Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Fried my Baja...

Old 04-19-2010, 11:54 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fried my Baja...

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

what brand was it so others will know not to use them andhave you taken the naughty charger apart to see if you can see why it was bad?

I tossed the charger...plus I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway...

Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Uh, the Baja's are designed to so you can charge them in the car.
Designed or not; i would never have charged my battery while it being in the radiobox. You see what happened here in this thread? You never know what is going to happen, and when it happens it is not of any use that it is designed to be charged in the box. I don't care if the polarity was wrong, charger was faulty or anything here, what happened has happened.
Obviously, you don't know how the Baja's battery/receiver box fits in the chassis. It would be a real nuisance to pull that battery out of that compartment with out removing the rollcage out of the way. So, I guess we can chalk this up to HPI's R&D folks, eh?

Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Freezetron

SMC is apparently coming out with a pack also, but I'm not gonna pay that much for one and I dont' trust Venom's products.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
mooman007uk

sorry my mistake, didn't see the drop down box at the bottom[&:]...every now and then they're on deal of the day...i was lucky to get one for $29.99. that venom packis a great deal [8D]
Old 04-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Yea venom isnt that bad, I have used their lipo packs for some time with no problem. They are always the cheapest.
My experience so far has been pretty good.
I have 3x of these (older models that werent universal) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUUE4&P=7

Price isnt bad.