of this?
Either way, it will obviously be a platform available for quite some time..... I suppose to pay off the initial R&D, HPI will flog it to death. If I made this kind of thing, I would gouge my bit of ROI until the cows came home....wouldn't you?
Sales must be doing allright, even if there are clone jobs about.
Don't forget, a LOT of wallets have closed up in the last 2 years; so the hobby and Bajas seem to be doing OK even under these fiscal conditions.

just my 2c guys, crikey, I don't wanna start a war here! only an observation, eh.

Have a safe Easter, too

Old 04-01-2010, 05:46 AM
tonystott

Instead of repeating the stadium/monster truck pattern which seems to be so common, I would like to see a WRC rally car type. There are heaps of possibilities, from current models to classic cars from the past.

I can only hope...
Old 04-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Lars from Norway

I agree with you Tonystott, i am thinking of all the cool cars that could have been made, i am a bit tired of all the mt/offroads now. Thanks to MCD there is some WRC type of bodies, but that is abobut it.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 AM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: badboy2

looks nice ,those gears need some cover!!

this is the first initial mock up prototype..it has been run but needs quite a few things changing, the gears will be steel and no doubt there will be a gear cover.

you can still get all the traxxas 1/6 parts from traxxas believe it or not but the buggy is somewhat unsophisticated by todays standards

Old 04-18-2010, 09:57 PM
prestonlal

something like these ehh?

Super Nitro Rally converted to brushless on 3s lipo
Nitro MT converted to SNR converted to Brushless on 3s lipo....
VXL 3s brushless system.. i have to run it in training mode (50% power) it blew the tires off with 100% power[X(]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67103.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1420622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64642.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1420623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38570.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1420624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke91266.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1420625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kv16130.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1420626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wm84628.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1420627  
Old 04-18-2010, 10:56 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Nutech's future MT looks like a savage.

that thing looks completely rubberdiculous. its all aluminum, must way a ton. I would like to see a lot less metal and more plastic.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:40 AM
tizdaz

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

Just wondering when HPI is going to come out with a new 5th scale. I know they came out with the 5T, but to me that is a buggy with bigger wheels and a different body. There really was no engineering that went into making the 5T. So I ask you guy, do you want something new, or are you content with what they have given us?
lol, FG didnt come out with anything new for.... years! even the 4x4 system took a decade to be released \o/

HPI already have a few different models within a short period, yup they are based on the same design (de-ja-vu with FG!?) but thats because its a tried & tested design so why change it. You can easily make them look like a MT/ST/Hummer/Beetle using bigger tires (FG Bigfoot wheels) using an adapter & throw on the shell you want by just some mods to the body posts
Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
dealwithit
My Feedback: (55)

those brushless rally cars are sick, i like the tupperware sides lol im sure they work pretty well.

im pretty sure hpi will stick with the baja for quite awhile, its just so popular, but a 1/5  Savage GPX (gas powered and huge lol) would be pretty sick, im sure it wouldn't be to hard to engineer, just blow up the plans for the savage a couple sizes
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
raptor 8

A 1/5 scale revo gasser would be the AWESOME.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.